Mishimoto's Bronco 2.3L Catch Can R&D Thread

Mishimoto
Jan 24, 2022

Rank II

Jan 24, 2022

Hello Bronco Nation!

Nick here from Mishimoto! I just wanted to kick off this thread to fill you guys in on the catch can kit that we've been working on for the 2.3L Broncos! Make sure that you head on over to our Engineering Blog for the full scoop of our development:

TRUE HEART – 2021+ FORD BRONCO 2.3L BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN KIT R&D

The 2.3L EcoBoost nestled under the hood might be two cylinders and one turbo short of the highfalutin 2.7L twin-turbo V6, but this buff four-banger was already good enough to dominate the mid-sized truck market by being the only engine option for the Ranger. The 270 horsepower and mighty 309 ft/lbs of torque matched with the mind-bending off-roading capabilities make this iteration of the Bronco more than qualified to hold that heavy mantle. Unfortunately, as capable as this powerplant is, it still does fall short in other ways, specifically when it comes to engine blow-by and carbon buildup.

For those unfamiliar with the term ‘blow-by,’ make sure that you head over to our full-length technical article for the extended version of what it is and what it does to your engine. The short answer on both of those subjects is that blow-by is the side effect of internal combustion. During the engine’s power stroke, some of the gasses that propel the piston to the bottom of the cylinder will slip past the piston rings, which pressurize the crankcase. That pressure is relieved by recirculating air from the crankcase back through the intake system via the positive crankcase ventilation, or PCV, valve. In theory, it makes perfect sense and mostly works in practice as well...read more...

For those of you already in the market for some added protection against the onslaught of blow-by on your intake components, you're in luck! Our 2.3L Bronco catch can kit is now available for presale! Make sure that you grab yours before this special pricing goes away:

BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN KIT, FITS FORD BRONCO 2.3L 2021+

Don't hesitate to ask any questions that you might have!

-Nick
Speed Devil, Micahman
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2022

Rank III

Jan 25, 2022

Do you have installation instructions available to view yet?

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jan 25, 2022

If I didn't have UPR, I'd of gotten this.

Any updates on the intercooler, are there Chargepipes in the works?
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics

Rank II

Jan 27, 2022

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump up this thread with a quick update!

We just dropped off the components for our first batch of kits at our warehouse next door. Yes, you heard that correctly. Thanks to the equipment we have on hand, plus the meticulous skills of our lead fabricator, we were able to manufacture the first batch of these kits right here in the R&D facility.

What does that mean for you? That means we're going to start shipping these kits out as soon as next week!

Still haven't taken advantage of our discounted presale? No sweat! We're going to continue our introductory pricing for now. Also, due to the high demand for this kit, we already started working on the second batch of kits in order to keep up. For a quick peek behind the curtain, where's a look at the second batch of brackets in process over the last few days:

Also, I just wanted to note that due to the way our system works, you may receive another automated backorder email with the estimated 8-10 delivery. Nothing to worry about! We have them in stock and will be shipping ASAP. If you DO get a backorder email without a shipping notification then we made it to the last of our first batch, and your order will ship with the second batch of kits.

Thanks guys! Let me know if you have any questions!

-Nick
Hobgoblin

Rank II

Jan 27, 2022

Do you have installation instructions available to view yet?

Yessir! Check under the 'Tech Specs' section on the product page

If I didn't have UPR, I'd of gotten this.

Any updates on the intercooler, are there Chargepipes in the works?

Our intercooler is still in the works! We're working on some design changes for the best performance, so I'll keep you posted once we have something locked in!

And, yep, charge pipes are on the list!

-Nick
Speed Devil

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jan 27, 2022

Our intercooler is still in the works! We're working on some design changes for the best performance, so I'll keep you posted once we have something locked in!

And, yep, charge pipes are on the list!

-Nick

Glad I waited, surprised Whipple didn't offer pipes, thats a yuge part of the equation. I can wait for you guys to perfect it, just glad that pipes are included
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics