Deep breath, calm down, deep breath

tlowell01
Oct 20, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 20, 2020

Ok so like a lot of people here, I was counting on the X-Plan for my deal so it was kind of a gut punch. However, after sleeping on it and talking to my buddy that works at Ford, I have a couple thoughts...

1. Decision for no X-Plan could be reversed. Man-squatch anyone?
2. We have the ability to shop around. Since the dealership is really just an ordering terminal and delivery hub and our orders will be filled in reservation order'ish, we have no particular tie to any dealership. I don't have any interest in ordering from across the country, but if a dealership 10,20, 30 miles from me makes a better offer than 2 miles from me, I'll take it. Or I can use it as motivation for my dealer to match it. The number of people here and at 6G is a fairly small percentage of the total Bronco reservation holders so we are clued into this, but I think a lot higher proportion of reservation holders are going to wake up to the situation as B&P and ordering starts to take shape. I think the reality is going to become somewhat apparent to dealers that they don't have any leverage with buyers so they are going to have to offer deals to keep their customers. I'm not anticipating Granger/Stephens level deals, but something.
3. We are still closer to the reveal date (7/13) than we are to final order date/dealer change date (1/31). A lot can change between now and then.

I've talked myself back off the edge. Hopefully these thoughts might help another couple people on here.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
TigerRN, Dr.Detroit
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2020

Gladesmen

Oct 20, 2020

Ok so like a lot of people here, I was counting on the X-Plan for my deal so it was kind of a gut punch. However, after sleeping on it and talking to my buddy that works at Ford, I have a couple thoughts...

2. We have the ability to shop around. Since the dealership is really just an ordering terminal and delivery hub and our orders will be filled in reservation order'ish, we have no particular tie to any dealership. I don't have any interest in ordering from across the country, but if a dealership 10,20, 30 miles from me makes a better offer than 2 miles from me, I'll take it. Or I can use it as motivation for my dealer to match it. The number of people here and at 6G is a fairly small percentage of the total Bronco reservation holders so we are clued into this, but I think a lot higher proportion of reservation holders are going to wake up to the situation as B&P and ordering starts to take shape. I think the reality is going to become somewhat apparent to dealers that they don't have any leverage with buyers so they are going to have to offer deals to keep their customers. I'm not anticipating Granger/Stephens level deals, but something.
3. We are still closer to the reveal date (7/13) than we are to final order date/dealer change date (1/31). A lot can change between now and then.

I've talked myself back off the edge. Hopefully these thoughts might help another couple people on here.
I think that is the proper attitude to have right now, if you don’t want to end up totally disgusted with whole deal. I have waited since 2000 when I sold my 1984 Bronco and I understand after listening to the Bring Back Bronco podcast why it has taken so long, also that the name Bronco was almost lost (this could have been a Kia Bronco) so as long as the dealership doesn’t mess this up I am going to get my Bronco... dang it I keep doing that. My wife is going to get my Bronco. I’ll get to wash it and drive it on weekends. ;)
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Dr.Detroit, tbk115

Rank VI

Oct 20, 2020

*looks at desk calendar*
ThinPartialJackal-size_restricted.gif
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Broncofly, tbk115

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

Ok so like a lot of people here, I was counting on the X-Plan for my deal so it was kind of a gut punch...
X-plan pricing would have saved new Bronco owners an average of $1K (~$165 on a base and increasing to ~$1930 on a First Edition). It is not my money, but there are other deals out there and, at least in my case, a conversation with my dealer resulted in a deal that was equitable for both of us. Best advice, get through B&P and make an appointment to see your dealer (not phone, not e-mail). Talk to them about the other offers and if you can't get where you want, there is always Granger, Stephens, etc.

