Water in drivers side door - faulty windshield seal - TSB #21-2403

EvlNvrDys
Nov 13, 2021

Rank VI

Nov 13, 2021

I also took a video but can't seem to find a place to upload it. Everything was closed, door, window, soft top. Going to call dealer tomorrow, but I have no clue how it got in there. Seal at window looks fine.

Update (12/7/21):
We have an answer. Tech informed me that Ford is aware of the water leak problem. No fix for it yet as parts aren't available. Won't have parts for at least a few weeks. Which I can live with, hell I've made it a month and the leak isn't that bad, just needs to be fixed. He told me it's a tech service bulletin #21-2403. So once it gets fixed I'll respond with any new information.

Update #2:
Anyways, looks like it is the header seal (across top of windshield) that Ford is saying the issue. Not sure how that directly relates to water in my door :rolleyes:

I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when they get parts in and do the repair.

20211112_150306.jpg
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Broncofly, Graydog

Formerly True

Nov 13, 2021

I wonder what it could be. Hopefully nothing too bad.

Life is a Highway

Nov 13, 2021

Check the drain holes at the bottom of the door. Might have some debris blocking them
BuckYeah

Rank VI

Nov 13, 2021

It’s not unusual to get water inside the door.
The glass-to-door seal is not perfect, and water can leak past it. It’s supposed to drain out of holes in the bottom of the door.
Jalgieri, BuckYeah

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Nov 13, 2021

That's odd. It looks like the water is coming out from behind the inner door panel. The only way I can imagine water getting back there is if it were forced, like from a power washing nozzle.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Rydfree, EvlNvrDys

Life is a Highway

Nov 13, 2021

That's odd. It looks like the water is coming out from behind the inner door panel. The only way I can imagine water getting back there is if it were forced, like from a power washing nozzle.
I thought the same thing. That why I commented about checking to see if the weep holes at the bottom were plugged. I have seen this issue before but on a brand new car?
LR48, BuckYeah

Life is a Highway

Nov 13, 2021

I wonder if it was a dirt mountain member?

Nov 13, 2021

Right? I’m curious to hear what the dealer finds. I’m going to monitor this thread.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Rank V

Nov 13, 2021

It might very possibly have to do with the overall weatherstripping quality (or lack thereof). My 2DR black diamond is awaiting new door and top seals from the factory because it’s leaking and too much wind noise is coming in. For someone who commutes 12 hours/ week on the highway, it’s been less than pleasant. I need to call my service dept back eventually because I noticed water coming in through the sides of the MIC after washing it. The seals everywhere are horrible.
Sdakotabronco, SlashRacer

Rank I

Nov 13, 2021

Our 2 door has done this since day one. Not a dirt mountain unit. I just figured it was meant to do that but was unsure why it only drains when you open the door, unless it cannot fully drain without door open.
EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Nov 13, 2021

I'll try to respond to all in this post.

No, not dirt mountain.
Door seals look fine.
No pressure washer, this was just from rain while I was at work.
Lastly, I can see some water getting in there, but....
1. This was only door with water.
2. Water was really coming out, more than just a little.
3. There is a window motor and electronic door locks that I probably don't want soaked, plus whatever metal parts inside door

I'll let everyone know what dealer says and also if any resolution arises.
Bronco 202?, BroncoPA65

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Nov 13, 2021

No, not dirt mountain.
Door seals look fine.
3. There is a window motor and electronic door locks that I probably don't want soaked, plus whatever metal parts inside door

I've taken many door panels off over the years that I owned a custom accessory shop and it is common to find water inside the bottom . As others have said , it should be minor and drain out the lower weep holes . I have installed power windows on many a vehicle back in the day before they were a common factory item . Normally any water that leaks past the lower window seal will be directed toward the bottom of the door and away from the inner door panel by the window extending well below the top of the door and acting as a diverter. I wonder how far down past the top of the door the glass actually extends on the Bronco . Was your Bronco perhaps parked leaning to one side which could have made the issue worse ? Definitely waiting to hear what the service dept finds in this case .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Bronco 202?, EvlNvrDys

Rank II

Nov 13, 2021

No, not dirt mountain.
Door seals look fine.

OY! There's no "good" reason for this to happen on a brand new sixty thousand dollar truck. Make them fix it!
EvlNvrDys, BuckYeah

Nov 13, 2021

Fortunately for me, it rarely rains here in Seattle.
TangerineScream, Deepshag

Rank VI

Nov 13, 2021

I've taken many door panels off over the years that I owned a custom accessory shop and it is common to find water inside the bottom . As others have said , it should be minor and drain out the lower weep holes . I have installed power windows on many a vehicle back in the day before they were a common factory item . Normally any water that leaks past the lower window seal will be directed toward the bottom of the door and away from the inner door panel by the window extending well below the top of the door and acting as a diverter. I wonder how far down past the top of the door the glass actually extends on the Bronco . Was your Bronco perhaps parked leaning to one side which could have made the issue worse ? Definitely waiting to hear what the service dept finds in this case .

Parked on a flat surface.
I agree some water would seem typical. But this water was pouring out, more so than I would consider acceptable.

I'm going to call dealership today, but probably won't get it in to have it looked at for a week or two. And I'll monitor as we are expecting more rain in the coming days

I'll let you know what I find out.
Baus67, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Nov 13, 2021

Parked on a flat surface.
I agree some water would seem typical. But this water was pouring out, more so than I would consider acceptable.

I'm going to call dealership today, but probably won't get it in to have it looked at for a week or two. And I'll monitor as we are expecting more rain in the coming days

I'll let you know what I find out.
You're much more forgiving than me... To me, no water inside the truck is acceptable and I'm pretty sure it's not going to get better over time. Don't let them yank your chain. If your windows are closed, you're supposed to be able to park your truck in the rain. Make them fix it!
Bronco 202?, EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Nov 13, 2021

You're much more forgiving than me... To me, no water inside the truck is acceptable and I'm pretty sure it's not going to get better over time. Don't let them yank your chain. If your windows are closed, you're supposed to be able to park your truck in the rain. Make them fix it!
Going in next Saturday for them to investigate. We'll see what they come up with, because I couldn't figure out where it got in.
Baus67, Barearav

Rank V

Nov 15, 2021

I also took a video but can't seem to find a place to upload it. Everything was closed, door, window, soft top. Going to call dealer tomorrow, but I have no clue how it got in there. Seal at window looks fine.

View attachment 21872
Hello! Send us a private message with your Bronco's VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this issue. Thanks!
IL21Bronco, OKSTATE1010

Rank V

Nov 15, 2021

After it's "fixed", take it through a car wash, one with lots of high pressure water jets. Film it from the inside, with close attention paid to all the seals (door, windows, top, etc). Once it's exited, open all the doors and inspect everything. Any water inside anywhere, take it back to the dealer.
EvlNvrDys, Barearav

Rank VI

Nov 16, 2021

After it's "fixed", take it through a car wash, one with lots of high pressure water jets. Film it from the inside, with close attention paid to all the seals (door, windows, top, etc). Once it's exited, open all the doors and inspect everything. Any water inside anywhere, take it back to the dealer.
Luckily no water has been inside... Except for inside the door itself. But still that much shouldn't be in there, hell I haven't seen anyone else who has had any water in their doors. But I'll definitely test it out after they do whatever they do.
Baus67, Deano Bronc