Oct 08, 2020

What's the context?

Oct 08, 2020

What's the context?
Article is coming shortly, apologies.
@jordanfrombn on Instagram

Rank VI

Oct 08, 2020

@jparker Thank you for posting the article.

Also, love seeing the Bronco Sports in the Rebelle Rally team bios. That should be a great testing environment for the three Bronco teams.

https://www.rebellerally.com/2020teams/

Rank VI

Oct 08, 2020

I am REALLY impressed by the Bronco Sports. Definitely more capable off road than its competitors and Ford nailed the styling. Not really sure why you would get an Edge, Escape, Rav4, CRV, when this is an option. I'm sure Subaru is a little nervous for its Forrester...
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
BroncoMax, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Oct 09, 2020

Just wondering why testing continues if the vehicle is already in production? I'm assuming any data / larger modifications would be applied to future models (2022+)?
BroncoMax, BuzzyBud

Rank II

Oct 09, 2020

It just means all of us with current orders will be beta testers.
BroncoMax, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 18, 2020

Just wondering why testing continues if the vehicle is already in production? I'm assuming any data / larger modifications would be applied to future models (2022+)?
I thinking that Ford will soon implant a 2.3 in the Bronco Sport>>>>>.BLOW away ALL competition. I just might wait. I will see. I need to find out if the 2.0 and the 2.3 are the same basic engine block. If it is.....look out.
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud

Rank II

Oct 18, 2020

I'm not so worried about the 250hp in the Badlands BS. It's all going to depend on how the power is transferred to the wheels. There are similar vehicles with more HP, but the acceleration is dangerous / hesitant. This is the no-1 customer reported problem with the Telluride, 4Runner, Tacoma, etc., although they are also heavier vehicles. When I press the pedal, I want instant, full, responsive power if needed. I do a lot of highway driving, otherwise the acceleration would not be that critical.

According to a ProfessCars™ estimation, the Badlands is capable of "accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 6.3 sec, from 0 to 100 km/h in 6.7 sec, from 0 to 160 km/h (100 mph) in 19.1 sec, from 0 to 200 km/h (124 mph) in 49.5 sec and the quarter mile drag time is 14.8 sec." This works for me, but I'm going to need a test drive before giving a thumbs-up.
BuzzyBud