Gas tank refilling issue?

BuddyOC
Sep 14, 2022

Rank 0

Sep 14, 2022

I've been having trouble filling my gas tank of our new 2022 Outer Banks Bronco and wanted to hear if anyone has experienced the same issue. I always have gas splash back out of the filler neck whenever I refuel and this happens within a few seconds after the gas shuts off. I've tried slowing the gas down as much as possible when I believe the tank is nearly full, but it always splashes out. This problem has occurred at every gas station I've tried. I have 2,400 miles & I was going to have the dealer check it out at my 7,500 mile scheduled maintenance. Thank you
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2022

Rank V

Sep 14, 2022

I've been having trouble filling my gas tank of our new 2022 Outer Banks Bronco and wanted to hear if anyone has experienced the same issue. I always have gas splash back out of the filler neck whenever I refuel and this happens within a few seconds after the gas shuts off. I've tried slowing the gas down as much as possible when I believe the tank is nearly full, but it always splashes out. This problem has occurred at every gas station I've tried. I have 2,400 miles & I was going to have the dealer check it out at my 7,500 mile scheduled maintenance. Thank you

Do not have that issue at all, no. I've had it on another vehicle and the vent was plugged tho, and I'd bet that's what is happening. Mine was a damn mud wasp! Clogged up my vent, just for kicks I guess....
Deano Bronc

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Sep 14, 2022

I haven't had that problem in 13000 miles I would definitely have the dealer check it out

Rank VI

Sep 20, 2022

So far no..... Sounds like some sort of clog as the previous post, hopefully they find the issue.
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)

Rank III

Sep 20, 2022

It might be as simple as a kinked or pinched hose from when the vehicle was assembled.

I haven't received my bronco yet, so I can't look underneath it, but you may be able to see the hoses from the tank to the filler neck under the vehicle as I assume they are routed external to the passenger compartment. If you can see them you might be able to identify any problems.
Badlands 2Dr, A51, 2.7 Auto, High Package, Tow, Capable Bumper, Roof Rack
Order 12/11/21, Build Week 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, Sticker 10/17, Build Date 10/24, Built 10/25, Shipped 10/27, Arrived 11/16, Purchased 11/21.

Rank I

Sep 20, 2022

I go to the same gas station every time, only certain pumps at the gas station do it so I avoid them.