Color selections

47beka
Jan 11, 2022

Rank III

Jan 11, 2022

Hello,

I'm currently awaiting delivery on my Outer Banks model, and I'm curious about the colors!

I have ordered the orange, but I'm not sure of the exact color of it. Is it more burnt orange?

Also, I've seen Bronco's pictured in yellow and turquoise, but I don't see those selections when I build it on the website.

Are the Broncos available in yellow & turquoise?? If so, how do I get it?

Give me all the color details that you've got (please). Thank you!
ResidualGenius
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 11, 2022

I could be mistaken on this, but in my opinion the cyber orange looks more yellow in person than orange, and the area 51 cab look turquoise in certain lighting. So it may be that these are the 2 colors you have seen. Of all the colors I think area 51 changes the most based on lighting which is why I like it so much. If you can, I would try and see the colors you like in person as I feel photos never truly represent colors, and I feel that ford's build site is especially lacking in true color representation.
TK1215, Hobgoblin

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 11, 2022

Hello,

I'm currently awaiting delivery on my Outer Banks model, and I'm curious about the colors!

I have ordered the orange, but I'm not sure of the exact color of it. Is it more burnt orange?

Also, I've seen Bronco's pictured in yellow and turquoise, but I don't see those selections when I build it on the website.

Haha, yeah, Ford's color naming is a little off IMHO.
The burnt orange you are referring to is probably Hot Pepper Red. The yellow is Cyber Orange and the turquoise could be Cactus Gray which has a mint tint to it or Area 51.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
TK1215, 14U

Rank VI

Jan 11, 2022

Early on, I emailed 3 different people who had posted pics of their Bronco online to ask them what color it was and they all emailed me back that the color was Area-51. True story.
47beka, Giuseppe

No Ragerts

Jan 11, 2022

Hello,

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to Bronco Nation @47beka

Perhaps you could enlighten the masses here who may not understand how you purchased a Bronco but are not sure which color you ordered or what colors are available…
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank III

Jan 11, 2022

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to Bronco Nation @47beka

Perhaps you could enlighten the masses here who may not understand how you purchased a Bronco but are not sure which color you ordered or what colors are available…
You're funny :sneaky: I ordered it online and only had my computer screen to help me decipher what color I was ordering . . .

I have not received it yet.

What color do you have?
Bschurr

Rank III

Jan 11, 2022

Early on, I emailed 3 different people who had posted pics of their Bronco online to ask them what color it was and they all emailed me back that the color was Area-51. True story.
Mindblowing! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a little confused on the actual color. Thank you for your response.

Rank III

Jan 11, 2022

Haha, yeah, Ford's color naming is a little off IMHO.
The burnt orange you are referring to is probably Hot Pepper Red. The yellow is Cyber Orange and the turquoise could be Cactus Gray which has a mint tint to it or Area 51.
This is really helpful. Thank you.
Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jan 11, 2022

I could be mistaken on this, but in my opinion the cyber orange looks more yellow in person than orange, and the area 51 cab look turquoise in certain lighting. So it may be that these are the 2 colors you have seen. Of all the colors I think area 51 changes the most based on lighting which is why I like it so much. If you can, I would try and see the colors you like in person as I feel photos never truly represent colors, and I feel that ford's build site is especially lacking in true color representation.
This is really helpful, and I'm glad the cyber orange is more yellow because that is what I have for delivery currently. However, I wold love to see the Area 51 color in person. Thank you!

Rank III

Jan 11, 2022

Here’s what Cyber Orange looks like. I suppose it’s a lighter shade of orange, but it doesn’t ever look yellow to me regardless of the lighting conditions.

I really like the orange and black contrast.

Attachments

47beka

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jan 11, 2022

Here’s what Cyber Orange looks like. I suppose it’s a lighter shade of orange, but it doesn’t ever look yellow to me regardless of the lighting conditions.

I really like the orange and black contrast.
For those of us who are color blind, and specifically those who don't see red well, that DOES look very yellow.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
Deano Bronc

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 11, 2022

This is really helpful, and I'm glad the cyber orange is more yellow because that is what I have for delivery currently. However, I wold love to see the Area 51 color in person. Thank you!

Area 51 looks like a slightly lighter version of Amazon delivery van.

Cyber Orange is yellow. Albeit more of a construction or caution yellow with quite a bit of metal flake. In sunlight it looks yellow with an orange pearl hue. In overcast or low light it looks like the construction yellow.

8A844E1D-FB9E-4B55-9C10-79FBDAEC4C3F.jpeg

C95731B2-E491-4A5D-89CE-A9E813A697E6.jpeg
Pegasus65, 47beka

Rank III

Jan 11, 2022

For those of us who are color blind, and specifically those who don't see red well, that DOES look very yellow.

Yeah, I don’t have any color blindness. I understand that it’s pretty common though. What color does this Mustang look like to you? The metallic paints certainly do look different depending on the light.

https://media-service.carmax.com/img/vehicles/21300183/1_cleaned.jpg?width=800

Rank III

Jan 11, 2022

Cyber Orange is yellow. Albeit more of a construction or caution yellow with quite a bit of metal flake. In sunlight it looks yellow with an orange pearl hue. In overcast or low light it looks like the construction yellow.

View attachment 25803

View attachment 25804

Love the pictures, but that’s definitely orange. Looks something like this: https://colorcodes.io/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/bright-orange-color-swatch-scaled.jpg

Road trip!!!

Jan 11, 2022

Yeah, I don’t have any color blindness. I understand that it’s pretty common though. What color does this Mustang look like to you? The metallic paints certainly do look different depending on the light.

That’s blue! :p
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Sdakotabronco, AllthePonies

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 11, 2022

Love the pictures, but that’s definitely orange. Looks something like this: https://colorcodes.io/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/bright-orange-color-swatch-scaled.jpg

So if you say that is orange, what would you say my Gladiator is??

B1D732B8-B416-4D46-88C7-3EA281B28F5F.jpeg

55B068D7-C54A-4397-902B-7A8382C87CEB.jpeg
47beka, Bschurr

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jan 11, 2022

It looks like yellow ... very yellow to me. :)
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
AllthePonies, Garemlin

Rank III

Jan 11, 2022

So if you say that is orange, what would you say my Gladiator is??

View attachment 25811

View attachment 25810

That looks like Nacho to me, which appears to be a lighter orange or a slightly yellow orange. Hella Yella is much lighter and more of a true yellow. I think one of the confusions is that school bus yellow isn’t actually yellow. It’s yellow orange or light orange per the color wheel. Cyber orange falls in this category.
Bschurr

Gladesmen

Jan 11, 2022

View attachment 25803

View attachment 25804
Wow I am R-G color blind and I see A51 as much lighter than the Amazon trucks. My brothers Chevy trail boss is closer to the Amazon delivery.
I do see the Cyber orange as yellow in the sun but in this last picture it is a bright orange. I really don’t think you can go wrong with any of the colors.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
IceSoldier88

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 11, 2022

That looks like Nacho to me, which appears to be a lighter orange or a slightly yellow orange. Hella Yella is much lighter and more of a true yellow. I think one of the confusions is that school bus yellow isn’t actually yellow. It’s yellow orange or light orange per the color wheel. Cyber orange falls in this category.

I and most everyone else consider Nacho yellow. In fact the Oracle vinyl that most closely matches it is called signal yellow.
Bschurr