Rank IV

Supporter III

Sep 17, 2021
Goodyear, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Schmidt
My dealer just called and told me he was told by Ford that they are not building any hardtops due to “commodity constraints” and that it will likely be 2025 before they build those again, that they are only building soft tops . The dealer thought that they may be giving us a “worse case scenario” but that’s only his opinion.

Has anyone else heard anything similar? What are your thoughts?

BroncoFred

Rank IV

Supporter III

Sep 17, 2021
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Schmidt
Hate to say it but that would be breaking news all over the auto industry if that was true. Very, Very doubtful that there is a 3-4 year delay
That is what I was thinking and why I thought I would ask on here. Y’all would probably be the first to hear, if anyone.

Something else that struck me odd is that he wanted me to go online and create another order as a soft top. This was after I told him I had to think about it. Is he just trying to get another order for their dealership? Weird. I’m not settling for a soft top. That’s not what I want. I’d rather wait, and buy something else, if it’s truly going to take that long.

BBNation

Rank IV

Supporter I

Aug 8, 2020
Kentucky, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

My dealer just called and told me he was told by Ford that they are not building any hardtops due to “commodity constraints” and that it will likely be 2025 before they build those again, that they are only building soft tops . The dealer thought that they may be giving us a “worse case scenario” but that’s only his opinion.

I have a VIN and a preliminary build week of 12/20/21 for a 4 Door Hardtop. I really hope your dealer is wrong… :LOL:

Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Promoter II

Aug 24, 2020
USA
First Name
Janet
Last Name
Conrad
Member #

Call Ford Customer Service and ask them. So go outside of your dealership to get the truth. (800)392-3673.

I'm suspicious!

BroncoFred

Rank IV

Supporter III

Sep 17, 2021
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Schmidt

Call Ford Customer Service and ask them. So go outside of your dealership to get the truth. (800)392-3673.

I'm suspicious!
Thanks Bronco Girl. That’s exactly what I’m going to do.

Reactions: Bronco_Girl

Mal

Rank VI

Champion I

May 21, 2020
Albuquerque NM
Member #

[/QUOTE]

I'm suspicious![/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. This would be like atomic bomb news. I would bet more on your sales rep is confused about the mod top(which is delayed until at least my23) and the MIC top. Big Ford keeps saying they have that problem licked and are shipping trucks with that top, to include all the Dirt Mountain holding pen trucks. That would be a pretty big swing in from what they said like yesterday. Not impossible, but not likely.

BitterBronco

Rank IV

Advocate III

May 22, 2021
Chester, CT
First Name
David
Last Name
Bitter
Member #

I think we can comfortably put this one in the "bad advice" column. Over on the Forum page for 2-door deliveries, there are numerous posts about people recently receiving their 2 door builds (and not just dirt mountain ones).

Rest easy, BroncoFred. If you want a hard top, you'll get it before 2025.

However, if you wanted a PAINTED Hard Top AND ordered the hard & soft top combo... then 2025 might be your date

BroncoFred

Rank IV

Supporter III

Sep 17, 2021
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Schmidt
If your dealership is asking you to place a new order and not just change your order to a soft top. I would put my money on he is just trying to get a sale sooner.
Good point. I was thinking the same, why wouldn’t he just have me change my order? I think, like you said, he wants a sale sooner AND I think they wouldn’t mind putting my HT on the lot with a big markup when it does arrive.

Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: Jakob1972

BuckYeah

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2021
Seattle
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Byrne
Member #

It's "fake news." LOL

No, seriously. I think you're right, Fred. Your dealer is just trying to sweet talk you into something you don't want. Something he knows he has a shot at getting built. I spoke with a salesperson today who said their dealership cannot even order a hard top because all they have allocations for are four-door soft tops. I think they may just want to keep people interested, so they're offering the path of least resistance just to guarantee a sale.

BroncoFred

Rank IV

Supporter III

Sep 17, 2021
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Schmidt
It's "fake news." LOL

No, seriously. I think you're right, Fred. Your dealer is just trying to sweet talk you into something you don't want. Something he knows he has a shot at getting built. I spoke with a salesperson today who said their dealership cannot even order a hard top because all they have allocations for are four-door soft tops. I think they may just want to keep people interested, so they're offering the path of least resistance just to guarantee a sale.
Thanks… I think you’re right. Pisses me off! I was so, so disappointed after his call. I’m going to hang in there with my hardtop order and drive my Hyundai Sonata into the ground in the meantime! Hahaha

travisdougan

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Feb 3, 2021
Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Dougan
there is hope. I just got "built" status after being parked on dirt mountain waiting 2 months for a replacement hardtop. Let's hope that's a sign that the new hardtops are making it through QC. I was a November MIC 1.0 replacement so they are well on schedule. If you want a hardtop i'd stay the course.

BroncoFred

Rank IV

Supporter III

Sep 17, 2021
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Schmidt
there is hope. I just got "built" status after being parked on dirt mountain waiting 2 months for a replacement hardtop. Let's hope that's a sign that the new hardtops are making it through QC. I was a November MIC 1.0 replacement so they are well on schedule. If you want a hardtop i'd stay the course.
Thanks Travis. You’ve given me hope! I can rest easy tonight. Tomorrow I get on the phone with Ford!

Reactions: Bronco_Girl

BroncoFred

Rank IV

Supporter III

Sep 17, 2021
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Schmidt
Thanks Travis. You’ve given me hope! I can rest easy tonight. Tomorrow I get on the phone with Ford!
Look at all the photos coming off the production line, many are MIC's so again obviously your rep is a little lacking upstairs LOL
Ha! He is for sure. I just hope he doesn’t screw up my order. May have to go over his head from now on.