Crooked Bumper

MobScene13
Sep 23, 2022

Rank V

Sep 23, 2022

Hey I have a quick question:
When I received my Bronco, I noticed the rear bumper was a little lower on the driver's side. I pointed it out to my dealer and he says it was just an alignment issue, easy fix. I just have to bring it in and leave it for a couple days:(
Not a massive deal but I don't have time to be truckless, and they don't have loaners, so my question is: is this something that I can adjust on my own?
I've never tried to swap out the bumper yet but I would imagine it's kind of the same in loosening all the bolts to get it to sit right??
I'm really hoping that he's right and not that my bumper took a hit in transit and something is bent. Opinions?
'22 barebones base, 4dr, non sas, softtop, 2.3 Area51.
Ordered 3/7/22, received 8/6/22 That's how you get it fast!
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2022

Gladesmen

Sep 23, 2022

When I received my Bronco, I noticed the rear bumper was a little lower on the driver's side. I pointed it out to my dealer and he says it was just an alignment issue, easy fix. I just have to bring it in and leave it for a couple days:(
Not a massive deal but I don't have time to be truckless, and they don't have loaners, so my question is: is this something that I can adjust on my own?
I've never tried to swap out the bumper yet but I would imagine it's kind of the same in loosening all the bolts to get it to sit right??
I'm really hoping that he's right and not that my bumper took a hit in transit and something is bent. Opinions?
That should be an easy fix. you should only have to loosen the bolts enough to just move the bumper with a push but it will not fall on its own this might require a helper or at least the help of a jack stand then you can adjust the bumper to your liking. you can also try just loosening the bolts on the side you want to move and adjust that side. I have had to remove/adjust my Bumper on my Ol' F250 several times, piece of cake.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
2020FordRaptor, MobScene13

Rank V

Sep 23, 2022

That should be an easy fix. you should only have to loosen the bolts enough to just move the bumper with a push but it will not fall on its own this might require a helper or at least the help of a jack stand then you can adjust the bumper to your liking. you can also try just loosening the bolts on the side you want to move and adjust that side. I have had to remove/adjust my Bumper on my Ol' F250 several times, piece of cake.
Ah, that's good to hear. That was my feeling on it, thanks for lending your experience and input, now I just have to look up how many bolts there are to loosen, haha!

Rank V

Sep 23, 2022

You could call Ford and plea with them to give you reimbursement for a rental vehicle.

Sep 23, 2022

I wouldn’t even take it in to be honest. 15 minute job of loosening the bolts and doing it yourself. Eight bolts total I believe, really easy. If you can’t get it straight, then have ford do it, but leaving for days seems wildly unnecessary
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
MarkPS, MobScene13

Rank V

Sep 23, 2022

I wouldn’t even take it in to be honest. 15 minute job of loosening the bolts and doing it yourself. Eight bolts total I believe, really easy. If you can’t get it straight, then have ford do it, but leaving for days seems wildly unnecessary
Yes, definitely did not sound like a great option..
I'm sure I can straighten it myself... In a lot less time :D
Jakob1972

Rank V

Sep 23, 2022

You could call Ford and plea with them to give you reimbursement for a rental vehicle.
I could..........but it wouldn't be worth the headache and time.
2020FordRaptor, Jakob1972

Rank V

Sep 23, 2022

I could..........but it wouldn't be worth the headache and time.
Sounds like it's a warranty issue. A good dealer would offer you a loaner car.
2022 4dr Badlands~Cyber Orange~MIC Top~Non Sas~2.3l MT~High Package~Roof Rails~Block Heater~Ordered 1/13/22~Build date 11/3~ In production 10/26~Window sticker 10/27~11/3 Blend date~Modules live 11/4~built email 11/6~shipped 11/14~arrived at the dealership 12/13~in the home stall 12/15
AcesandEights

Rank V

Sep 24, 2022

Sounds like it's a warranty issue. A good dealer would offer you a loaner car.
My dealer said there are no loaners to even buy anymore, they stopped offering them a while ago. :cautious:
It is a covered fix but I can't leave it for days, it's my daily driver..

Rank V

Sep 24, 2022

Of course they did, why provide great customer service. Maybe the should have caught that at the factory or at least at the dealer prep stage
2022 4dr Badlands~Cyber Orange~MIC Top~Non Sas~2.3l MT~High Package~Roof Rails~Block Heater~Ordered 1/13/22~Build date 11/3~ In production 10/26~Window sticker 10/27~11/3 Blend date~Modules live 11/4~built email 11/6~shipped 11/14~arrived at the dealership 12/13~in the home stall 12/15

Rank V

Sep 24, 2022

Of course they did, why provide great customer service. Maybe the should have caught that at the factory or at least at the dealer prep stage
I pointed it out while I was picking it up, unfortunately it seems I'm the only one with a keen eye...
To be fair, it's not off by more than a finger, but I can see it. The problem with being an artist for a living, lol
Jakob1972