BYOD (bring your own device)?

Airwolf
Jan 19, 2021

Rank V

Jan 19, 2021

Any one know what happened to the BYOD accessory Ford hyped up? Not on the accessories list. Would like to have one for radar dector, gopro, hula girl, and cell phone mount. 1611074679486.png
Broncobuster, Shadowblade
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2021

Seems to have disappeared. Comment on another thread - Don't know where o where it went.
Shadowblade, Bronc96

Northwest Bronco

Jan 19, 2021

If you're talking about the rail mount, I believe it's apart of the Lux Package. I'm not sure if it's a stand alone option.
Northwest Bronco Channel

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2021

Nope, Not in the Lux Pkg on the B & P tool.
Shadowblade

Northwest Bronco

Jan 19, 2021

Hmmmm weird. No clue.
Northwest Bronco Channel

Rank V

Jan 19, 2021

Need some BN staff to look into it!
Shadowblade, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2021

Need some BN staff to look into it!

I do hope we learn more about the Picatinny Rail and whether or not it will be part of the MY21 Bronco. @David may be able to help us.
Realizing several aspects of the Bronco reveal may have fallen off the roller coaster ride to delivery, I have planned for an alternative GoPro mount. In the link below is a mount I may attach via a Bronco Bolt up high or down low. The idea was to develop an alternative to the Picatinny Rail and also to capture video in case the Trail Cam concept was delayed until MY22.
Amazon.com: MyPilotPro Off Road Vehicle Mount for GoPro
Airwolf, Shadowblade

Rank 0

Jan 19, 2021

I was also wondering about this. It seems to have been talked about a lot, but maybe it's one of those items where the demand far out weighed the supply due to Covid?
Shadowblade, Bronc96

Rank V

Jan 19, 2021

I was also wondering about this. It seems to have been talked about a lot, but maybe it's one of those items where the demand far out weighed the supply due to Covid?
maybe it put the vehicle over the GVWR like the paint protection film :cool:
Two Door - Badlands - Eruption Green - Sasquatch- Lux
BrianBell66, vintage

Rank VI

Jan 20, 2021

I too am wondering about this as I wanted for a potential radio mount. There has been some speculation that could of been nixed for crash safety but that has not been confirmed to my knowledge. I hold out hope, but either way we will get it...if not from Ford then I am positive an AM vendor will bring it to market. :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
DeepCreek, Shadowblade

Rank VI

Jan 20, 2021

I have heard nothing about it in recent months. It’s one of my most anticipated accessories to add. I believe it will be very easy to add after the fact using bolts/locations that are already on the dash.
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir
"The mountains are calling, and I must go..." - John Muir
BN #0120
Gutter Clown, Bronc96

Gladesmen

Jan 20, 2021

I will have one even if I have to get someone to 3D print it for me. I dunno what I’m going to put on it. But I think it is cool as hell. Maybe it’s a place to store a flashlight and GoPro
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
RedCo, Padams7

Rank VI

Jan 20, 2021

I will have one even if I have to get someone to 3D print it for me. I dunno what I’m going to put on it. But I think it is cool as hell. Maybe it’s a place to store a flashlight and GoPro
It is witched cool! I already have all the picatinny rail attachments ready for my GoPro, iPhone and GMRS radio.
Bronc96, Jakob1972

Rank 0

Jan 23, 2021

I would think the noon-day sun would put some serious heat on that thing and anything attached to it. Plastic might not withstand that without wilting, and aluminum might cause your expensive phone or camera to fry... might not be as practical as we all hope.

Rank V

Jan 23, 2021

I would think the noon-day sun would put some serious heat on that thing and anything attached to it. Plastic might not withstand that without wilting, and aluminum might cause your expensive phone or camera to fry... might not be as practical as we all hope.
Not a bad point... I usually throw some pop up window shades in my car in the summer but might be a pain to get those around this especially if you have stuff mounted to it.