Dear FORD

jen@luxurymarketingspecia
May 16, 2021

Rank 0

May 16, 2021

We understand that things happen but please just over communicate. Many of us have car leases or other things to plan for. We want our Bronco's and are probably going to have some extra costs associated with these delays while making alternate plans. We just want better and more clear communication. Like are we actually going to get an update from you this month?
boone, NurseDan
Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2021

Rank IV

May 16, 2021

I would really like my build letter or just a clue as to when my Bronco might roll off the line.:cool:
BuzzyBud, TK1215

Rank VI

May 16, 2021

I sense Ford is working with multiple double edged swords. They want potential owners to understand what is happening, but hope the dealers remain the customers main focus of communication. They would like to lay out a clear path forward, but their supply chains are changing daily. They hear what we are saying, but raising our hopes may not be realistic and may make the situation worse for many.
Clearly these events are outside of our control and that can be very discouraging. I believe Ford understands and at the end of the day that will work for me.
colonelreb14, Hulkbuster19

Rank II

May 16, 2021

This is the month Ford gives out our build date. Have not seen anything to the contrary.:)
TK1215

Life is a Highway

May 16, 2021

I sense Ford is working with multiple double edged swords. They want potential owners to understand what is happening, but hope the dealers remain the customers main focus of communication. They would like to lay out a clear path forward, but their supply chains are changing daily. They hear what we are saying, but raising our hopes may not be realistic and may make the situation worse for many.
Clearly these events are outside of our control and that can be very discouraging. I believe Ford understands and at the end of the day that will work for me.
Ahhh common sense rearing its ugly head again. I have no issue waiting. Good thing because that is what I have to do
colonelreb14, Jakob1972

Rank VI

May 16, 2021

Ahhh common sense rearing its ugly head again. I have no issue waiting. Good thing because that is what I have to do

In my area we are beginning to see companies want employees to return to the office after working from home for over one year. To do that many families need dependable transportation. In most cases that means a car/truck. Ford has begun to offer deep discounts on Ford Ranger pick up trucks. Is it the same as a Bronco? No! But dealers could be working with customers who can not wait for one year to accept delivery of their Bronco. I sense this is part of Ford’s plan. Once their Bronco arrives they may be pleasantly surprised with the value of their Ranger. Perhaps this is a possible option for some?
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank 0

May 16, 2021

Sure they give communication updates like the email I received yesterday notifying me of my long-awaited production date which was JUNE 7th, now is CHANGED pushed back to June 21....great...I actually thought I'd have it by July 4th weekend, a simple 4dr BigBend ST AT 2.3L supposedly the spec they are building, why the 2 week push back?! that part they did not elaborate on....
Velocity Blue BigBend 4 door Mid Soft Top Tow Pkg 1st Ford in 30 years, 2time SCCA National Champion
TK1215, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

May 16, 2021

Sure they give communication updates like the email I received yesterday notifying me of my long-awaited production date which was JUNE 7th, now is CHANGED pushed back to June 21....great...I actually thought I'd have it by July 4th weekend, a simple 4dr BigBend ST AT 2.3L supposedly the spec they are building, why the 2 week push back?! that part they did not elaborate on....

I believe each Bronco is built with thousands of individual components. The inventory for each component is tracked with sophisticated software which is updated at least weekly. That system generates the automated emails.
Those system typically do not list the individual components which triggered the alert email in the email.
The current level of communication may be the best we can get at this time.
BigBlue99, Bronc96

Road trip!!!

May 17, 2021

2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
TK1215, Bronc96

Rank V

May 17, 2021

I believe each Bronco is built with thousands of individual components. The inventory for each component is tracked with sophisticated software which is updated at least weekly. That system generates the automated emails.
Those system typically do not list the individual components which triggered the alert email in the email.
The current level of communication may be the best we can get at this time.

I respectfully disagree with you on this subject.
Many folks have dealers who are communicating with them just fine. However, some of us have dealers who don’t communicate, at ALL. Because they know that, at the end of the day, the salesman will get the sale and they don’t have to work hard for it. My dealership (whom I used to work for) is incredibly toxic... so much so, that they just got bought out and management will be gutted and replaced at some point, and salesmen will have to be re-interviewed.. but that is an extremely long process and they know it. They’ll likely still be there by the time Broncos arrive, with even less reason to care because they’re trying to find new jobs or a plan B in case the new management doesn’t want them around.

Every time I’ve called Ford customer service to try and get answers, they have literally told me “I’m sorry you’re experiencing this but there’s nothing we can do”.... wrong answer! Even one rep I spoke to claimed he was going to contact the dealership and nothing ever came of it. It would relieve a lot of stress if Ford had an acceptable plan B for people whose dealers are inadequate or negligent. The fact that dealers will get fined if the order holders don’t complete delivery is beside the point; by then, the damage is permanent IMO. “But what about customer satisfaction surveys from Ford? Because dealers are docked by unsatisfied customers after purchase too.”.... yeah, no. I’ve seen the managers change emails in the system so unhappy customers never receive those surveys from Ford.
BLUF: I’ve been the biggest optimist and the biggest advocate of Ford’s process through all of this, up until very recently. My patience has worn thin, and this process has become a huge headache that would be nonexistent if Ford just communicated a bit better.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank V

May 17, 2021

This letter that went out from Ford on Saturday, did it only go out to the people who acually have a build date set, I do not have a build date and I haven't seen this letter
PSUTE

Rank VI

May 17, 2021

This letter that went out from Ford on Saturday, did it only go out to the people who acually have a build date set, I do not have a build date and I haven't seen this letter

A few folks have build dates.
A good many of those folks have had those build dates pushed back.
That is who received the letters.
Day 1 res first 3 hours, Feb 6th order; May 25th? scheduled for build, July 15th Build date, Dirt Mountain 2.5 months, delivered into my loving hands Oct. 8th
Kennp, BuzzyBud

Rank III

May 17, 2021

So the majority of people haven't received any emails on build dates yet then?

Moab or bust!!!

May 17, 2021

No. Most are supposed to get them in May sometime but could very well be delayed like most things.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
TK1215

Rank II

May 17, 2021

We understand that things happen but please just over communicate. Many of us have car leases or other things to plan for. We want our Bronco's and are probably going to have some extra costs associated with these delays while making alternate plans. We just want better and more clear communication. Like are we actually going to get an update from you this month?
yes my lease is up in July. I know if ford allows it they can extend my lease out, but waiting on build and Vin so I can let ford know and they can push my lease out a few months if needed
TK1215, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

May 17, 2021

The only official communication I have states "late May" .... Email from Mar25th, as I recall.
Day 1 res first 3 hours, Feb 6th order; May 25th? scheduled for build, July 15th Build date, Dirt Mountain 2.5 months, delivered into my loving hands Oct. 8th
TK1215

Rank VI

May 17, 2021

Along the same lines, my primary concern is "official" communication to the customer about constrained items ....SUCH AS the supposed BASH BAR/SAFARI BAR delay.

I read the "memo" that was nothing more than a C&P of something.... my dealer claims they cannot find in any Ford portal, therefore there are no delays in my build.... according to the dealer.

Plus, I have not read anything from an actual dealer here or at 6g confirming or denying the SAFARI bar delay.
TK1215

Rank 0

Jun 13, 2021

That is a good point. My dealer unfortunately has never sent one communication other than when they got my reservation or placed the order. I have heard that other people are getting better communication from their dealers. When I inquired about changing dealerships I was told my order would have to be placed again and I would loose my spot in line. I would encourage others to research the dealers in the area and not just go by zip code.
BuzzyBud, TK1215