Heated Seat Question

nrlucas
Mar 17, 2023

Rank VI

Mar 17, 2023

I'm having a hard time figuring out the rhyme or reason behind the heated seats in combination with remote start. The only settings options for heated seats in the menu are Auto or Off. When I remote start with my fob, the driver's seat is on the lowest setting and the passenger seat is off. But if I remote start from the FordPass app, both are on full blast. I'm going to try switching the Remote Start options from Auto to Remember Last Setting to see if that works. But that's not exactly optimal, since it's really only cold enough to need the heated seats in the morning right now. So if I turn them off in the afternoon, I'd have to remember to turn them back on right before shutting off the ignition for the night. I guess I don't really understand the logic of only having Auto or Off for the heated seats. Why not Off, Low, Medium, and High for each side?
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2023

Rank VI

Mar 17, 2023

In my experience the driver seat always starts at full blast (temperature dependen), key fob or fordpassapp. The passenger seat is off UNLESS I had a passenger in it during the last trip out and they had the heated seat on.
22 | Badlands | Cyber | NonSAS | MIC | 2.7 Auto | Lux | Leather | Tow |
Res: 07/27/2020, Order: 11/04/2021, Sched: 8/8, Re-Sched: 8/15, In-Prod: 8/15, Blend: 8/19, Mods: 8/23, Chip Hold: 9/29, Built: 10/3, Ship: 10/4, Train #: 10/5, Delivered: 10/20.
OrangecrushBronco

On Pilgrimage

Mar 17, 2023

I'm having a hard time figuring out the rhyme or reason behind the heated seats in combination with remote start. The only settings options for heated seats in the menu are Auto or Off. When I remote start with my fob, the driver's seat is on the lowest setting and the passenger seat is off. But if I remote start from the FordPass app, both are on full blast. I'm going to try switching the Remote Start options from Auto to Remember Last Setting to see if that works. But that's not exactly optimal, since it's really only cold enough to need the heated seats in the morning right now. So if I turn them off in the afternoon, I'd have to remember to turn them back on right before shutting off the ignition for the night. I guess I don't really understand the logic of only having Auto or Off for the heated seats. Why not Off, Low, Medium, and High for each side?
I’ve always used the auto setting and haven’t noticed an issue, and I start with my fob a few minutes before departing on cold mornings…
Riding OB1, 23 4- door Outer Banks, SAS, MOD, MIC, Lux, Ordered 10/20/22, delivered 1/13/23

Adventure Day

Mar 17, 2023

My heated seats have never turned on with remote start. I need to call the dealer about an issue with the soft top, so I might as well bring this up as well.

Rank VI

Mar 17, 2023

My heated seats have never turned on with remote start. I need to call the dealer about an issue with the soft top, so I might as well bring this up as well.

As I've been digging around today, I found at least one post that stated that the seats have a pressure switch and won't start getting warm until butts are in the seats. But that makes no sense for the purpose of warming the vehicle up on a cold morning. Who WOULDN'T want it to actually be warm before you get in?
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top

Mar 17, 2023

As I've been digging around today, I found at least one post that stated that the seats have a pressure switch and won't start getting warm until butts are in the seats. But that makes no sense for the purpose of warming the vehicle up on a cold morning. Who WOULDN'T want it to actually be warm before you get in?
That’s definitely not true. Mine usually kick on depending on the temperature outside. Even I I didn’t have them on before I exited the vehicle last. Used remote start this morning with the fob and it was on high when I got in and nice and warm.
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
EGBronc

Rank VI

Mar 18, 2023

I was just futzing with this today. I think the real question is, why can I make grilled cheese on the driver seat ?!
Sdakotabronco, TK1215

Friendly Neighborhood Sasquatch

Mar 18, 2023

In my experience the driver seat always starts at full blast (temperature dependen), key fob or fordpassapp. The passenger seat is off UNLESS I had a passenger in it during the last trip out and they had the heated seat on.
Id love to have been a fly on the wall in THOSE engineering meetings.

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Mar 19, 2023

I can assure you that is incorrect. My auto start heats the seat and steering wheel. It is nice because even if it's really cold they are already so warm that I can usually turn them off within a couple minutes of driving and be nice and warm. I have the Lux but can't imagine that's relevant. They always come on with autostart even if they were off when I last turned the truck off. I think I programmed this but it's been long enough that I don't remeber.
thgdfathr

Mar 19, 2023

I can assure you that is incorrect. My auto start heats the seat and steering wheel. It is nice because even if it's really cold they are already so warm that I can usually turn them off within a couple minutes of driving and be nice and warm. I have the Lux but can't imagine that's relevant. They always come on with autostart even if they were off when I last turned the truck off. I think I programmed this but it's been long enough that I don't remeber.
Correct, there is a setting on the infotainment system to turn all that stuff on/ off.
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s