Long Island, New York, USA
www.facebook.com
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Blitzer
Member #

Boosting their sponsors does not make them "right wingers."
I posted an article about Ford Co's stock hit, and cited an article from Breitbart. Purely business news. That was deleted, but they didn't throw a warning or scold on me. I wonder if that would have happened if I had cited NPR.
Not allowing honesty is my issue

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

Fine by me. And let's leave hybrid and EV Broncos out of it!
Color and roofing aside, we do have a lot in common. My son got his B.A. in Lancaster, and lived in Santa Clarita when he attended Masters Seminary (He's in the Marines now), and we got up to Angeles National Forest some. You go wheeling out there?
You bet when they are open. The Forest Service has closed a lot of trails due to the fires. I was up at Perspiration Point not long ago, and am going to Miller Jeep Trail in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: BostonBadlands

BostonBadlands

Rank IV

Champion III

May 7, 2022
Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Childs
Member #

I actually like the second part to that "The more heated a political argument becomes, the higher the likelihood that one side will mention Adolf Hitler. Whoever mentions Hitler first, loses the argument."
All in good fun, here. Just don't get me going on Trotsky sleeper cells!

AcesandEights

Rank V

Champion I

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
Remember that when your house is on fire and you can’t leave your home because your battery is not charged due to the fact that the power grid is down. Everyone understands that an EV is cleaner emissions it still does you no good if you can’t charge the car.
Haha, that's a ridiculous statement. Why would my house burn down, and why would I not be able to leave my house due to batteries not being charged? Or was your statement not really directed at me?

BostonBadlands

Rank IV

Champion III

May 7, 2022
Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Childs
Member #

Let me guess, you think that the TV show The Americans was actually a documentary? :oops:
They were Soviet spies, with a political lineage going from Brezhnev to Khrushchev to Stalin.
Stalin had Trotsky assassinated.
Interesting, here. In my novel, my protagonist is, unawares, employed by a Defense Department front company that wants to site the MX missile system in western Utah and Nevada. (They later chose Montana and the Dakotas.)

MESTUNTMAN

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jan 26, 2021
Winder, GA, USA
www.mastertechauto.com
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Bolt
Member #

Woke up to find out that a comment I made a week or two ago on a thread over at the 'other' forum was deemed to be 'political' even though I don't think iii was - resulting in an outright ban - I'm bummed because I do enjoy being part of both communities here and there. Sure, I had 2 previous posts/comments over the past 2 years that I had gotten a hand slap for - but to go to a 'ban' for this seems excessive, especially considering the more relaxed atmosphere over there. They do have a lot of good info and I'm truly bummed I can't access it any more.

bummer in the summer
Don't sweat it! I got banned for passing on my local dealers e-mail update who for some reason the other site has a hard on for. They feel like god right now but it will come full circle soon enough.

Fencelizard

Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 6, 2022
NJ, USA
First Name
PHILLIP
Last Name
ABBOTT
That's a term Jersey Shore People use for (let me see if I can remember). Bayonne,something,NY people who visit the shore... something like that. And further south down the coast they get Shoobies (however you spell it), and I think that refers to people from Philthydelphia :)

Sorry I don't live at the shore so I can't really remember the exact terms for these, but that's the jist of it ;)
Brooklyn~Edison~Newark~New~York= BENNY

Reactions: EvlNvrDys