Dashboard Fog Light Switch

N0PRO
Mar 11, 2021

Rank V

Mar 11, 2021

If you order the modular front bumper you loose the factory installed fog lights. If you decide to add fog lights can you use the dashboard fog light switch to control them. Yes, I know you could use one of the auxiliary switches. That's not my question.
That's November Zero Papa Romeo Oscar
On order: Outer Banks 4-door, 2.7L, LUX, MIC Top, Cactus Grey, Towing, Advanced 4x4
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 11, 2021

You could, but you won't have a factory fog light switch unless you have fog lights.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank V

Mar 11, 2021

Ahh, that's the answer. I just assumed the switch would be the same. I wonder if you could install the factory fog light switch, maybe by the dealer? Unfortunately my plans call for the use of all six auxiliary switches.
On order: Outer Banks 4-door, 2.7L, LUX, MIC Top, Cactus Grey, Towing, Advanced 4x4
DeepCreek, Bronc96

Rank VI

Mar 11, 2021

My thought too, I will probably end up using one of the auxiliary switches for fog lights.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
DeepCreek, Bronc96

Rank V

Mar 11, 2021

Ahh, that's the answer. I just assumed the switch would be the same. I wonder if you could install the factory fog light switch, maybe by the dealer? Unfortunately my plans call for the use of all six auxiliary switches.
Which has to go? The passenger ejection seat or the flux capacitor? ... :D ...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Slownstddy, Barearav

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Mar 11, 2021

You could, but you won't have a factory fog light switch unless you have fog lights.
Do we know this for sure ? Some vehicles come with the switch even though no lights and you have to get the dealer to turn the circuit on in the computer if you add them yourself .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
DeepCreek, Bronc96

Libations MOD

Mar 11, 2021

Do we know this for sure ? Some vehicles come with the switch even though no lights and you have to get the dealer to turn the circuit on in the computer if you add them yourself .
Now that is the question we all would love to know. I'd rather not use an Aux on them too
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
DeepCreek, Bronc96

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Mar 11, 2021

I had to search the photo library to find out what the fog light switch looks like. It's in the center of the headlamp dial selector. It's absent on the the Base which doesn't have fog lamps, and present on this Outer Banks. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to buy the dial with the center button from the service department (or pull it from a salvage vehicle in a few years) and install it yourself. Might have to run your own wiring. Another alternative would be to install an aftermarket switch into the panel. It looks like there's room on the right side, or on the left if you don't have the mirror mounted LED spotlights (High Package).
Barearav, Gutter Clown

Rank V

Mar 11, 2021

Yes, I could add an additional switch but it would look just like that, an addition. My thought is that if I use the factory switch it would be much cleaner. I'm assuming as you mentioned that I could get a switch from the dealer. I am assuming Ford would not have separate wiring harnesses for fog lights. Rather, they would just leave the wire in place unused.
ATC Enthusiast, Bronc96

Rank VI

Mar 12, 2021

Now that is the question we all would love to know. I'd rather not use an Aux on them too
Well, anyone that has a chance, take a look at a Wildtrak with the modular bumper and see if there is still a fog light switch.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Bronc96, N0PRO

Libations MOD

Mar 12, 2021

Well, anyone that has a chance, take a look at a Wildtrak with the modular bumper and see if there is still a fog light switch.
I was trying to look through some WT pics and cant find any with a good image of that area. Only one I found looked like it wasnt there but was too blurry to really tell
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Bronc96, Rgwinn

Rank VI

Mar 12, 2021

They don't provide a fog lamp switch without the lamps
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Snowdogyyz, Gutter Clown

Libations MOD

Mar 12, 2021

They don't provide a fog lamp switch without the lamps
Had to do the angry emoji at that LOL
Rydfree, Bronc96

Rank III

Mar 12, 2021

This is from the build and price. Left is the Badlands with metal bumper, right is Wildtrak with plastic bumper. It appears from this and one of the brochures that the center of the lighting control switch pushes in to turn on the fogs. One dial has the light logo on the center, the other not. I believe that is your button. My truck is the same.

Use the dial to make a selection.
Lamps off
Parking lamps
Autolamps
Headlamps on

You can switch on the front fog
lamps by pressing the button on

the lighting control.

The bigger question I have is how long before someone goes to release the parking brake and opens the hood, LOL!

Badlands vs Wildtrak.jpg

Lighting Control.jpg
Deepshag, Gutter Clown

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Mar 12, 2021

Which has to go? The passenger ejection seat or the flux capacitor? ... :D ...
Now I got a headache, thanks a lot.
Slownstddy, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Mar 16, 2021

Here is an actual picture of the headlight switch from a Badlands without the fog lights. If you have fogs, the center of the dial will push in to turn them on. Looks like you adjust the dash brightness with the + and - buttons to the right of the dial.

Light Control.jpg
Gutter Clown, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Mar 16, 2021

That looks like a very easy switch to replace after purchasing from the parts department. Only question is if the wiring harness is different or not.
Gutter Clown

Rank V

Mar 16, 2021

For everyone hoping (me included) that the switch would be there to support aftermarket installs with the factory switch, continue to be disappointed. In this video posted with a tour of the 1 of 7000 First Edition units, at the 3:05 mark of the video, you can see (through the steering wheel) the headlight selector dial and the fog light icon is not there.

Attachments

2021 Bronco First Edition - Lightning Blue - Black Interior - 4-door
Also in the Driveway: 2020 Ford Expedition Platinum, 2017 Ford Edge Titanium, 2008 BMW 335i, 2007 Infiniti G35x, 2002 Chevy Tahoe

Rank IV

Mar 17, 2021

Yes, I could add an additional switch but it would look just like that, an addition. My thought is that if I use the factory switch it would be much cleaner. I'm assuming as you mentioned that I could get a switch from the dealer. I am assuming Ford would not have separate wiring harnesses for fog lights. Rather, they would just leave the wire in place unused.

Think of it this way. If Ford gave away all wiring for features that are complexed would be throwing away $$$. I would bet the harness is complexed for Fog and no Fog. Also the next $100 question would be if the switch uses hard wires or communication lines for the switch?

Rank III

Mar 17, 2021

Very similar to the Ford Escape headlight switch module, about $50.
Tracing relay/fuse/wire on a fog light equipped Bronco would be a good starting point... for someone interested with enough time and energy...
Rhiostatic, TK1215