Apr 23, 2023

Rank 0

Apr 23, 2023

Should I get a tire cover for spare?
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2023

On Pilgrimage

Apr 23, 2023

Personal choice…. In my case, no
Riding OB1, 23 4- door Outer Banks, SAS, MOD, MIC, Lux, Ordered 10/20/22, delivered 1/13/23
Darrel, Eninty

Rank IV

Apr 23, 2023

Should I get a tire cover for spare?
Yep.
Chief Ron, the poacher

Rank IV

Apr 23, 2023

I have one, the Ford OE "Bronco Est. 1966" version. I think it cleans up the rear end look.
Darrel

🐎Moab bound🐎

Apr 23, 2023

I agree that it is more a personal opinion. Some say they are needed to keep them from drying out in the sun. If you do 5 tire rotation it could make the spare look better. I get a lot of rock rash on my wheels as the years go by. I like it without one. And, it drives me nuts seeing them with a design and they are crooked. I have had 2 plain black ones long time ago. Both blew off, so I have swaying my opinion.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Apr 23, 2023

I don't think that there is a right or wrong answer. It is a personal choice. For me I think it is a cleaner look and gives you a little bit of theft deterrent as well.

Deano Bronc, the poacher

Rank V

Apr 23, 2023

If I get one, it will be a special order, something like "Watch For Geezer Who Thinks He's Still 25."
Wolf, Deano Bronc

🐎Moab bound🐎

Apr 23, 2023

If I get one, it will be a special order, something like "Watch For Geezer Who Thinks He's Still 25."
Love this! Mine would be Little Old Lady. :ROFLMAO:
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
BostonBadlands, Bluestreak57

Rank IV

Apr 24, 2023

I agree that it is more a personal opinion. Some say they are needed to keep them from drying out in the sun. If you do 5 tire rotation it could make the spare look better. I get a lot of rock rash on my wheels as the years go by. I like it without one. And, it drives me nuts seeing them with a design and they are crooked. I have had 2 plain black ones long time ago. Both blew off, so I have swaying my opinion.
Blew off? That's strange. I had a cover on my YJ for years and it was tightly wrapped around the tire there was no chance of it going into parachute mode.

The OE Ford covers have internal straps that hook the center (camera hole) to the wheel spokes. It's a good design IMO. No worries of it flying off.
Darrel

🐎Moab bound🐎

Apr 24, 2023

Blew off? That's strange. I had a cover on my YJ for years and it was tightly wrapped around the tire there was no chance of it going into parachute mode.

The OE Ford covers have internal straps that hook the center (camera hole) to the wheel spokes. It's a good design IMO. No worries of it flying off.
I only had 31" tires on my YJ. I don't think there was a tire cover that small. Heck my spare might have been stock and that is why I wanted to cover it. Money was tight!. Lol
Eninty

Rank V

Jun 03, 2023

I don't think that there is a right or wrong answer. It is a personal choice. For me I think it is a cleaner look and gives you a little bit of theft deterrent as well.

Does the OEM spare cover fit a Badlands 33” tire?

Rank V

Jun 03, 2023

1685813543348.png
Bet you could get this guy's tire cover for cheap!
TitsLaRue, PSUTE

Formerly True

Jun 03, 2023

I plan on getting one, just can't find one I like for 35" tires.

Rank VI

Jun 03, 2023

Does the OEM spare cover fit a Badlands 33” tire?
Acording to Ford website it is for 32". Might fit, but there wasn't a ton of wiggle room with the elastic.
It was perfect for my BD.
265x70xr17

BYOB… Bring your own Bronco!

Jun 03, 2023

1685813543348.png
I had one on my ‘13 JK for years that said “ whiskey tango foxtrot “ and i put it on upside down for a reason. In the summer when i had my doors off, people would pull up next to me and say “ excuse me sir, did you know your tire cover is upside down?” I would reply “ why no, but thanks for telling me”. Simple things for simple minds!
2023 Wildtrak, sas, mid, soft top. Not crazy offroader…. Just a normal trail junkie
Darrel, BostonBadlands

Rank V

Jun 03, 2023

Acording to Ford website it is for 32". Might fit, but there wasn't a ton of wiggle room with the elastic.
It was perfect for my BD.
265x70xr17
That‘s what I am thinking. Might be too tight.

Rank V

Jun 03, 2023

I got one from Boomco.com. They are made from a vinyl and denim material. I have the same type on my Jeeps. The one on my TJ still looked good after 15 years and the JK is 14 years old. Some small rips along the shock cord, but not where you can see them. Never fell off, etc. Can get them on Amazon. Paid $70 for mine.

Rank II

Jun 04, 2023

I went real simple. Got mine from my dealership.

Attachments

Ultimate Cosmic Power!

Jun 05, 2023

1685813543348.png
Just find the tow yard and tactically acquire it! 😆
BostonBadlands, Darrel

Rank V

Jun 05, 2023

Just find the tow yard and tactically acquire it! 😆
Careful, there--that thing might be cursed!
Chief Ron