Roof Rack Accessory Locks - Security

Chief1301
Nov 08, 2020

Chief

Nov 08, 2020

Can anyone recommend good Locking Systems to secure accessories to a Roof Rack? I know the Yakima RTT will lock to their rails. But what about securing a hydraulic high lift jack, and recovery boards? ARB hydraulic high lift jacks and Maxtrax boards ain't cheap! Are there locking devices and or straps that are hard to cut? Other than using a short bicycle cable lock? How do you experienced off-roaders secure your expensive gear to a roof rack? Or do you keep it inside the Rig?
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 08, 2020

Standing Grumpy Face

Nov 08, 2020

They make these for the hi lift

Hi-Lift VERS-LK Versatile Locking Knob

Recovery boards may Be a little more difficult to secure. A cable lock may work depending on the type of mount you use. Or possibly something like this if you can find some sort of threaded locking knob.

6B546AF4-B3F5-4A46-BD1A-0BEAFF145975.jpeg

I plan to mount mine on the side of a rack for easier access.

9F6C57B6-0B43-4713-B251-E024452BB7E6.jpeg
Deano Bronc, Chief1301

Rank VI

Nov 08, 2020

One of my go-to sites for gear is etrailer. They are even starting to assemble gear for 2021 Bronco.

https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=Rack+Specific+Locks
Deano Bronc, Chief1301

Chief

Nov 09, 2020

They make these for the hi lift

Hi-Lift VERS-LK Versatile Locking Knob

Recovery boards may Be a little more difficult to secure. A cable lock may work depending on the type of mount you use. Or possibly something like this if you can find some sort of threaded locking knob.

View attachment 5438

I plan to mount mine on the side of a rack for easier access.

View attachment 5439
That's good info. Thank you! Much appreciated!

Chief

Nov 09, 2020

One of my go-to sites for gear is etrailer. They are even starting to assemble gear for 2021 Bronco.

Thanks BuzzyBud much appreciated! Have a good evening!
BuzzyBud

Chief

Nov 09, 2020

Strange that I posted this same thread on Bronco6G. You know, the Bronco Forum with all the activity, etc. 109 views, but no replies! I got two very helpful replies here on Bronco Nation. 6g may have more quantity, but not quality. Thank you Bronco Nation Members!
Garemlin, BuzzyBud

Gladesmen

Nov 09, 2020

I have seen a mount on a Jeep that attaches the high lift just behind the front tire. I was going to see it there is such a critter for the Bronco. My Maxtrax I will keep in the trailer while traveling to camp then I will just throw them on the rack when I am heading to the trail.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
BuzzyBud, Chief1301

Chief

Nov 09, 2020

I have seen a mount on a Jeep that attaches the high lift just behind the front tire. I was going to see it there is such a critter for the Bronco. My Maxtrax I will keep in the trailer while traveling to camp then I will just throw them on the rack when I am heading to the trail.
Thanks for your input! Much appreciated!
BuzzyBud