Catalytic Converter Protection

ashbyale
Jan 01, 2022

Rank III

Jan 01, 2022

Catalytic Converter theft is becoming a problem in my area, along with many others. Does anyone know of a Cat Lock or Cat Shield that would be good for a bs? All suggestions welcome :)
jelwart
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 01, 2022

Gladesmen

Jan 02, 2022

Around here some folks are painting them with a high temp orange paint. Maybe a deterrent at least.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank IV

Jan 02, 2022

Do the Badlands bash plates eliminate (i.e. would need to remove them) access?
Bad Lands, Sasquatch, MIC, Lux, Velocity blue
Shoresy, Jakob1972

Rank V

Jan 02, 2022

50000 volts for the scumbag thieves.
Broncofly, Captain Jack

Rank VI

Jan 02, 2022

357 Magnum. Flamethrower. Crossbow. A very hungry German Shepherd.
Broncofly, colechiw09

Rank IV

Jan 02, 2022

Not a Cat story but, I knew a guy who after having his car stereo receiver ripped from his car twice,
soldered single edge razor blades to the bottom rear of the receiver so when they felt underneath and grabbed and ripped, well you get the picture.
Third time, he found lots of blood in the inside of his car along with a kicked in door.
He says it was still worth it.
2021 Bronco Wildtrak Cyber Orange, 2019 Raptor Perf Blue
1955 Chevy Cameo, (2) 2023 Mavericks (on order)
BostonBadlands, radar3d

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jan 08, 2022

Not a Cat story but, I knew a guy who after having his car stereo receiver ripped from his car twice,
soldered single edge razor blades to the bottom rear of the receiver so when they felt underneath and grabbed and ripped, well you get the picture.
Third time, he found lots of blood in the inside of his car along with a kicked in door.
He says it was still worth it.

hell of a story there, didnt read the rest prior to grabbing this video:
But wont be too hard to find the scumbag later on

As far as cat theft, besides placing it somewhere inaccessible if possible…
947BB1F8-DA71-460E-B0C5-2E110BC1FD41.png
Sorry, cant really help
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Deano Bronc

“Going Places Where I’ve Never Been”

Jan 08, 2022

Catalytic Converter theft is becoming a problem in my area, along with many others. Does anyone know of a Cat Lock or Cat Shield that would be good for a bs? All suggestions welcome :)
Most to almost all would-be thieves use a sawzall to cut in front and behind the catalytic converter, (Option 1) is to wrap the exhaust pipe 10" in front and 10" in back of the catalytic converter with titanium, leading to their blade getting destroyed. (Option 2) They most likely are going to cut from the drivers side, my suggestion is to put a couple of Dye packs on the opposite side where they can't see them, when they start cutting "BOOM" :eek: they are met with a face full of blue dye.....Police will have no problems tracking them... :ROFLMAO: :p
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
the poacher, Broncofly

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2022

Most to almost all would-be thieves use a sawzall to cut in front and behind the catalytic converter, (Option 1) is to wrap the exhaust pipe 10" in front and 10" in back of the catalytic converter with titanium, leading to their blade getting destroyed. (Option 2) They most likely are going to cut from the drivers side, my suggestion is to put a couple of Dye packs on the opposite side where they can't see them, when they start cutting "BOOM" :eek: they are met with a face full of blue dye.....Police will have no problems tracking them... :ROFLMAO: :p

I etched my VIN with the saying. "Smile your on camera"

True story.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Broncofly, SteinhilberCT

Rank 0

Oct 11, 2022

I have a genuine concern with some nerdowell stealing my “cat”. I will def paint and engrave, but looking to see if any of the skid plates cover up the “cat” that makes it difficult to get to it. I think if most thieves see a skid plate covering the “cat” they will move on to any easier victim. Thoughts?

Rank 0

Oct 11, 2022

357 Magnum. Flamethrower. Crossbow. A very hungry German Shepherd.
All the above please!

John

Oct 12, 2022

Lower your Bronco. Slam it to the ground. They cannot steal what they cannot easily get to.

Rank V

Oct 15, 2022

Wow. So frustrating to hear this is that big of an issue in the U.S. right now for all vehicles.

Iggy Pilot and Cowboy Engineer

Oct 16, 2022

I have a genuine concern with some nerdowell stealing my “cat”. I will def paint and engrave, but looking to see if any of the skid plates cover up the “cat” that makes it difficult to get to it. I think if most thieves see a skid plate covering the “cat” they will move on to any easier victim. Thoughts?
I’m having a meeting with my sales guy to talk about this issue this week. I will post info about the skid plates covering the cat. I’m adding cat protection before taking delivery in Nov. it’s a shame that we even have to be worried about this issue.
Darrel

Rank V

Oct 17, 2022

Don’t forget about skid plates for gas tank, they have been drilling and draining gas! Wish full body skid plates were an option on OBX! All models.
22 23 outer banks, 4 door, Velocity blue, 2.7, high lux package, soft top 8/12 changed to MIC and leather. SAS, mod bumper, skid plates, aux switches. 2/6/22 order purchased off lot 1/21/23, lost bumpers, skid, tow, aux but gained lux.

Rank IV

Jan 20, 2023

Full line of Bronco Sport aftermarket skid plates here including a CAT cage and Gas tank coverage.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 20, 2023

They could do the easy thing and stop putting converters on cars.
BostonBadlands, Micahman

Rank 0

Apr 23, 2023

Do the Badlands bash plates eliminate (i.e. would need to remove them) access?
No. Factory plates cover engine, evap, and fuel tank (2 plates for the fuel tank). There is no cat skid on the Badlands or HL from the factory.

I don't know if the Black Diamond package differs

JCR makes a cat skid that fits all BS trim levels. I don't i
own one yet, but the pics certainly make it look like it would be a deterrent.

John

Apr 23, 2023

They could do the easy thing and stop putting converters on cars.

Have you smelled a car driving without cats? It stinks.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Apr 23, 2023

Have you smelled a car driving without cats? It stinks.

Its the cat that stinks.
Been driving since before cat cons, cars exhaust never smelled bad before cat cons.Actually a car running on Sunoco 260 smelled good.

https://www.mortonsonthemove.com/car-rotten-eggs/