Choosing Your Tire Size

allan
Sep 01, 2020

Rank V

Sep 01, 2020

A helpful breakdown for understanding the implications of each tire size choice for the new Bronco. Have you decided on what tire size you are going with?

https://community.thebronconation.com/blog/
Rgwinn, Bsooudi
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 01, 2020

Rank V

Sep 01, 2020

Looks like I will be riding on LT285/70 R17s. Cool article :)
SandboxGeneral

Sep 01, 2020

Excellent article with good information to know.

Rank IV

Sep 01, 2020

I’m going with the Base model but I think the tires look small, especially in comparison to the other models. SAS would solve that but the majority of my driving will be on road and SAS cost is hard to pay for just to get the look I want (I know the upgrade is more than wheels and tires). Not sure what I’m going to do. Probably will have to swallow my pride, accept that I’ll be driving the Bronco on mini tires, and literally ride it out until I need new tires.
NHWolverine_12

Rank V

Sep 02, 2020

I run 35s on all of my off-road vehicles. Sticking with them.
Badlands / 4-Door / Anit-Matter Blue / 2.7 / MGV / High Package / Sasquatch Package

Rank II

Sep 02, 2020

Also, once you increase the tire size and perhaps the uplift, your bronco point of gravity becomes higher and also your chances of flipping over on high speeds depending also on your Gross weight, but I know many people don’t care about this.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Sep 02, 2020

32s KOs summer Blizzaks winter

Standing Grumpy Face

Sep 02, 2020

Here is a great resource for comparing tire sizes as well as the effects it will have on your speedo.

Tire Size Calculator
Bronco V-8

Standing Grumpy Face

Sep 02, 2020

I think I'm going for straight up pizza cutters. Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W's in 255-80/17. 33x10. Hoping I can squeeze that extra inch or half inch, depending on which model I go with, without a lift.

Funny thing is the stock tires on the Big Bend are actually a 1/2" taller than the ones on the Black Diamond.
Rgwinn, Cencal Bronco

Rank IV

Sep 03, 2020

I think I'm going for straight up pizza cutters. Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W's in 255-80/17. 33x10. Hoping I can squeeze that extra inch or half inch, depending on which model I go with, without a lift.

Funny thing is the stock tires on the Big Bend are actually a 1/2" taller than the ones on the Black Diamond.

1/2 inch taller, but less aggressive. I like the rim tire combo on the BD, but don’t want the interior. So I am trying to decide between BB of BB Squach. I don’t think we can go wrong with choices. They are all going to be awesome.

Rank VI

Sep 03, 2020

Great info!

Rank VI

Sep 03, 2020

You should do a part 2 -“Advanced Tire Selection” unsprung weight, rim size, contact patch (skinny vs wide) tread shape, siping, side wall construction, etc

thanks for doing the write up !
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red

Rank II

Sep 03, 2020

That's my plan to get some 33's on either an OB or even a half inch larger on the BL as it does have a half inch wider rim.