Class-4 Roads in Vermont

BuzzyBud
Dec 16, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 16, 2020

Now that we know Vermont will be one of the Off-Roadeo locations, I thought it would be good to view a video on Class 4 roads. However, the road in this video looks more like one of the interstate roads in Vermont. (Oops, did I say that out loud?) I love Vermont because I love rocks. You might see one or two in this video. Enjoy!

Fstfrd00, KennyMac
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2020

Rank IV

Dec 16, 2020

Now that we know Vermont will be one of the Off-Roadeo locations, I thought it would be good to view a video on Class 4 roads. However, the road in this video looks more like one of the interstate roads in Vermont. (Oops, did I say that out loud?) I love Vermont because I love rocks. You might see one or two in this video. Enjoy!

Cool. Thanks.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Dec 23, 2020

I have traveled a lot and been to most states, but have never even driven through Vermont. I've often wondered what the heck is in Vermont because you never hear about it, and I've never met anybody who could tell me a reason to visit the state. I've even googled "what the heck is in Vermont" and the Google results said "meh." So I gave up and haven't been. I told my wife about the off-roadeo locations and we both perked at Vermont, mostly because it's somewhere neither of us have been. Now I see this video and I'm ready to move there!
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

I have traveled a lot and been to most states, but have never even driven through Vermont. I've often wondered what the heck is in Vermont because you never hear about it, and I've never met anybody who could tell me a reason to visit the state. I've even googled "what the heck is in Vermont" and the Google results said "meh." So I gave up and haven't been. I told my wife about the off-roadeo locations and we both perked at Vermont, mostly because it's somewhere neither of us have been. Now I see this video and I'm ready to move there!

Although I live in New Hampshire, I absolutely love Vermont. It will be a superb training location. Ideally, we might hope for a fallen tree on a Class 4 road where we need to form a bridge utilizing recovery boards to get up and over. The other three sites might not have as many opportunities to work with rocks, mud, and trees.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Dec 23, 2020

Although I live in New Hampshire, I absolutely love Vermont. It will be a superb training location. Ideally, we might hope for a fallen tree on a Class 4 road where we need to form a bridge utilizing recovery boards to get up and over. The other three sites might not have as many opportunities to work with rocks, mud, and trees.
VT had some state 2 lane that was dirt, I recall 20 miles of dirt on RT 35. Heard it was paved.

A bridge to go over a tree? nah chainsaw time.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 23, 2020

The other three sites might not have as many opportunities to work with rocks, mud, and trees.
Consider me sold!
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

VT is my choice after TX
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

I am seriously eyeing the Vermont location. The scenery looks amazing and the terrain challenging which is perfect! Any thoughts on the towns or areas it will be nearby?
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

I am seriously eyeing the Vermont location. The scenery looks amazing and the terrain challenging which is perfect! Any thoughts on the towns or areas it will be nearby?

If I were a betting man, I would bet Woodstock, VT. However, the entire state is great! Woodstock is in the midsection and that happens to be my favorite. That area is also where Land Rover has its off-road training center. Where Ford has/had a relationship with Land Rover personnel in years past, they may be drawing upon that relationship. All speculation on my part.
Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

If I were a betting man, I would bet Woodstock, VT. However, the entire state is great! Woodstock is in the midsection and that happens to be my favorite. That area is also where Land Rover has its off-road training center. Where Ford has/had a relationship with Land Rover personnel in years past, they may be drawing upon that relationship. All speculation on my part.
Thanks Buzzy, sounds like a pretty good hunch. I completely forgot about the old Ford/LR relationship. I love to do research so I will start eyeing these areas!

Guess the one thing that is still unclear is logistics...we know we need to arrange travel/lodging to and from but what about during the event? It lasts 1.5 days so there will be an overnight and appears some of the locales if not all are in remote locations. Guess we commute from our hotel? Camping out on the trail sure would be cool. :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

Thanks Buzzy, sounds like a pretty good hunch. I completely forgot about the old Ford/LR relationship. I love to do research so I will start eyeing these areas!

Guess the one thing that is still unclear is logistics...we know we need to arrange travel/lodging to and from but what about during the event? It lasts 1.5 days so there will be an overnight and appears some of the locales if not all are in remote locations. Guess we commute from our hotel? Camping out on the trail sure would be cool. :)

The Land Rover Experience is actually in Manchester Village, VT which is about 1 hour and 22 minutes from Woodstock, VT. See the brochure below.
I have always camped in state parks in that section of VT. Of course, if you seek to drop a pile of Benjamins, you could stay at the Equinox.
Luxury Golf & Spa Resort in Manchester, VT | The Equinox Resort

Attachments

Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I could enjoy that road before, after or even instead of the Off Roadeo.
BuzzyBud, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I could enjoy that road before, after or even instead of the Off Roadeo.

Please keep in mind, the exact venue for the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Vermont is currently (as of 12/23/20) unknown. I speculate the midsection of Vermont will be our destination. I liked the looks of the experiences listed in the Land Rover brochure since these activities are why we are purchasing a Bronco. Will our venue offer the same? I hope so! Fingers crossed!!
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 24, 2020

Guess we commute from our hotel? Camping out on the trail sure would be cool. :)
My understanding is that the Off Roadeo will include a night of camping, which I look forward to more than the hotel room. We plan on taking 7-10 days off for it, the road trip to/from in our new Bronco will be equally as important as the destination when we choose our event location. I'm in Alabama and have done road trips a lot of directions. I love Austin and Vegas, but been there and lots of places in between. Never been to Moab but want to, but I've been that direction on the Harley. Bottom line, there's so many more new places to visit between here and Vermont, and the riding there looks right up my alley. I think my decision is made, and this is one road trip I can't wait to make!
BuzzyBud, Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Dec 24, 2020

Please keep in mind, the exact venue for the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Vermont is currently (as of 12/23/20) unknown. I speculate the midsection of Vermont will be our destination. I liked the looks of the experiences listed in the Land Rover brochure since these activities are why we are purchasing a Bronco. Will our venue offer the same? I hope so! Fingers crossed!!
Well VT is only 9600 sq mi so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out where it would be.
BuzzyBud, Deano Bronc