$1000 to get back to off-roading in a Bronco is worth it to me, and, as you have said, X-Plan may still come. Who knows!
I wasn't there...
John B+9, Bronc96

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Oct 21, 2020

for me, my feelings of anger/frustration/disappointment/betrayal are about 30% financial, and 70% 'experience' - We are the early adopters. The obvious excited enthusiasts. The ones who are out there telling friends about the Bronco, and anyone else who might listen. We are the ones creating the communities, helping with the online buzz and excitement... and to see Ford give us the middle finger like this is a huge disappointment . They are really telling us that we don't matter
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
StroopAloop, Dr.Detroit

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

I was pissed at first about Xplan (I won’t lie I still kind of am) but I am still getting my Bronco. If losing out on Xplan is a dealbreaker for some, then they weren’t truly in it begin with imo. As also mentioned we have time and the ability to shop around. Still super excited for B&P Friday and to get a clearer picture of what I’ll be getting and in what kind of price range.
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Oct 21, 2020

If losing out on Xplan is a dealbreaker for some, then they weren’t truly in it begin with imo.
I disagree ... everyone has a tipping point. For example you are saying you are "truly in it" - but what if B&P comes out and the price ends up being $15k more than what you expected (an extreme situation, but making a point here.. )? would you still get the Bronco? For some of us (myself included) it's more about the feeling of Ford totally shitting on it's most loyal and excited customer base in order to make another $1500 per vehicle on average. I thought they were trying to create a community. To do something like what Jeep has done. Nope, not at all. They've made it clear that they really don't care about us with all the lies, poor communication, bait and switch, etc
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Dr.Detroit, tlowell01

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

I disagree ... everyone has a tipping point. For example you are saying you are "truly in it" - but what if B&P comes out and the price ends up being $15k more than what you expected (an extreme situation, but making a point here.. )? would you still get the Bronco? For some of us (myself included) it's more about the feeling of Ford totally shitting on it's most loyal and excited customer base in order to make another $1500 per vehicle on average. I thought they were trying to create a community. To do something like what Jeep has done. Nope, not at all. They've made it clear that they really don't care about us with all the lies, poor communication, bait and switch, etc
Totally understand where you’re coming from, my mood on the subject keeps wavering back and forth as Ford keeps dropping bombs on us. I guess In the back of my mind I keep hoping to wake up in the morning and see a message that Ford has reconsidered and will be honoring Xplan as they should.
Dr.Detroit, tlowell01

Chief

Oct 21, 2020

Some Dealerships are stepping up and honoring X Plan pricing even though Ford has made the 2 & 4 door Broncos ineligible. My Dealership, Walnut Creek Ford in California is honoring X Plan pricing for their existing reservation holders who have had their reservations with Walnut Creek Ford prior to 10/19/20. Their not looking to gain any additional reservations. Their just taking care of the reservation holders they already have. Classy move by Walnut Creek Ford. A real Stand Up Organization. I'm proud to call Walnut Creek Ford my Ford Dealer. I hope all of you find a Stand Up, Honorable Dealer like Walnut Creek Ford. What a crazy 24 hours it's been. From upset to angry, and back to excited again. Bring on Build & Price! I hope all of you have a great time Building your Broncos!
tlowell01, Jakob1972

Rank V

Oct 21, 2020

Can we stop referring to the real bronco as the 2&4 door bronco?

It's just the Bronco. The real Bronco.
tlowell01, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

I was let down by the decision to cut out X-plan, but it isn’t a total deal breaker. A few thousand on a ~$60K vehicle probably isn’t going to kill the deal. For me, the idea of dropping $60,000 on a vehicle I have never driven, sat in or never seen in person is getting to be a bit of a hard pill to swallow. We haven’t even seen an actual production representative vehicle. There is conflicting information about options or configurations, and I feel pricing is still up in the air. Another big concern is Ford is talking about potentially adding a new maybe unrefundable deposit at order time, but there will be no word of possible delivery timeframe for maybe another two months. Throw on top the uncertainty of the economy and it becomes almost too much risk for me.

