CarPlay

kbrennan
May 05, 2022

Rank III

May 05, 2022

I can no longer connect my phone wireless to CarPlay. It will only work with a USB cord. Anyone know how to fix it.
Last edited by a moderator: May 05, 2022

Rank VI

May 05, 2022

Have you tried to remove your phone from the list of available phones? Basically going through the whole process of connecting the phone again. There should be a trash can icon next to your phone in the phone listing section of Sync 4.
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir
"The mountains are calling, and I must go..." - John Muir
BN #0120

Rank V

May 05, 2022

Also try hard restarting your phone ... I have to constantly do that with the bluetooth headset I use for work.
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
brnc_o_vrlndr

Rank III

May 05, 2022

Have you tried to remove your phone from the list of available phones? Basically going through the whole process of connecting the phone again. There should be a trash can icon next to your phone in the phone listing section of Sync 4.
I have tried removing my phone and reconnecting it twice. I have shut off my phone and restarted it several times. I have even tried to switch off Bluetooth and back on again and I still cannot connect. On my phone under blue tooth it shows that it is connected to my bronco but when I hit connect to Apple CarPlay it just will not connect

Rank V

May 05, 2022

What model is it? There’s a “hard reset” that is a bit different from a standard reset/reboot
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22

No Ragerts

May 05, 2022

I have tried removing my phone and reconnecting it twice. I have shut off my phone and restarted it several times. I have even tried to switch off Bluetooth and back on again and I still cannot connect. On my phone under blue tooth it shows that it is connected to my bronco but when I hit connect to Apple CarPlay it just will not connect
Update the iOS software on the phone…
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
bobby22

Rank VI

May 05, 2022

Interesting. I have not run into that myself. Any other devices to try?
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir
"The mountains are calling, and I must go..." - John Muir
BN #0120

Rank I

May 05, 2022

Something similar happened on my F-150 a couple of months ago, went to the Ford dealer and they disconnected the battery to do a hard reset on the system, after they re-connected I had to reconnect the phone and it has worked since then. Hope this helps.

Rank V

May 06, 2022

Try and reboot sync 4. essentually press and hold the power button for the audio system, and the next song button until the system shuts off, then it will restart.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
SuperMike

Rank III

May 06, 2022

I was able to fix the issue once I deleted my phone from my car and then went into my phone under General, then Carplay and deleted my Bronco from there. I then reinstalled my phone and everything seems to be working now.
Laura, SuperMike

Rank 0

May 06, 2022

I had to go back and update FordPass

Rank VI

May 07, 2022

Make sure your wifi is on in your phone settings.

Rank 0

May 09, 2022

Does wireless Carplay or Android Auto reliably work for anyone? Whenever I use it I have to reset the head unit after a random amount of time.
Once I switched to cable only I haven't had to reset it.

Rank 0

May 16, 2023

I've also been having all manor of problems with CarPlay lately. Seems to me like it is somehow associated with having the phone plugged in with a USB cable when I start but connecting wirelessly (maybe that is just a coincidence, but seems to be what I have noticed). I typically have to completely delete the phone from the Bronco and vice versa, then add it back. PITA. Has happened twice in the last week.
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange

Rank VI

May 16, 2023

Normally not a problem. On the rare occasion it doesn't connect wirelessly all I have to do is plug the phone in for a sec till it recognizes it, them unplug. Running latest IOS, Sync and a Iphone 14Pro Max.
Bronco Nation 278
IndianaBroncos on Facebook​