No Sugar coating please.

Susie Coluzzi
Nov 06, 2021

Rank II

Nov 06, 2021

So, I just ordered my 22 OBX from the dealer on November 3rd 2021.They said it wouldn’t be until 5/22 or so when I would see it but another salesman ( when the other guy went to get a question answered walked away)told me when he was trying to sell me the same vehicle different color on site with a 40k markup that I won’t see my order until end of 2023 and I should just get this one blah blah blah. What do you all think? They also sent 4 different guys over to talk to me.
I can wait no problem. Just wondering if you really think it will be 2023.
Car salesmen… remind me of guy that wears old spice and really bad suits with a big gold nugget hanging from a chain around their neck.
Rgwinn, Gunninja1
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 06, 2021

Rank III

Nov 06, 2021

I don’t know what to think. I went in on 10/22/21 and told them I wanted to place an order. There was no need to convince me at all. That’s what I was there for. The guy asked if I was ok waiting approx. 16 weeks. I was surprised. Then later the guy entering the order told me he expects to call me in Jan/feb to come pick it up. Keep in mind they didn’t need to sell me anything. I’m sure it was the easiest money they’ve made all year. I still don’t believe it though. I hear all the other people talk about 2023 and it’s hard to think mine will get made in 4 months. I say all this to say this…who knows?!? Maybe yes, maybe no. It does sound sh*tty trying to up sale you. For their dealership they may be out to 23. For you, and the rest of the group, I hope no one waits that long.
Susie Coluzzi

Rank II

Nov 06, 2021

I don't think that you will find a definitive answer to this anywhere, thus our weekly drinking game on Thursdays. Dealers don't know. Not even Ford themselves can make any promises about it due to a myriad of variables in the situation. If a dealer is telling you 2023, it's likely due to options like hard tops on your order. I've hear similar time frames, but we're not being told if that's worst or best case scenario due to uncertainty of that particular option's availability in the coming months. My dealer is really straight-forward, and I know that because despite his constantly asking Ford for answers he isn't getting any, and he's not telling me that he knows any better than anyone else what's going to happen over the next year. To date, his dealership has only been able to fill two of their 2021 reservations due to them all being hard tops, squatches, 2.7L etc. He's expressed frustration that despite the fact that he's had people waiting over a year for their builds, they are getting in a couple of stock Broncos in the next month or so (assuming nothing changes) because they have soft tops and little in the way creature comforts.

If my example helps at all: I have a deposit on one of the ones he has coming in (BB, soft-top, standard - scheduled build 11/29) and placed a build order on an OBX (2.7L, mid, MIC, towing) on the 10/13. I received a confirmation of order on my build a little less than two weeks after I placed the order, but have heard nothing since and still have no scheduled build date. I switched my build about a week ago to 2.3L and soft top minus the towing to see if I'd hear anything back this week when scheduling updated (typically on Thursdays), and still got nothing. Ordering these things feels a lot more like playing the lottery than anything else atm, and I think most others on the board would agree with that assessment.
"Lucille": '22 OBX | HPR | 2.3 | Softie - 2022.1.24
LR48, Labronoco

Life is a Highway

Nov 06, 2021

Plan on 2023 and if it gets pulled sooner that is a huge bonus. I reserved October 2020 and converted end of January 2021. Based on reservations I always figured 2022. Just resubmitted last month for a MY22. I fully anticipate it now being sometime in 2023. All depends on trim level, parts availability, dealership allocations and if you had one a reservation. Reservations not so much, because they skip those all the time. Good luck
LR48, Bronc96

Rank II

Nov 06, 2021

I don't think that you will find a definitive answer to this anywhere, thus our weekly drinking game on Thursdays. Dealers don't know. Not even Ford themselves can make any promises about it due to a myriad of variables in the situation. If a dealer is telling you 2023, it's likely due to options like hard tops on your order. I've hear similar time frames, but we're not being told if that's worst or best case scenario due to uncertainty of that particular option's availability in the coming months. My dealer is really straight-forward, and I know that because despite his constantly asking Ford for answers he isn't getting any, and he's not telling me that he knows any better than anyone else what's going to happen over the next year. To date, his dealership has only been able to fill two of their 2021 reservations due to them all being hard tops, squatches, 2.7L etc. He's expressed frustration that despite the fact that he's had people waiting over a year for their builds, they are getting in a couple of stock Broncos in the next month or so (assuming nothing changes) because they have soft tops and little in the way creature comforts.

If my example helps at all: I have a deposit on one of the ones he has coming in (BB, soft-top, standard - scheduled build 11/29) and placed a build order on an OBX (2.7L, mid, MIC, towing) on the 10/13. I received a confirmation of order on my build a little less than two weeks after I placed the order, but have heard nothing since and still have no scheduled build date. I switched my build about a week ago to 2.3L and soft top minus the towing to see if I'd hear anything back this week when scheduling updated (typically on Thursdays), and still got nothing. Ordering these things feels a lot more like playing the lottery than anything else atm, and I think most others on the board would agree with that assessment.
Thank you so much for your explanation. The dealer has been pretty nice to me and left me a nice message saying they won’t charge me over MSRP over my order.
I just got the 2021 Mercedes GLE 350 so I am buying this car as a surprise for my husband because he had a a Bronco in High school and when we were first married we had to sell it to pay the bills!! This time around I’m not financing it so I don’t want any MSRPmarkup just my pretty Bronco delivered. I’ll play the waiting game.
Bronc96, Reformed Wrangler