I am 100% in for Bronco, but 95% sure it isn’t going to work this round. I will be sure to honk and wave at every one of you I pass on the road with your BN stickers on display if it doesn’t work out for me. Just remember it will be out of envy.

I’m as die hard Ford as it gets. No hard feelings here.
Dr.Detroit, tlowell01

Chief

Oct 21, 2020

No problem. Your right. The, Real Bronco! :cool:
pilonfx, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

As we all ride this rollercoaster we call “The Journey to Owning a Bronco”, let me throw an idea on the table. What if Ford decided to offer X-Plan pricing to the paid Bronco Nation members who joined prior to 10/23/20? Would that be nice? Hey @allan and @David could you please suggest this to Ford management? In keeping with the “Built Wild” theme, maybe this idea is also “Built Wild”. Think of it as a pat on the back for the BN early adopters! ;)
jasony2069, pilonfx

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

As we all ride this rollercoaster we call “The Journey to Owning a Bronco”, let me throw an idea on the table. What if Ford decided to offer X-Plan pricing to the paid Bronco Nation members who joined prior to 10/23/20? Would that be nice? Hey @allan and @David could you please suggest this to Ford management? In keeping with the “Built Wild” theme, maybe this idea is also “Built Wild”. Think of it as a pat on the back for the BN early adopters! ;)
I’d be all over that! :p
pilonfx, Chief1301

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

Now that is an excellent idea BuzzyBud! It would be another small gesture with a huge impact. :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Chief1301, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 21, 2020

Some Dealerships are stepping up and honoring X Plan pricing even though Ford has made the 2 & 4 door Broncos ineligible. My Dealership, Walnut Creek Ford in California is honoring X Plan pricing for their existing reservation holders who have had their reservations with Walnut Creek Ford prior to 10/19/20. Their not looking to gain any additional reservations. Their just taking care of the reservation holders they already have. Classy move by Walnut Creek Ford. A real Stand Up Organization. I'm proud to call Walnut Creek Ford my Ford Dealer. I hope all of you find a Stand Up, Honorable Dealer like Walnut Creek Ford. What a crazy 24 hours it's been. From upset to angry, and back to excited again. Bring on Build & Price! I hope all of you have a great time Building your Broncos!

Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego is doing the same thing - Great dealership as well!

Such a great idea! Would likely be very difficult to implement, but would be great if it was to happen!
Chief1301, tlowell01

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

Great thought and thanks for all your research! For me it doesn’t change the real concerns I have. Ford is in a very difficult position and my hat is off for their commitment to the employees. I wish there was a way to be honest with their base, but the leakers of information are out there. For most it’s based on the desire to see that new and exciting model or feature they are so eager to buy but the damage it causes to a company is unbelievable

For me, Ford needs to start to recognize the base. They are doing there best to attract that new generation of buyer through their initiatives, but forget there are those out there just like this group who are willing to pay a small fee to be part of a family with one common love. The loyalty is here. Just look around. If it isn’t an awesome Bronco it’s an F-150 in the snow or on route half way across the nation to see this unicorn we call Gen 6, or a Mustang... For me, my salesman will get sale #66 in the near future, but he was the one to point out it was our 65th a few weeks ago when we rolled out with an F-150.

Thanks BN team for your support and hard work. I truly appreciate the work you have done to bridge the gap to Ford the best you can.
Chief1301, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

You want to be the "best new friend" on a Bronco forum you just keep that first thought/number 1 thing happening.:cool:

As for your other info......I'm not holding my breath. I called a couple of dealerships yesterday and I knew more than they did. One dealership employee still thought that the FE had 3500 allotment.:rolleyes:

I guess my point is....Cheers to wishful thinking! :coffee::giggle:(y)
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
BuzzyBud, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

that's great they are doing that!
Bronco Nation #1115
Chief1301

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2020

Hang on, lets not exclude the Bronco Sport. It's a cool vehicle and still part of the club!
Bronco Nation #1115
Calgecko, samanator