Day 1-power train malfunction/reduced power!

tnice
Apr 10, 2022

Rank 0

Apr 10, 2022

Hi,

I’m a new Bronco owner. Picked it up yesterday. A few miles in had the service wrench pop up followed up with the engine light. My Ford app is telling me it’s a power train malfunction and to bring it to a dealer.
I’m going to bring it in asap. Just frustrating to have this happen the 1st day I have it after waiting for months.

Any one else experience this or have suggestions?
thanks!

Tony
NJ
the poacher
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2022

No Ragerts

Apr 10, 2022

Hi,

I’m a new Bronco owner. Picked it up yesterday. A few miles in had the service wrench pop up followed up with the engine light. My Ford app is telling me it’s a power train malfunction and to bring it to a dealer.
I’m going to bring it in asap. Just frustrating to have this happen the 1st day I have it after waiting for months.

thanks!

Tony
NJ
That doesn’t sound good @tnice May I guess you have the 2.7 motor? Unfortunately, there have been a bunch of reports of bad valves in motors produced between May 11 and October 8, 2021

a call/trip to the dealership is in order…

lots of pertinent reading here —>
https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/motortrend-noticing-2-7-issues.9867/
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
tnice

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Apr 10, 2022

it's not a bad valve based on a check engine light it would no longer be running or making really bad noises however a trip to the dealership to get it checked is in order it is most likely a sensor malfunction
okie4570, tnice

Rank 0

Apr 10, 2022

Same thing happened to me on my 2.3 waist gate sticking. They are ordering a part. 1 day after owning it
Deano Bronc, tnice

Rank 0

Apr 10, 2022

Which engine?

Rank 0

Apr 11, 2022

Rank 0

Apr 11, 2022

Same thing happened to me on my 2.3 waist gate sticking. They are ordering a part. 1 day after owning it
I’m probably in the same situation. Ridiculous
Richterman

Rank III

Apr 15, 2022

I have been having a "check 4x4" "service soon" on and off since 4/4. When it comes on I have no use of the 4x4 option. But then the next day it's off and everything is working. Took it to dealer yesterday and sat for two hours. They saw the codes but didn't know why and that they would need to keep it when I can leave it for further tests.

Rank 0

Apr 28, 2022

Hi,

thanks!

Tony
NJ

I saw another thread that dealer had to replace the solenoid. Was that the same problem?

Rank 0

Apr 28, 2022

For me it ended up just being a software issue. Thankfully I didn’t experience any actual engine trouble. Loving my Bronco.
Bschurr

Rank 0

Apr 28, 2022

For me it ended up just being a software issue. Thankfully I didn’t experience any actual engine trouble. Loving my Bronco.
Good to hear! Taking mine in now and hoping it's just that.
tnice, Jakob1972

Rank 0

Apr 28, 2022

Good to hear! Taking mine in now and hoping it's just that.
Good luck!

Rank IV

Apr 29, 2022

Hi,

thanks!

Tony
NJ
I had this happen on my 2.3 Badlands. After 5 trips to the dealer they finally replaced the Transfercase Shifter module. Everything seem to be ok now. Good luck !
tnice

Rank V

Apr 30, 2022

I had this happen on my 2.3 Badlands. After 5 trips to the dealer they finally replaced the Transfercase Shifter module. Everything seem to be ok now. Good luck !
Do you have MT or AT in your 2.3?
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992

Rank 0

Apr 30, 2022

AT
NT AUTOMOTIVE

Rank IV

May 03, 2022

Do you have MT or AT in your 2.3?
I have the Manual 2.3
NT AUTOMOTIVE

Rank 0

May 04, 2022

Yep, 2.3 mt/badlands/lux/sas. Got the same warning 120mi into driving and it turns out the Turbo needs to be replaced. Apparently its going to take 5 weeks to receive the part. Everyone I've reached out to thus far just says "it is what it is". Ford has done nothing to make it right. Pretty crazy to wait this long on a vehicle and have it out of commission in the first week. Hopefully, Ford has a plan in place for those of us that are basically beta testing their new truck. I like the thing a lot, but I could of gotten a defender instead. Based on my own customer service experience, this is going to be my first/last ford.

Rank V

May 04, 2022

On another site the 2.3 turbos that were sitting on Ice Mountain have been effected. Bad batch or whatever it turns out to be. Should be interesting to see how this develops as they get more out of the parking lot after 3+ months of sitting and into the wild. Most are happening in the first few miles. I’m sure they did a good quality inspection like they said they would? Uhg… Couldn’t imagine signing papers for a loan or paying cash on a vehicle that breaks down in the first 20 miles after waiting a year or two or more. Way to go @Ford Motor Company…
MY22 Badlands, Eruption Green, Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux. Res. Date 5/27/21, Ordered 10/15/21, On Ice Mountain…
AcesandEights

Rank VI

May 04, 2022

Yep, 2.3 mt/badlands/lux/sas. Got the same warning 120mi into driving and it turns out the Turbo needs to be replaced. Apparently its going to take 5 weeks to receive the part. Everyone I've reached out to thus far just says "it is what it is". Ford has done nothing to make it right. Pretty crazy to wait this long on a vehicle and have it out of commission in the first week. Hopefully, Ford has a plan in place for those of us that are basically beta testing their new truck. I like the thing a lot, but I could of gotten a defender instead. Based on my own customer service experience, this is going to be my first/last ford.

It pretty much is what it is? What can you, or I, or anyone else do about it? Yes, it absolutely sucks. Yes, if it were me I'd be pissed as hell also. But what do you want Ford to do other than replace your turbo?

I waited 16 months for my Bronco. Should Ford compensate me for that as? I had the seal above my windshield replaced due to leaks in the door, maybe they should compensate me for that as well? I deal with the F'd up wipers that don't seem to know what speed they want to operate at, compensation there?

Since when do people expect to be compensated for everything? Get it repaired and move on! Your $100 reservation was just a small down payment on a vehicle. If these things upset you that much, buy something else.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Deano Bronc

Rank 0

May 04, 2022

Yeah... Mine wasn't on ice mountain. Paid cash for mine, in my mind there has to be a dollar amount for being out of your new vehicle for over a month. Idk, I'd take any show of good faith at this point. I assume this truck is going to bring in a lot of new Ford buyers from other higher end brands. I totally get what you're saying @EvINvrys. It's a small problem overall really. I would say though, this isn't what I have come to expect purchasing other vehicles from other brands. It's their right to have it be business as usual for them, and its my right to buy something else and complain about it on the internet.
EvlNvrDys