Caught in the Rain

ThePianist
Apr 08, 2022

Rank 0

Apr 08, 2022

I have a Badlands, Lux, with Marine seats. I’m excited for the summer to take the whole roof and doors off. But I wondered what would happened if it down pour rained. Is the screen waterproof? Will the vehicle be ok or will it get ruined?
2022 Bronco | 2-Door | Badlands | 2.7 | Cactus Gray | Sasquatch | Lux | Tow | Marine Grade Vinyl
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 08, 2022

Libations MOD

Apr 08, 2022

Nope, water-resistant. NOT waterproof
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Rydfree

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2022

...but I'm sure it'll be fine. You have drain plugs in the floor, right?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
ResidualGenius

Rank V

Apr 08, 2022

This happened to me in my 75 a lot . The faster you drive the dryer you will be.
CaliKAP, LR48

No Ragerts

Apr 08, 2022

You won’t melt and neither will the Bronco!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Omegablu, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Apr 09, 2022

You won’t melt and neither will the Bronco!
I think that only applies to the Wicked Witch of the East.
2021 Bronco Wildtrak Cyber Orange, 2019 Raptor Perf Blue
1955 Chevy Cameo, (2) 2023 Mavericks (on order)
Bschurr

Rank IV

Apr 09, 2022

Wait, are we still in Kansas?
2021 Bronco Wildtrak Cyber Orange, 2019 Raptor Perf Blue
1955 Chevy Cameo, (2) 2023 Mavericks (on order)
Bschurr

Rank V

Apr 14, 2022

I have the top off currently. They are saying showers all day tomorrow. Should I put top on just for one day then take it off again or just go with front roof on.
2dr badlands with marine seats. 20EBD222-4A68-4320-B6CE-CB4A49F69E6A.jpeg
Mal, Cornwelltoolman

Life is a Highway

Apr 14, 2022

I have the top of currently. They are saying showers all day tomorrow. Should I put top on just for one day then take it off again or just go with front roof on.
2dr badlands with marine seats. View attachment 33756
Looks sweet!
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Apr 14, 2022

This happened to me in my 75 a lot . The faster you drive the dryer you will be.

When a cop pulls me over I will use the excuse "I was trying to stay dry?" I think they will go for it.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
richtor, Heidi.Blue.42

Rank V

Apr 14, 2022

When a cop pulls me over I will use the excuse "I was trying to stay dry?" I think they will go for it.
Yes if they are a Bronco enthusiast.
1Five1 Garage

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Apr 14, 2022

It's funny , I've never been pulled over in the rain . Cops don't want to get wet either .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Griffinftw, Deano Bronc

Apr 14, 2022

I have a Badlands, Lux, with Marine seats. I’m excited for the summer to take the whole roof and doors off. But I wondered what would happened if it down pour rained. Is the screen waterproof? Will the vehicle be ok or will it get ruined?

Even though the dash switches etc are somewhat protected I would never want them to get very wet . Water will find its way into the smallest of opening especially from the top dash pad down into the rear of the display . A few reports that the screen will detect the water drops as inputs therefore making it go a bit crazy selecting things at random have been reported as well .
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."

No Ragerts

Apr 14, 2022

I have the top of currently. They are saying showers all day tomorrow. Should I put top on just for one day then take it off again or just go with front roof on.
2dr badlands with marine seats. View attachment 33756
Looks great!!
Personally, I would throw the top on & cover it or just get a trail top that can easily cover the rug without all the hassle of bolts, clips, snaps etc.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank III

Apr 14, 2022

Yes if they are a Bronco enthusiast.
My luck is the cop will be a jeeper and will write the ticket because hes mad his jeep cant go above 60 without deathwobble
FatbikerJo Bronco, Cornwelltoolman

Rank VI

Apr 14, 2022

I keep a plastic painters sheet I bought from Lowe's in the compartment under the rear floor. It's in the package and folded up nice, takes up zero room. In the event I'm stuck in a down poor at least I have something. I would probably only cover the dash, steering wheel, and console. I have a black diamond w MIC top. Got caught in a minor shower last summer seats wiped off, no issues.
Cornwelltoolman, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Apr 14, 2022

It is my understanding that the electronics are waterproof , i have the marine seats and rubber flooring in case i get caught in the rain.
Rydfree

Apr 14, 2022

It is my understanding that the electronics are waterproof , i have the marine seats and rubber flooring in case i get caught in the rain.

Water resistant , not water proof . Use good judgement when exposing to rain or when washing out the vehicle .

Rank V

Apr 14, 2022

Just close the soft top lol ;)

You should be ok.

The MGV seats and center console will be fine. This should include the window buttons. But if heavy long rain maybe stuff a towel or tshirt over the window buttons for insurance.

The BL washout floors will be fine but I would remove floormats and open the drain ports. Even the port in the rear cargo area. While the BL floors are resistant to water, some have said heavy water on the sides by the doors can get into interior drainage channels underneath the washout flooring which could create a potential rust or corossion issue down the road. To help avoid the latter, maybe lay a towel down lengthwise next to all interior doors to soak it up, just set it on the floor in between seats and doors.

The steering wheel controls will be fine because they are surrounded by a waterproof aka water resistant membrane just like other interior components. The steering controls could take a direct hit from a garden hose and be fine. Btw the steering membrane controls are super soft, unlike any other vehicle. I like it.

I have the smaller nav screen in mine, which works great for my needs. I also prefer the smaller screen for rough offroading, which I sadly have not done yet. Nevertheless the nav screen, both sizes, should also be sealed.

The dash buttons should be protected too but after taking off my lower dash to install my auto stop eliminator, I'd say a few drops won't hurt especially if no digital temp read out on the AC knob which I don't have on mine. But I wouldn't get too much water inside the AC controls.

If you have a manual transmission, you will be fine. The shift boot will keep that area dry.

If you have an automatic transmission, you might want to cover the manu-shift buttons. If no leatherish boot around the base of the shifter, maybe cover that as well.

The lock and unlock buttons on doors don't look protected. Maybe just put a piece of masking tape over em.

During rain I would turn off radio, turn off climate control, and dont push any other buttons including window controls.

Obviously after rain stops dry everything off and if able use compressed air too.
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
TK1215