Bronco Nation Live with an Oxford White 2-Door Badlands

David
Jan 07, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 07, 2021

So @jparker was out capturing some content for y'all and was able to do an Instagram Live Q&A with a Bronco. For those who missed it, we're posting it here. It's an hour of Bronco so you might want to grab a snack. Please remember that this is content that is designed for a different platform than the one that I'm posting it to. So, if portrait video irks you then you might want to skip it, jump over to Instagram to see it, or check it out on your phone instead of desktop.

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Silver-Bolt, Rhiostatic
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 07, 2021

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

Ditto on the bull bar, that's the only reason I left it off of my build. And you're probably right, an engineering decision. Unlike the winch mount, they wanted it out of the front camera FOV, and centerline of the grille makes the most sense shooting from the hip aesthetics. Unfortunately, they ended up blatantly covering a key design cue. The smartest design engineers on the planet can be practical morons on stuff like that. Growing up working on cars and seeing stuff like that is what drove me to get an engineering degree so I could "fix" them. Throughout my career I have been able to educate a lot of them and steer a whole bunch of critical decisions in the right direction, but not sure if I've ever successfully "fixed" an engineer.

And no, I do not work for Ford...
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
JFord, Bronc96

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

Not sure if I just missed it before, but first I've heard that the rear side panels/windows CAN be removed from the MIC top! This is a huge plus for me, as my most common backseat passengers will be my 4 legged friends, and they do not like windows. I don't want to take the whole top off just to tote the dogs, and didn't want to wait for the MOD top or get a 4 door. I just think any Bronco or Jeep should have 2 doors and round headlights...
Airwolf

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

I want to see how it is to load 160 lbs of dogs in the back seat of the 2 door. That process is my last hangup on placing an order, other than tow cap. I have a truck that will tow anything but sucks offroad and has no backseat, huge tradeoffs between the 2, I'm just still trying to finalize whether I'm keeping the rock solid tow rig and getting an additional vehicle (bronco) or get one new vehicle (not a bronco) that does pretty good at both and excels at neither. Compromise is hard...
Khayze427, Bronc96

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

Nobody's celebrating the factory exhaust note, but it sounds like it's in there somewhere. I think electric cutouts might have to take one of the accessory switches...
Sorry for all the replies, I'm pausing and commenting as I go...
Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 08, 2021

Not sure if I just missed it before, but first I've heard that the rear side panels/windows CAN be removed from the MIC top! This is a huge plus for me, as my most common backseat passengers will be my 4 legged friends, and they do not like windows. I don't want to take the whole top off just to tote the dogs, and didn't want to wait for the MOD top or get a 4 door. I just think any Bronco or Jeep should have 2 doors and round headlights...
I am pretty sure the windows do not come out on a MIC top? Did they say that on the video?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
JFord

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

I watched the majority but not all, I don't recall hearing this.
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

So @jparker was out capturing some content for y'all and was able to do an Instagram Live Q&A with a Bronco. For those who missed it, we're posting it here. It's an hour of Bronco so you might want to grab a snack. Please remember that this is content that is designed for a different platform than the one that I'm posting it to. So, if portrait video irks you then you might want to skip it, jump over to Instagram to see it, or check it out on your phone instead of desktop.

Great video
For us who have gobbled up every bit of information since July, nothing new here. But very thorough q&a.

I think our big unknowns at this point are the following:

• Velocity blue Bronco (I know somethings coming. BN has made that clear!)
  • Final production materials/photos for Broncos
  • Obx interior color mania needs to be cleared up. B&p can't be trusted
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

damn Daniel... @jparker not holding back his thoughts on some of the questionable elements of the bronco.
[O- 725 -O]
jparker, Vigor

Rank 0

Jan 08, 2021

When was this mentioned??

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

When was this mentioned??
I didn't see that mentioned nor is that correct. You cannot remove the rear windows of the MIC tops.
Bronc96, bdawson24

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

Can a good samaritan draw up a cliff notes esque summary?

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

The questions are like

Q: What's that?
A: Oh it's an engine
Q: show me under the fender flares
A: here you go

No new info. It's more for those who haven't been paying attention. Like they dropped a reservation in July, disappeared, then stumbled across this video
Bronc96, Stereo

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 08, 2021

The questions are like

Q: What's that?
A: Oh it's an engine

No new info. It's more for those who haven't been paying attention. Probably dropped a reservation in July, disappeared, then stumbled across this video
Yeah, I pretty much agree. I believe it was very informative for those that don't live on the forums every day like most of us. I believe it is the first time that I've seen the front roof panel removed while having the roof rails on. Not earth shattering but people can see that it can be done. Had some decent shots of the shoulder, leg and head room in the interior. One of the guys was 6'3" and showed him in the front and rear seats. Good shots of the MGV seats if people haven't seen them before.

All in all, a pretty good non-rehearsed video. (y)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronc96, Stereo

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

Fwiw, my comment from above was referencing the video's candidness. He expressed his dislike for the Goodyear tires, the sound of the 2.7 engine, the lack of tilt in the headrest and a few other things.
TBH, refreshing... but also kind of funny and slightly shocking knowing Ford leant them the vehicle.

Edit: I'm also surprised I spent almost an hour watching some kid walk around a Bronco. I'm in a low place.
[O- 725 -O]
edelmanjustin, wvgbishop

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

Fwiw, my comment from above was referencing the video's candidness. He expressed his dislike for the Goodyear tires, the sound of the 2.7 engine, the lack of tilt in the headrest and a few other things.
TBH, refreshing... but also kind of funny and slightly shocking knowing Ford leant them the vehicle.

Edit: I'm also surprised I spent almost an hour watching some kid walk around a Bronco. I'm in a low place.

Interesting! Yes, I watched every minute.

I also raised an eyebrow over the comment regarding the Goodyear tires. Let us face it, we do not yet have enough information to understand what kind of tire we are potentially buying. I believe the 2021 Ram TRX is using the same Goodyear tires Ford has allocated for the Sasquatch package. It will be interesting to follow any user discussions and independent reviews. Personally, I hope to purchase the stock Badlands BFGs and at a later point switch out to 35s using the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, 35x12.50R17LT.

I did find the video refreshing in a way. Perhaps BN might position themselves as an advocacy group for the Bronco buyer? That would be nice!
Khayze427, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

I thought the 2.7L engine compartment seemed to have adequate space to install an ARB twin air compressor. More specifically when standing in front of the grill the top right-hand corner showed promise. Did anyone else see the same?
Bronc96

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

I thought the 2.7L engine compartment seemed to have adequate space to install an ARB twin air compressor. More specifically when standing in front of the grill the top right-hand corner showed promise. Did anyone else see the same?
Maybe, but I really hope the wiring and hoses get repackaged. It is an absolute mess under the hood. Fingers crossed that the ugliness is due to being a preproduction model.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

I made the comment about the prop rod. Haha, switching to hydraulic struts will be one of my first mods, I can't stand those prop rods.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

I believe it was very informative for those that don't live on the forums every day like most of us.

Yes, please remember that we serve a few very different audiences and try to make content that serves those very different sets of folks.

Forum Participants - Memorized B&P, mostly have reservations, very interested in details that inform buying decisions
YouTube Viewers - Wide range from general car enthusiasts to forum level Bronco experts, Some reservation holders or Bronco curious potential buyers
Facebook - Skews toward...seasoned veterans of life, general car enthusiasts, some forum level experts
Instagram Followers - Younger, aspirational Bronco owners, there to see cool things doing cool stuff
TikTok - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's the wild west over there.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
edelmanjustin, Bandit Bronco