Aux Switches - what’s your plan?

Bschurr
Jan 31, 2021

No Ragerts

Jan 31, 2021

As we know, the Badlands comes with a handful of auxiliary switches available for customization. What’s your plan?

I am thinking:
- front light bar
- rear light (options TBD)
- dash cam

Also, can anyone confirm that Ford will be including a box under the hood that is already set up with relays etc for the wiring or does everything need to be run right to the actual switches?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Cooknn
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2021

As we know, the Badlands comes with a handful of auxiliary switches available for customization. What’s your plan?

I am thinking:
- front light bar
- rear light (options TBD)
- dash cam

Also, can anyone confirm that Ford will be including a box under the hood that is already set up with relays etc for the wiring or does everything need to be run right to the actual switches?
This was my understanding, not sure we have confirmed yet though. Maybe someone else has confirmed if I missed.

My plan:
  • Light pods on mirrors
  • Poss light bar on bumper or pods if I go with the push bar and/or winch
  • Rear lighting (factory back up lights are worthless off-road)
  • Winch
  • Air compressor (hopefully can find the space)
  • Room for one more item...kegerator?? Lol...probably be for CB or GMRS radio. :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Shadowblade, PSUTE

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2021

Thanks for this thread! I ordered the auxiliary switches for my OBX not really knowing how I would assign various functions :giggle:
srick76

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2021

Thanks for this thread! I ordered the auxiliary switches for my OBX not really knowing how I would assign various functions :giggle:
Good call! Even if you don't use them right away, they are easily worth the minimal cost as will make adding future equip so much easier. (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
CliffCo, P.R. Kid

No Ragerts

Jan 31, 2021

This was my understanding, not sure we have confirmed yet though. Maybe someone else has confirmed if I missed.

My plan:
  • kegerator??
Good call - gotta leave a spot for the kegerator!
Thanks!
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
PSUTE, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2021

Yes, everything I’ve seen shows a wiring harness under the hood just outside the firewall. This will make adding anything electrical a breeze. Switches 1&2 are supposed to be rated to 15amp, 3&4 rated to 10amp, and 5&6 rated to 5amp. I’ll definitely be having front and rear pod lights, and may think about an additional interior light and maybe a light under the hood in case of evening engine work. I plan to add a compressor, and maybe a winch. Both of these would simply a power signal to the relay as both require a lot of amps and would be wired directly to the battery.
BuzzyBud, Cooknn

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 31, 2021

Winch light
Trailer hitch light
Aux lights
and one labeled
Ejector Seat
tracythemighty, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2021

1612110163566.png
tracythemighty, Gutter Clown

Rank III

Jan 31, 2021

G.O.A.T. off switch to terminate all the nannies... for a 2WD HI rear locked donut machine.
ATC Enthusiast, Bschurr

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2021

Winch light
Trailer hitch light
Aux lights
and one labeled
Ejector Seat
Oh yes, I'm definitely going for the ejecto seat.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
SlashRacer, Bschurr

Rank V

Jan 31, 2021

Fog lights
Driving lights
Rear lights
Flux Capacitor
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
tracythemighty, Bschurr

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2021

Fog lights
Driving lights
Rear lights
Flux Capacitor
Old Doc Brown would be proud...classic! :ROFLMAO:
tracythemighty, Bschurr

Life is a Highway

Jan 31, 2021

Anybody installing hydraulics?
1612132864492.jpeg
rwb, PSUTE

Rank V

Feb 01, 2021

1 - 40" Teralume Light Bar (roof)
2 - 8½" Teralume ICON Spots (bumper)
3 - 6" KC Gravity Pro6 Driving Lights (mirror mount)
4 - Amber Fog Lights (front bumper) / Red Fog Light (rear bumper)
5 - KC Cyclone Rock Lights
6 - 6" KC Gravity Pro6 SAE/ECE Driving Beam (bumper)

I was thinking of using an Aux switch for my On-Board Air but it has a
power switch/pressure gauge that I'll mount to the dash someplace.
BuzzyBud, Deano Bronc

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 01, 2021

Train horn :giggle:
rwb, Tuletime

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 01, 2021

Yes, everything I’ve seen shows a wiring harness under the hood just outside the firewall. This will make adding anything electrical a breeze. Switches 1&2 are supposed to be rated to 15amp, 3&4 rated to 10amp, and 5&6 rated to 5amp. I’ll definitely be having front and rear pod lights, and may think about an additional interior light and maybe a light under the hood in case of evening engine work. I plan to add a compressor, and maybe a winch. Both of these would simply a power signal to the relay as both require a lot of amps and would be wired directly to the battery.
Is there a way to change the amps that each switch can handle? If you needed more 15amp switches than just 2, can you switch some of the others to 15amps? Is it as simple as changing a fuse?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 01, 2021

D264B65B-E265-4B12-9539-42149E22E139.jpeg

Minus the telephone of course since we have cell phones:unsure:
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
Shadowblade, ATC Enthusiast

Rank VI

Feb 01, 2021

Is there a way to change the amps that each switch can handle? If you needed more 15amp switches than just 2, can you switch some of the others to 15amps? Is it as simple as changing a fuse?
Put in a relay.
I wouldn't switch more than an amp or so without a relay anyway - it will end up wrecking the switch after awhile.
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 01, 2021

View attachment 8463

Minus the telephone of course since we have cell phones:unsure:
They had this car at "Spyscape" in NYC a few years ago. Lots of fun to see it, and such a beautiful car.
IMG_6193.jpgIMG_6195.jpg
Bschurr, IL21Bronco

No Ragerts

Feb 01, 2021

Train horn :giggle:
Got a good spot for the tank & compressor? I always wanted one of those! The YouTube videos unleashing the noise on unsuspecting people are hilarious & bring out the real child in me!
Deano Bronc