Rank II

Nov 06, 2021

Plan on 2023 and if it gets pulled sooner that is a huge bonus. I reserved October 2020 and converted end of January 2021. Based on reservations I always figured 2022. Just resubmitted last month for a MY22. I fully anticipate it now being sometime in 2023. All depends on trim level, parts availability, dealership allocations and if you had one a reservation. Reservations not so much, because they skip those all the time. Good luck
Thank you for your response. Everybody has been so kind on this forum. You’re right it’s better to just plan on the future date than be disappointed . I never did the reservation thing, just went straight to the Order.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Nov 06, 2021

I don’t know what to think. I went in on 10/22/21 and told them I wanted to place an order. There was no need to convince me at all. That’s what I was there for. The guy asked if I was ok waiting approx. 16 weeks. I was surprised. Then later the guy entering the order told me he expects to call me in Jan/feb to come pick it up. Keep in mind they didn’t need to sell me anything. I’m sure it was the easiest money they’ve made all year. I still don’t believe it though. I hear all the other people talk about 2023 and it’s hard to think mine will get made in 4 months. I say all this to say this…who knows?!? Maybe yes, maybe no. It does sound sh*tty trying to up sale you. For their dealership they may be out to 23. For you, and the rest of the group, I hope no one waits that long.
Which one did you end up ordering?

Rank III

Nov 06, 2021

Which one did you end up ordering?

2 dr outer, sass, lux, tow kit, they only come hard topped. I think I got basically everything I could get that is going to push out my build. Luckily I have this group to live through until it’s my time.
Susie Coluzzi

Life is a Highway

Nov 06, 2021

Thank you for your response. Everybody has been so kind on this forum. You’re right it’s better to just plan on the future date than be disappointed . I never did the reservation thing, just went straight to the Order.
That will make you a shoo in for a build email next week! :ROFLMAO:
Susie Coluzzi

Rank I

Nov 06, 2021

So, I just ordered my 22 OBX from the dealer on November 3rd 2021.They said it wouldn’t be until 5/22 or so when I would see it but another salesman ( when the other guy went to get a question answered walked away)told me when he was trying to sell me the same vehicle different color on site with a 40k markup that I won’t see my order until end of 2023 and I should just get this one blah blah blah. What do you all think? They also sent 4 different guys over to talk to me.
Car salesmen… remind me of guy that wears old spice and really bad suits with a big gold nugget hanging from a chain around their neck.

A lot depends on your Build config - but def wait for order - no ADM -
If soft top you could be scheduled in weeks - otherwise could be months, or year or more -
From your dealer get a copy of your 'Build Sheet' - aka 'Order Preview' - aka 'DORA' -
Make sure you have 'Priority Code' between 10 to 19 - see listed near top of Build Sheet - this # is set by your dealer -
Bronco 202?, Susie Coluzzi

Gladesmen

Nov 06, 2021

Sound like salesmen being salesmen they want you to spend an extra 40K now so they can line their pockets. I bet you will get your Bronco before 2023. There were lots of folks that were late orders that went soft top that are driving theirs right now. I’d wait
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
LR48, Susie Coluzzi

Rank II

Nov 06, 2021

2 dr outer, sass, lux, tow kit, they only come hard topped. I think I got basically everything I could get that is going to push out my build. Luckily I have this group to live through until it’s my time.
I think we basically ordered the same
Vehicle. I didn’t do the tow package though. What color did you order?

Rank II

Nov 06, 2021

That will make you a shoo in for a build email next week! :ROFLMAO:
my crystal ball says “not likely”
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank III

Nov 06, 2021

Cyber orange and the roast interior. Ohhh, I’m so excited to get it!!!
Susie Coluzzi

Rank III

Nov 06, 2021

Cyber orange and the roast interior. Ohhh, I’m so excited to get it!!!

How about you?

Rank II

Nov 06, 2021

How about you?
Eruption Green with the roast interior!
LR48

Rank III

Nov 06, 2021

Yeah I wouldn't believe that, I work for a Ford dealer in my area and we have been getting quite a few more allocation units than we expected. Your extras like the tow package will push it back, but not until the end of 2023. I know every dealership is different based on volume of sales but 2023 just doesn't make sense to me.
LR48, BroncoFred

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Nov 06, 2021

Whats wrong with Old Spice?
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Nov 06, 2021

Thank you so much for your explanation. The dealer has been pretty nice to me and left me a nice message saying they won’t charge me over MSRP over my order.
I just got the 2021 Mercedes GLE 350 so I am buying this car as a surprise for my husband because he had a a Bronco in High school and when we were first married we had to sell it to pay the bills!! This time around I’m not financing it so I don’t want any MSRPmarkup just my pretty Bronco delivered. I’ll play the waiting game.
When it comes time to pick up your bronco you will be extremely disappointed if you have not already gotten a price in writing from the dealer with someone signature on it and yours good luck.

Rank II

Nov 06, 2021

Whats wrong with Old Spice?
Lol! Old spice is a no go! Chevy men wear old spice!
LR48, JFord