My dealer says they dont have the ability to place an order?

Mountain Mike
Jan 22, 2021

Rank 0

Jan 22, 2021

I called my dealer yesterday at 6 PM and he said they cant place an order yet. Other people on here have placed orders . What's the deal??
Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 22, 2021

I called my dealer yesterday at 6 PM and he said they cant place an order yet. Other people on here have placed orders . What's the deal??
This seems off, quite a few have placed their orders already. I am holding off for a bit but my dealer has reached out to set an appointment.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 22, 2021

Some dealers are having problems, including mine. Apparently my reservation was switched to an order, but they don't have access to any of the selections yet.

Rank IV

Jan 22, 2021

My dealer texted me. Asking if a manager can call to go over my order. I can't even think about ordering after hearing green being offered.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 22, 2021

My dealer told me they only tell Ford I still intend on buying and then the actual orders open March 20th. Needless to say, I am changing dealerships.
Badlands / 4-Door / Anit-Matter Blue / 2.7 / MGV / High Package / Sasquatch Package
Rhiostatic, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Jan 23, 2021

I just so confused. My dealer just tells me the ordering window is not open. Im dealing with a tiny dealership with 12 reservations including mine. Does anyone have any advice on a way I can help my dealership figure this out? Who should they call or check with? Im thinking they just dont know how to do it.

Rank 0

Jan 26, 2021

I just so confused. My dealer just tells me the ordering window is not open. Im dealing with a tiny dealership with 12 reservations including mine. Does anyone have any advice on a way I can help my dealership figure this out? Who should they call or check with? Im thinking they just dont know how to do it.
FMC had training for dealerships a week or so before ordering opened. It is where they normally go to order vehicles. I’d talk to someone else at the dealership.

Rank IV

Jan 29, 2021

Some dealers are having problems, including mine. Apparently my reservation was switched to an order, but they don't have access to any of the selections yet.

I had similar issues -
I went Monday to convert my Wildtrak reservation to an order, and mostly everything went fine - it's a sales guy me/my family has used for years, so knew what to expect there. It took 20 minutes for the system to actually convert my reservation to an order, and then upon getting into the system, it didn't even have Lux (or high) package available to order - it's not a late availability thing, as the black painted hardtop was in there. I was sitting there with him doing it, so I can verify he's not making anything up. He said they've had issues with the system. Everything else I planned on getting was in there. For now, though, I converted, but without the lux package, and will be following up in a few weeks to ensure that Lux is ordered when it's time to submit.

I'm curious if anyone else had this issue?