Advocate II

Apr 12, 2021
California
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Nowak
Member #

Well, anyone that has a chance, take a look at a Wildtrak with the modular bumper and see if there is still a fog light switch.
So I've wondered this same thing for a while and through my own self detective work across available pictures and video walk-arounds, it appears that adding the modular bumper absolutely removes the factory fog light switch. I've self confirmed this on both "pre-production" OBX and WT trims that are on display at the various events being shown with the modular bumper. Obviously can't confirm this, but I would see no reason to expect the wiring harness to still be there if it's not connected to anything on either end...

Rgwinn

Rank VI

Champion III

Jul 20, 2020
Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Gwinn
Member #

So I've wondered this same thing for a while and through my own self detective work across available pictures and video walk-arounds, it appears that adding the modular bumper absolutely removes the factory fog light switch. I've self confirmed this on both "pre-production" OBX and WT trims that are on display at the various events being shown with the modular bumper. Obviously can't confirm this, but I would see no reason to expect the wiring harness to still be there if it's not connected to anything on either end...
It would be nice to have the integrated fog light switch on my FE, but not the end of the world as I will just use one of the Aux switches

fordtorino93

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 6, 2021
Watford City nd
First Name
John
Last Name
Berndt
Member #

I have read on another forum that the harness is the same and you just need forscan and the new factory switch to add foglights. I should have my first edition by the end of next week so I can check for the wiring at the bumper. If someone that has a bronco with the correct switch could pull it and get the part number, or call a dealer with their vin to get the switches part number, that would be nice as with my vin I haven't been able to get those other models parts to show up on the ford parts website.

N0PRO

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Mar 11, 2021
Pasadena, CA, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Galante
Member #

That would be great. Please report back your findings. In my envisioned plan I have already used the six auxiliary switches, I know I know, but I have. Being able to put the fog lights on a "factory" switch would be great.

TBoneBronc

Rank III

Advocate II

Aug 12, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Weir
Member #

I'll be interested to see how the wiring hunt goes. I currently have the HD bumper ordered, but am considering stepping back to Capable get the front fogs. I have not seen Ford factory rear fog lights on anything (not that I have really paid attention until now).

fordtorino93

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 6, 2021
Watford City nd
First Name
John
Last Name
Berndt
Member #

I got my bronco Friday, just haven't had a chance to look yet. I will look if I still have daylight when I get off work today.

fordtorino93

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 6, 2021
Watford City nd
First Name
John
Last Name
Berndt
Member #

I got my bronco Friday, just haven't had a chance to look yet. I will look if I still have daylight when I get off work today.
I looked for the wiring for the fog lights, I'm not finding it. I was using a flashlight at night so I will look some more later. Hopefully it is just tucked away really well.

HikerAT22

Rank V

Promoter II

Jan 20, 2021
Broadview Heights, OH, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Ridgeway
Member #

Here are the part numbers. You can decide which options available on the switch and match it with your trim.
View attachment 22028
Any chance that the factory heated seat switches can be ordered also? I plan to have the dealer install heated seats in my Base but was told they wouldn't link with the factory switches.

fordtorino93

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 6, 2021
Watford City nd
First Name
John
Last Name
Berndt
Member #

I searched on Bronco6G and found this thread. Page 15 gives some good information at the bottom of the page. The wiring harness can be found under the tow hooks of the modular bumper. (Lux or High packages, not sure about Mid)
Factory Fog Light Switch | Page 15 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
Yes that is correct I did find them they are there tucked away pretty good. It appears they capped them with a true connector so a guy should be able to get pins and make a pigtail to hook up to any style light connectors.
20211201_204941.jpg
20211201_204941.jpg
20211201_204957.jpg
20211201_205022.jpg
20211201_205036.jpg

Attachments

Hkak45

Rank VI

Champion I

Sep 11, 2020
North Central Illinois
First Name
K
Last Name
R
Yes that is correct I did find them they are there tucked away pretty good. It appears they capped them with a true connector so a guy should be able to get pins and make a pigtail to hook up to any style light connectors.View attachment 22776View attachment 22776View attachment 22778View attachment 22779View attachment 22780
This is good news! I wonder if anyone traced it back to see where the wires end at. Interested in this as I just purchased Diode Dynamics SS6 fogs and would love to hook up to fog light switch somehow

fordtorino93

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 6, 2021
Watford City nd
First Name
John
Last Name
Berndt
Member #

This is good news! I wonder if anyone traced it back to see where the wires end at. Interested in this as I just purchased Diode Dynamics SS6 fogs and would love to hook up to fog light switch somehow
It should be ready to go just, buy the new switch and change settings in forscan. Sounds like the rear fog light harness might be there to, going to look into it next.