Can't switch dealer on reservation

Brian
Jul 23, 2021

Rank IV

Jul 23, 2021

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, I made a reservation on June 18th (yeah, I'm a little late to the game) and at that time I hadn't figured out which dealer I was going to go with so I chose the one closest to me. Now that I've been in contact with the dealer that I'm wanting to place my order with, I'd like to switch my reservation to them. I called Ford at 800-334-4375 and was told that they could no longer change the dealer on my reservation, and that this has been the case since March 19th. She told me that my only options are to cancel the reservation and place a new one with the new dealer.

With as late as my reservation was, will it make that big a difference if I place a new one? Just a little frustrated that I couldn't switch it, as all along I thought that was something we could do.
23 Outer Banks | 4 Door | Eruption Green | MIC | LUX | 2.7L | Tow | Reserved 7-23-21 | Ordered 8-12-21 | Delivered 6-6-23
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 23, 2021

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, I made a reservation on June 18th (yeah, I'm a little late to the game) and at that time I hadn't figured out which dealer I was going to go with so I chose the one closest to me. Now that I've been in contact with the dealer that I'm wanting to place my order with, I'd like to switch my reservation to them. I called Ford at 800-334-4375 and was told that they could no longer change the dealer on my reservation, and that this has been the case since March 19th. She told me that my only options are to cancel the reservation and place a new one with the new dealer.

With as late as my reservation was, will it make that big a difference if I place a new one? Just a little frustrated that I couldn't switch it, as all along I thought that was something we could do.
No, it's not going to make that much difference. I would rather have a dealer that I could trust and have to wait a few more weeks.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Hobgoblin, Brian

Rank IV

Jul 23, 2021

No, it's not going to make that much difference. I would rather have a dealer that I could trust and have to wait a few more weeks.
Thanks, I went ahead and cancelled and made a new reservation.
23 Outer Banks | 4 Door | Eruption Green | MIC | LUX | 2.7L | Tow | Reserved 7-23-21 | Ordered 8-12-21 | Delivered 6-6-23
Deano Bronc, Hobgoblin