Champion III

Jul 8, 2020
Wellsboro, PA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Berkheimer
Member #

If extra cupholders, rear ac vents on the console, doors for rear passengers, and internal cargo space are that important to you, then I suggest looking at a flex, explorer, or expedition. Those models will fill more check boxes than the bronco. If you want a sweet truck coupe that can go about anywhere, where function and reliability are prioritized over luxury, then get a bronco

Snipes243

Rank III

Champion II

Jun 10, 2020
North Carolina, USA
So if I'm understanding correctly if you don't get leather, there will be no rear seat cup holders? The jeep mom crowed that wanted to convert may not be to happy.

5280Bronco

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sep 5, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Williamson
Member #

If extra cupholders, rear ac vents on the console, doors for rear passengers, and internal cargo space are that important to you, then I suggest looking at a flex, explorer, or expedition. Those models will fill more check boxes than the bronco. If you want a sweet truck coupe that can go about anywhere, where function and reliability are prioritized over luxury, then get a bronco
I understand your perspective, but a majority of buyers will not be the hard core offroaders that only care about the capability. 90% of buyers will expect some of the features that basic cars costing half of what the bronco does include these days. You can go to far towards function and lose a large amount of the buyer base. I would also argue that cupholders and rear seat ac is not a luxury item these days. I'm still in, but there has been obvious trimming in places and it's ok for people to discuss it.

GaryB2220

Rank V

Champion III

Jul 8, 2020
Wellsboro, PA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Berkheimer
Member #

I understand your perspective, but a majority of buyers will not be the hard core offroaders that only care about the capability. 90% of buyers will expect some of the features that basic cars costing half of what the bronco does include these days. You can go to far towards function and lose a large amount of the buyer base. I would also argue that cupholders and rear seat ac is not a luxury item these days. I'm still in, but there has been obvious trimming in places and it's ok for people to discuss it.
Then an alternative such as an explorer will serve those 90% of buyers better. It'll take years of revisions before the bronco trims and options can make most tire kickers interested/satisfied enough to make a purchase. The whole point of the bronco is to have an off road focused rig. People buying just for looks or status will have to make some concessions when it comes to creature comforts

5280Bronco

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sep 5, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Williamson
Member #

Then an alternative such as an explorer will serve those 90% of buyers better. It'll take years of revisions before the bronco trims and options can make most tire kickers interested/satisfied enough to make a purchase. The whole point of the bronco is to have an off road focused rig. People buying just for looks or status will have to make some concessions when it comes to creature comforts
Makes sense, but there are features like rear seat vents that even a basic wrangler has that the bronco doesn't. That's just a miss.

GaryB2220

Rank V

Champion III

Jul 8, 2020
Wellsboro, PA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Berkheimer
Member #

Makes sense, but there are features like rear seat vents that even a basic wrangler has that the bronco doesn't. That's just a miss.
Every little thing makes the vehicle cost more. I don't think ford missed rear seat vents. I think they cut elements from the design, and focused on others in order to compete with and beat the wrangler in price and performance. The base Bronco comes with more than the base wrangler. I heard that in order to add as an option ac and power windows on the wrangler, you have to go with the 5k upgrade to the next trim. Should the top tier have all the creature comforts. Probably yeah. It'd cost as much as a LR defender at that point

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

If I’m not mistaken the Bronco does have rear AC vents they are just under the seat. Unless you mean you would like the vents in the back of the consul. My guess that will be a change in later model years. Can’t give you everything out the gate they need to be able to improve it for the next MY.

Every little thing makes the vehicle cost more. I don't think ford missed rear seat vents. I think they cut elements from the design, and focused on others in order to compete with and beat the wrangler in price and performance. The base Bronco comes with more than the base wrangler. I heard that in order to add as an option ac and power windows on the wrangler, you have to go with the 5k upgrade to the next trim. Should the top tier have all the creature comforts. Probably yeah. It'd cost as much as a LR defender at that point
Also with the Jeep every color other than white is a $245.00 adder I priced a Jeep and to get what I want in a Bronco from Jeep it runs about $6,000 more to get comparable vehicles.

Reactions: GaryB2220

scuba

Rank 0

Advocate I

Dec 2, 2020
Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Scuba
Last Name
Doo
Cupholders are in my decision making process. Now I have to decide if I want to pay $2100 just so my daughter doesn't regularly spill drinks in the back of my Bronco. Man, how many compromises am I willing to make before I move on to something else....still TBD right now, but, dang, a 4 door car with 2 cupholders....
Totally agree on cupholders and share the feeling on the other compromises. With 3 kids and many drive-thru meals per week, they are worth their weight in gold. In addition to a bunch of aftermarket cupholders, I put a '17 2nd row bench in my '13 tahoe solely to get the fold-down armrest cupholders, and let me tell you, it was not a painless swap.

If Ford is trolling these forums, cupholders are important (to some people).

PS Appreciate the 'just give me the bare off-roader' sentiment, but I personally don't have the space to add a single-purpose vehicle. (& this'll be a DD too).
PPS If it helps make a bare build less expensive for the purists around (totally get it), I'd say it'd be worth a $1k add-on to me for the "extreme cupholder" package. Put that in your conjoint analysis and smoke it.

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

So if I'm understanding correctly if you don't get leather, there will be no rear seat cup holders? The jeep mom crowed that wanted to convert may not be to happy.
There are a couple things to consider here. First, a lot of car seats come with cup holders, that’s what my youngest uses in our current vehicle. Second, for older kids, don’t underestimate the nets in the door. They aren’t ideal but they’ll hold more than you think.

Reactions: BuzzyBud

Snipes243

Rank III

Champion II

Jun 10, 2020
North Carolina, USA
There are a couple things to consider here. First, a lot of car seats come with cup holders, that’s what youngest uses. Second, for older kids, don’t underestimate the nets in the door. They aren’t ideal but they’ll hold more than you think.
If the nets are like the Rubicon's, I say from experience don't put Styrofoam cups in them. It makes for an extremely pissed off wife, the contents go everywhere. But at this rate its probably better if I stick with 2 door vehicles haha

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

If the nets are like the Rubicon's, I say from experience don't put Styrofoam cups in them. It makes for an extremely pissed off wife, the contents go everywhere. But at this rate its probably better if I stick with 2 door vehicles haha
Yeah, the 2-Door's rear cup holders are pretty sound. Another reason to go with the classic configuration! :p

Reactions: GaryB2220