Collision Avoidance Sensor

jtpasto
Jul 22, 2022

Rank 0

Jul 22, 2022

The other day driving on the freeway I got a message that the Collision Avoidance Sensor was blocked and not working. I had to shut it off to clear my instrument panel. Where is the Collision Avoidance Sensor located? Can it be blocked by bug hits? I sure had plenty on my windshield. Later, when the vehicle is started again for use does the Collision Avoidance Sensor automatically come on or do I have to reset something? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. 2022 2 door Black Diamond.
giselflorez, 14U
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2022

Rank V

Jul 22, 2022

Here's where the sensors are according the owners manual:

1658502808842.png
22 BB 4dr SAS 2.7 Mid Pkg Hot Pepper Red, Delivered 8/25
Previous 2019 F150 Ruby Red SCrew 3.5 Eco, XLT Sport/FX4 302A
the poacher, Steve777468

Rank 0

Jul 22, 2022

Thank you for the reply. Great information.
14U

Rank V

Jul 22, 2022

It's not radar that's going to get you pulled over by a cop or trooper. It's LIDAR, which is target-specific. The LIDAR beam--smaller than a pencil lead--can land anywhere on your vehicle and give law enforcement a reading on your speed.

Rank V

Jul 22, 2022

It's not radar that's going to get you pulled over by a cop or trooper. It's LIDAR, which is target-specific. The LIDAR beam--smaller than a pencil lead--can land anywhere on your vehicle and give law enforcement a reading on your speed.
?? not sure what this is about ??
thgdfathr

Rank V

Jul 22, 2022

?? not sTre what this is about ??

The image you posted from the owner's manual includes "Radar Detector--If Equipped." I'm surprised Ford installs that on any models. I regard it as a useless option, and illegal in some states.

Rank V

Jul 22, 2022

The image you posted from the owner's manual includes "Radar Detector--If Equipped." I'm surprised Ford installs that on any models. I regard it as a useless option, and illegal in some states.
It's not that kind of radar detector, its for the Auto Cruise Control--(or whatever it's called). It uses the radar to keep and maintain a set distance at speed from the car ahead of you.
thgdfathr, the poacher

Rank V

Jul 22, 2022

It's not that kind of radar detector, its for the Auto Cruise Control--(or whatever it's called). It uses the radar to keep and maintain a set distance at speed from the car ahead of you.
Thanks! In other words, enhanced cruise control. I'm just an fogey, and finally getting the hang of all this technology, so different from my DeSoto!

"Okay Boomer!"
the poacher, Steve777468

Rank VI

Jul 22, 2022

I hate pre-collision, there's no way to turn it off. Rumor has it, if you turn off advancetrac, that turns off pre-collision, but I haven't figured out how to turn off advancetrac
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

🐎Moab bound🐎

Jul 22, 2022

Thanks! In other words, enhanced cruise control. I'm just an fogey, and finally getting the hang of all this technology, so different from my DeSoto!

"Okay Boomer!"
Adaptive Cruise Control or ACC is what they call it - incase you need to do a search in the manual to find it. I too am an old fogey, but I think I have a pdf of the owners manual at work and in my personal email.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
frdfan

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jul 22, 2022

1658529293361.png
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
Stryf, SCBronco1

Rank VI

Jul 23, 2022

I figured out how to turn off pre-collision. If you press and hold the traction control button, it turns off advancetec, which in turn turns off pre- collision. Even when pre-collision is set at its lowest level, it goes off nonstop in commute traffic. Totally annoying
the poacher

Jul 23, 2022

I figured out how to turn off pre-collision. If you press and hold the traction control button, it turns off advancetec, which in turn turns off pre- collision. Even when pre-collision is set at its lowest level, it goes off nonstop in commute traffic. Totally annoying
How close are you following people?!? I drive in heavy LA traffic a lot, and never had that problem.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
Oldhippie, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jul 23, 2022

How close are you following people?!? I drive in heavy LA traffic a lot, and never had that problem.
it’s not from following too close, it’s from othe people squeezing in front of you at the last second. Some do it with inches to spare
OrangecrushBronco, 14U

Rank V

Jul 23, 2022

BTW: The collision avoidance only works if the object in front of you is made out of metal. If there is a human or critter it will not work.
I found this out earlier this week while attending the Explorer ST driving experience. They had us test it out. Had us ramp up to 20 mph
then take your foot off the gas pedal and let the vehicle do the rest. The first time you do it, it scares the crap out of you. Also if you turn
the wheel, touch the brake or gas pedal during this, it disables it because it returns the control of the vehicle back to you.
It’s primary for distracted drivers.
Deano Bronc, ChuckO

Rank 0

Aug 09, 2022

My pre-collision system just malfunctioned during normal driving. No obvious sensor issue. My screen just indicates the system is unavailable and needs to be serviced. Since that happened, my cruise control indicator no longer displays on the center display when activated. I have an appointment in 2 weeks maybe a code scan will tell me something.

Aug 09, 2022

My pre-collision system just malfunctioned during normal driving. No obvious sensor issue. My screen just indicates the system is unavailable and needs to be serviced. Since that happened, my cruise control indicator no longer displays on the center display when activated. I have an appointment in 2 weeks maybe a code scan will tell me something.
You've probably already done this, but just in case ... check and make sure that the sensor is free of obstructions and/or dirt. Also, check the windshield and make sure that area behind your rearview mirror is the same.

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Aug 10, 2022

Here's where the sensors are according the owners manual:

View attachment 40399
"Radar sensor" can it jam radar guns?! Asking for a friend.

Rank V

Aug 10, 2022

"Radar sensor" can it jam radar guns?! Asking for a friend.
I'm sure if you put aluminum foil in your grill it will...

Aug 10, 2022

I'm sure if you put aluminum foil in your grill it will...
You can just use the foil from your hat... :ROFLMAO:
Deano Bronc, the poacher