Jeep 4xE production has started. Are we worried?

Commodore
Dec 14, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 14, 2020

I’m not running a promo for Fiat, just reporting what’s up. Damn thing has monster torque and the same ground clearance. Does lack of plug- in hybrid in Bronco matter? Heck, PHEV’s are killin‘ it...now.
BroncoBoy22
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2020

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 14, 2020

I’m not running a promo for Fiat, just reporting what’s up. Damn thing has monster torque and the same ground clearance. Does lack of plug- in hybrid in Bronco matter? Heck, PHEV’s are killin‘ it...now.
It may be a few years, but it will come at some point. I would definitely be up for a plug-in but at that point I will already have my Bronco and I'm not taking the trade-in hit.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
BroncoBoy22

Rank VI

Dec 14, 2020

Nope......that thing will be obsolete before the final payments in. That things build for the Mall-rovers, it’s a PR vehicle.

Yes, no doubt electrification is coming but it’s nowhere close to what it will be in 10+ years, think original iPhone verse something current......and that’s me giving that eJeep way more credit then it deserves. By the time everything is like that.......someone rolling a 2021/22 Bronco will be looked at as cool.......and you can hear them say, “they don’t build them like that anymore”.:ROFLMAO:
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
Commodore, Jakob1972

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Dec 14, 2020

Batteries are for the greenie weenies that don't go in the woods.
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 14, 2020

Batteries are for the greenie weenies that don't go in the woods.
While I agree if it was just a plug-in and not a hybrid, but I think a hybrid would be a great off roader. You would have instant torque right at throttle tip in that a V-8 engine could never do.
The only downside is possibly the extra weight and cost. I think if you ever drove one, you would think differently.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Commodore

Rank VI

Dec 14, 2020

Does lack of plug- in hybrid in Bronco matter?
Zen Master says, "We'll see."
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
BuzzyBud, Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Dec 14, 2020

Whoa...
Glad Dave’s on the job!

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Dec 14, 2020

While I agree if it was just a plug-in and not a hybrid, but I think a hybrid would be a great off roader. You would have instant torque right at throttle tip in that a V-8 engine could never do.
The only downside is possibly the extra weight and cost. I think if you ever drove one, you would think differently.

Not likely.
Until electrics total cost is less than gas I'll never have one. You have to include the cost of charging, battery replacement etc, the inconvenience and a purchase price has to be less than the gas powered equivalent and that will never happen.
Commodore

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Dec 14, 2020

that quote is from
Charlie Wilson's War
Jakob1972, Commodore

Rank VI

Dec 14, 2020

that quote is from
Charlie Wilson's War
So glad someone caught it.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Jakob1972, Commodore

Rank IV

Dec 15, 2020

The F150 hybrid has better horsepower and torque and better mileage with the Hybrid than any other powertrains and it's only a $1900 increase over the non-hybrid 3.5L plus you get the generator function and still can tow. The truck hybrid system isn't a Prius hybrid meant for hypermiling. Electric powertrains have a huge advantage in low end torque.
BroncoBoy22, SKetelaar

Rank VI

Dec 17, 2020

The F150 hybrid has better horsepower and torque and better mileage with the Hybrid than any other powertrains and it's only a $1900 increase over the non-hybrid 3.5L plus you get the generator function and still can tow. The truck hybrid system isn't a Prius hybrid meant for hypermiling. Electric powertrains have a huge advantage in low end torque.
Thanks!
Better put than me... That’s exactly why I want one!
BroncoBoy22