Bronco Raptor - Antenna mounting spots

Michael_T
Jan 17, 2024

MN_Warthog

Jan 17, 2024

Are there any attenna experts out there on here? I plan on putting two radios in my rig once it gets here, a GRMS radio and a dual band HAM radio (2M and 70cm). The question I have is how close can those attennas be mounted together. I know there isn't alot of space when mounting on a vehicle like the bronco. The options are basically at the A pillars or around the spare tire on the back. And should I be concerned how close one of the attennas is to me as the driver.
2024 Ford Bronco Raptor - Shelter Green - Order Confirmed 9/21/2023, Scheduled 1/29/2024, In Production 2/2/2024, Built 2/23/204, Shipped 2/25/2024, Delivered 3/12/204.

Life is a Highway

Jan 17, 2024

Are there any attenna experts out there on here? I plan on putting two radios in my rig once it gets here, a GRMS radio and a dual band HAM radio (2M and 70cm). The question I have is how close can those attennas be mounted together. I know there isn't alot of space when mounting on a vehicle like the bronco. The options are basically at the A pillars or around the spare tire on the back. And should I be concerned how close one of the attennas is to me as the driver.
What about up front on the hood tie downs?

Rank V

Jan 17, 2024

I was told 2-3 feet apart. Play it safe one on the front and one on the back. Metal 2 Mountain makes a good mount that attaches to the front cowl. Bolts right on.
Deano Bronc, TK1215

The Warden

Jan 18, 2024

Along those lines what CB radio antennas do you all like?

MN_Warthog

Jan 18, 2024

What about up front on the hood tie downs?

I'm not crazy about that placement, nor the hood clamp style either.

I was told 2-3 feet apart. Play it safe one on the front and one on the back. Metal 2 Mountain makes a good mount that attaches to the front cowl. Bolts right on.

This is my plan, one on the passenger A pillar mount. And then the Mountain2Metal mount for behind the spare tire. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting something. I haven't look anything regarding radio since taking my Tech Ham license test along time ago.
2024 Ford Bronco Raptor - Shelter Green - Order Confirmed 9/21/2023, Scheduled 1/29/2024, In Production 2/2/2024, Built 2/23/204, Shipped 2/25/2024, Delivered 3/12/204.