New Bronco Manual Trans strange sound

saratogabronco
Oct 10, 2022

Rank 0

Oct 10, 2022

Hello Everyone! So i picked up my 2 door Bronco Base model Manual Transmission and i absolutely love it- However it is making some strange sounds in certain situations!
In 1st/ 2nd gear you hear the normal engine sounds as you would. But there's an extra sound almost like a vibration gargle sound. It happens at slow/medium speeds. Has anyone encountered this? I have my service department scheduled to drive it and get their opinion.
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2022

Rank VI

Oct 11, 2022

Is this when you are light or heavy on the throttle? Is it in a particular RPM range? Is the sound steady or does it increase in frequency with engine speed? The engine itself makes a nice growl when you are heavy on the gas, but I definitely don't hear anything unpleasant.
BL EG 7MT 2.3L Lux O-=====-O Michigan
Order: 10/26/21, Blend: 8/8/22, Built: 8/30, Driveway: 9/20/22

Rank VI

Oct 12, 2022

I have occasionally heard that sound on mine in first and second when not accelerating hard but into the mid RPM range, I chalked it up to the turbo and waste gate.
22 Black Diamond 2dr non sas w tow and roof rails.

Rank VI

Oct 12, 2022

I believe that there is a thread with a similar issue on the other forum. They were having difficulty in getting the service department to replicate it. Not sure what the final outcome was? Best of luck with it.

Rank 0

Oct 12, 2022

i work at a dealership so having the tech's replicate it wont be an issue. already had 2 ride with me in the parking lot and see what i was talking about. It seems to be happening less the last day or so. and it kind of sounds like a coffee machine.. but i haven't heard it as often as before so hopefully its gonna stop doing it altogether during break-in ( my bronco is currently at only 100 miles )

Rank 0

Oct 13, 2022

Update for those interested. New transmission has been ordered-- Ford didn't wanna take any chances. Sucks with only 100 miles to have this happen but whatever. ( made the sound from day 1 ) so must have been defective from the start

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2022

Update for those interested. New transmission has been ordered-- Ford didn't wanna take any chances. Sucks with only 100 miles to have this happen but whatever. ( made the sound from day 1 ) so must have been defective from the start
Did they say what was wrong with it?
BL EG 7MT 2.3L Lux O-=====-O Michigan
Order: 10/26/21, Blend: 8/8/22, Built: 8/30, Driveway: 9/20/22

This is me in my happy place...

Oct 14, 2022

Does this ha e anything to do with the drive shaft recall?? Maybe??
2023 Wildtrak, Iconic Silver, Hard top, ordered 10/5, built 12/13, delivered 1/18

Rank 0

Oct 14, 2022

they said it has something going wrong/ loose in the transmission specifically about half way through the tranny. I'm not very mechanically inclined so that's the understanding that i got of the situation. Was def. making Keurig coffee machine sounds that were really annoying --- cant wait to have it fixed.
Hobgoblin, Crawler Green

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2022

Hope they get it squared away quickly for you. It will be great once it is back to normal!
saratogabronco

Rank 0

Nov 19, 2022

Having the same issue with my 22 Bronco. Dropped it off last Monday to have ‘the noise’ checked out. They said it’s coming from the transmission and they are replacing it. I’m curious if anyone out there has had a new transmission put in and if they are having the similar issues.

Rank II

Nov 23, 2022

Yes! You are not going to believe this but I’m on my THIRD transmission. Unfortunately, dropping 3 (since having it built) brand new transmissions, in less than 12 months..might I add, has not solved the problem. I’m on my third (for about 16 days now) and I’ve already had to reach out to my dealerships service dept manager about the noise...AGAIN. It’s very frustrating. I have a 2021-4door-manual-badlands-soft top-lux. Placed order April 5, 2021. Picked up January 28, 2022. >30 days & >100 miles after pick up was when I first got in touch with the dealership regarding my concern (the grinding sound). It’s been less than 12 months and less than 10k miles at this point. Defeated is an understatement. What’s your build and situation?

Rank II

Nov 23, 2022

they said it has something going wrong/ loose in the transmission specifically about half way through the tranny. I'm not very mechanically inclined so that's the understanding that i got of the situation. Was def. making Keurig coffee machine sounds that were really annoying --- cant wait to have it fixed.

SO interesting you compare the sound to a keurig brewing coffee. I have a ‘21, full size, manual with the SAME issue. Currently on my 3rd transmission and still bearding the sound. Already reached out to my service dept manager. Not sure where to go/what options I have from here. This recurring issue is exhausting. But when describing the sound to anyone, I said it was “like a keurig trying to brew coffee without any water”. I’m assuming by now you have your bronco back. Did replacing the transmission fix the problem for you? ....one and done? If so, how long has it been? My first time with the issue was from the beginning, like you, less than 30 days and less than 100 miles. Very, very discouraging.

Rank V

Nov 23, 2022

Yes! You are not going to believe this but I’m on my THIRD transmission. Unfortunately, dropping 3 (since having it built) brand new transmissions, in less than 12 months..might I add, has not solved the problem. I’m on my third (for about 16 days now) and I’ve already had to reach out to my dealerships service dept manager about the noise...AGAIN. It’s very frustrating. I have a 2021-4door-manual-badlands-soft top-lux. Placed order April 5, 2021. Picked up January 28, 2022. >30 days & >100 miles after pick up was when I first got in touch with the dealership regarding my concern (the grinding sound). It’s been less than 12 months and less than 10k miles at this point. Defeated is an understatement. What’s your build and situation?

Hey there. I would like to look into your transmission situation on my end. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
jimFish