Choosing Your Tire Size

S

SandboxGeneral

Excellent article with good information to know.

BBNation

Rank IV

Advocate III

Aug 8, 2020
Kentucky, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

I’m going with the Base model but I think the tires look small, especially in comparison to the other models. SAS would solve that but the majority of my driving will be on road and SAS cost is hard to pay for just to get the look I want (I know the upgrade is more than wheels and tires). Not sure what I’m going to do. Probably will have to swallow my pride, accept that I’ll be driving the Bronco on mini tires, and literally ride it out until I need new tires.

Reactions: NHWolverine_12

Roberto

Rank II

Advocate III

Aug 25, 2020
Louisiana, USA
First Name
Heinz
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

Also, once you increase the tire size and perhaps the uplift, your bronco point of gravity becomes higher and also your chances of flipping over on high speeds depending also on your Gross weight, but I know many people don’t care about this.

Garemlin

Rank VI

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

I think I'm going for straight up pizza cutters. Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W's in 255-80/17. 33x10. Hoping I can squeeze that extra inch or half inch, depending on which model I go with, without a lift.

Funny thing is the stock tires on the Big Bend are actually a 1/2" taller than the ones on the Black Diamond.

Cencal Bronco

Rank III

Champion III

Aug 8, 2020
Merced, CA, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
King
Member #

I think I'm going for straight up pizza cutters. Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W's in 255-80/17. 33x10. Hoping I can squeeze that extra inch or half inch, depending on which model I go with, without a lift.

Funny thing is the stock tires on the Big Bend are actually a 1/2" taller than the ones on the Black Diamond.
1/2 inch taller, but less aggressive. I like the rim tire combo on the BD, but don’t want the interior. So I am trying to decide between BB of BB Squach. I don’t think we can go wrong with choices. They are all going to be awesome.

Rgwinn

Rank VI

Champion III

Jul 20, 2020
Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Gwinn
Member #

You should do a part 2 -“Advanced Tire Selection” unsprung weight, rim size, contact patch (skinny vs wide) tread shape, siping, side wall construction, etc

thanks for doing the write up !

Reidski29

Rank II

Advocate III

Jul 6, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
First Name
Reid
Last Name
Kruszewski

That's my plan to get some 33's on either an OB or even a half inch larger on the BL as it does have a half inch wider rim.