Climate Control Blower-- InOp

BrianFriend71
Jan 22, 2022

Rank III

Jan 22, 2022

Hey all,
Ive got about 1,500 miles on my 2 door, badlands w/ sasquatch package with hard top. So far it's ben tons of fun to drive and Im looking forward to summer and taking the doors and top off. But, it's winter right now and my blower motor is working only intermittently. I didn't notice at first because I was mostly driving highway speeds and there was enough speed to push air into the cab and kept things mostly warm, but I had to continually turn up the heat. It wasn't until I was driving for about 45 min on a 15 mph road that I noticed that no hot air was entering the cab. I tried turning up the AUTO feature and I've maxed the fan in manual mode with no effect. I've got an appointment with the dealer on Monday, but wondering if anyone has had this issue? Or if there might be some manual override or operator error that I've not identified yet. I'd love to hear your feedback.
Brian Friend - Colorado Springs/Aguilar Colorado www.JustRoofsandGutters.com
2 Dr, 21 Bronco, 2.7ltr, Badlands Sas w Lux
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2022

Rank V

Jan 24, 2022

Hey all,
Ive got about 1,500 miles on my 2 door, badlands w/ sasquatch package with hard top. So far it's ben tons of fun to drive and Im looking forward to summer and taking the doors and top off. But, it's winter right now and my blower motor is working only intermittently. I didn't notice at first because I was mostly driving highway speeds and there was enough speed to push air into the cab and kept things mostly warm, but I had to continually turn up the heat. It wasn't until I was driving for about 45 min on a 15 mph road that I noticed that no hot air was entering the cab. I tried turning up the AUTO feature and I've maxed the fan in manual mode with no effect. I've got an appointment with the dealer on Monday, but wondering if anyone has had this issue? Or if there might be some manual override or operator error that I've not identified yet. I'd love to hear your feedback.

Hello! Send us a private message with your Bronco's VIN and name & location of dealership. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this climate control concern. Thanks!
Deano Bronc, BroncoUp

Rank III

Jan 24, 2022

Hello! Send us a private message with your Bronco's VIN and name & location of dealership. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this climate control concern. Thanks!
Thank you! PM has been sent with requested info and all of my contact info.
Cornwelltoolman

Rank V

Jan 24, 2022

Holy shit, an elusive FMC posting in the wild! o_O
the poacher, Bschurr

Wank ER

Jan 24, 2022

Good job @Ford Motor Company! I have been impressed with my service and response time so far.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Jan 24, 2022

Holy shit, an elusive FMC posting in the wild! o_O
they post on here all the time!

Rank III

Jan 25, 2022

That’s good customer service thank you Ford. Makes me want to keep buying more cars.
Cornwelltoolman, Bschurr

Rank VI

Jan 25, 2022

TFL has reported an intermittent problem where the fan goes max and can't be changed without shutting the HVAC off entirely. You might check some of their youtube posts to see if their issue(s) are similar.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
BrianFriend71

Rank III

Feb 05, 2022

Update: problem was the fan control module. After a significant time diagnosing the problem, I sadly discovered that the module was on national back order with no date. That was bad news! However, thanks to the i.m. with ford social media rep, then a couple conversations with ford directly, I received a call on Thursday from dealer, " your part is in, can you come in on Saturday?"

I'm extremely happy to report that I now have climate control again. Thank you Ford and thank you Phillong Ford Raton!

I'm a business owner, things go wrong, it's how problems are handled that makes the difference. I'm a very happy owner!
Deano Bronc, Bschurr