Chip Shortage issue?

Mblmr_chick
May 12, 2021

Rank 0

May 12, 2021

So per my dealer, my baby Bronco was completed on April 21 but no idea on delivery in sight. My boss asked me today if the vehicle may be done but no chips to finish completely. Any ideas on if this may be a problem or is it just a month or more for transport?

(Heads up, I'm not quite sold on my sales guy. It's been an interesting ride since my order and he offered me a similar but not what I ordered unit recently.)
Dogula, Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2021

Libations MOD

May 12, 2021

So per my dealer, my baby Bronco was completed on April 21 but no idea on delivery in sight. My boss asked me today if the vehicle may be done but no chips to finish completely. Any ideas on if this may be a problem or is it just a month or more for transport?

(Heads up, I'm not quite sold on my sales guy. It's been an interesting ride since my order and he offered me a similar but not what I ordered unit recently.)
trucking can take 2-3 weeks depending on distance
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Mblmr_chick, Commodore

Rank V

May 13, 2021

irritating situation...
Hopefully its closer to the dealership than they know?!!

Rank V

May 13, 2021

Dealerships are told when units are complete but are not given line-by-line tracking updates. Shipping often takes longer than the production time. I’m a salesman and I’ve seen units take two months from the time it’s done on the assembly line. Unfortunately it’s not like Amazon tracking updates. The package is so large it costs a lot to move the vehicle so they usually wait for enough inventory allocated for that region to be prepped, otherwise it’s a waste of resources. Plus it’s common to do extended testing for quality control procedures at the factory. I wouldn’t get mad at the salesman because trust me, they don’t know any more than you do once it leaves the production line.
Mountainwiitch

Rank VI

May 13, 2021

Dealerships are told when units are complete but are not given line-by-line tracking updates. Shipping often takes longer than the production time. I’m a salesman and I’ve seen units take two months from the time it’s done on the assembly line. Unfortunately it’s not like Amazon tracking updates. The package is so large it costs a lot to move the vehicle so they usually wait for enough inventory allocated for that region to be prepped, otherwise it’s a waste of resources. Plus it’s common to do extended testing for quality control procedures at the factory. I wouldn’t get mad at the salesman because trust me, they don’t know any more than you do once it leaves the production line.
I wish I could just pick mine up from the factory and I'd drive it home lol
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
glamosaurus

Rank 0

May 13, 2021

I wouldn't say that I'm concerned with him not knowing the delivery, but some other things that have been a bit questionable in regards to communicating honestly and then the weird offer for a different vehicle than I had originally ordered.

Rank I

May 13, 2021

Don't forget, your vehicle is built in Mexico. So it might take longer.

Rank I

Jun 27, 2021

Has it been delivered yet? How long did it take?

Rank 0

Jun 27, 2021

Has it been delivered yet? How long did it take?
I got her in Mid May. I'm loving her so far! I'm not going to lie, I followed her on transport so I knew when she had been delivered. The baby Bronco was worth the wait, but I wish the process had not been so frustrating.
Mountainwiitch