Calling all DIPSTICKS (2.7L engine).......

Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Don't delete

Sep 22, 2021
Arizona
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Vogel
Member #

What I find hilarious is Ford reads this Forum and comments when they feel like it but ….FORD will not tell us what is right. Way to go Ford.

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

I just got an oil change at the dealership and again......the fill was 7qts........and its beyond the dot on my original dipstick. :unsure: I dunno what to think about this dipstick dilemma.:ROFLMAO: Its completely ridiculous in so many ways but I've read both my dipsticks and the newer one gives a 90-100% full reading on the hash marks where the original is over and above the twist/bend at the end of the dipstick.:rolleyes: I dunno......

Soooo.......anyone have any good Mac N cheese lately?! I miss Homeroom in Oakland, WAAAAAAY overpriced Mac N Cheese......yet soooo good! :giggle:(y)

Reactions: Bronco Hueso

Xpathf1nderX

Rank V

Supporter III

Oct 28, 2021
Broken arrow, ok
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Orcutt
Member #

Just checked and I have the H stick too. For those that have the new updated stick, and the H stick, can you put them side by side as to what the 7 qt level is on the H and post a pic here? I can etch a line on my H dipstick and go with that since Ford cant produce a stick.

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

Just checked and I have the H stick too. For those that have the new updated stick, and the H stick, can you put them side by side as to what the 7 qt level is on the H and post a pic here?
******CAUTION, CRITICAL THINKING CAP REQUIRED******

Before viewing below imagine and jumping on me for propagating a conspiracy theory.......understand, I spend my own $20 on the supposed "NEW (what the forums are calling new)" updated Ford Dipstick to see what all the nonsense was about. This is what I found........

The "NEW" FORD OEM dipstick is shorter.....
The "NEW" dipstick has a Diamond Caution logo at the top, not an H as the one that came with my FE.
The "NEW" dipstick reads 90% full on the cross hatchings and well below the hole that is considered the MAX line compared to the one that came with my FE..

My ORIGINAL dipstick has/had (at the time of this photo) oil reading above the curve.......I had not serviced, changed, added or removed oil from driving my Bronco off the lot.

I've since taken readings from my Bronco sitting overnight. I've taken readings after driving it a short distance as well as after longer trips and nothings much has changed. The Original dipstick indicates oil well above the curve. :unsure: I dunno what to tell you?! :unsure:

I've since kept both dipsticks, have been using the "NEW" diamond logo dipstick simply because its easier and more accurate to read. The ORIGINAL, with its reading above the curve, tells me nothing other than it has a bunch of oil in the engine. What else can I write???

1C315C14-DA1C-4B00-BDB1-33B40E2BEA5C_1_201_a.jpeg

12AB169D-12EC-45C2-B10C-BC365E1CD6E5.jpeg

P.S. Please remove Critical Thinking Cap now. :p

jossman

Rank II

Advocate III

Apr 17, 2021
Monument,CO
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Joss
Manual I downloaded months ago said 7 qts.When Bronco first came out said 7 to keep oiling in all situations.Dealer + sales people say 6.Going to stick with 7 quarts at change intervals + hope not too much crankcase pressure resulting in gasket,seal leaks.Ford get "Your poop in a group"."Quality is Job # 1 should be replaced with- " A Nod is as good as a wink to a Blind Horse" Courtesy The Faces circa early 70's.Realize only a $60,000 + machine but this old guy thinks that is a healthy chunk of change.
My WT is built + being shipped.Having Acid Flashbacks about what it is going to look like! Johnny Cash + "1 Piece at a time" keeps going through my addled brain.Still looking for a good YUGO!!!
23A82A83-6B4B-4A7D-9EF8-22C257AF250A.jpeg

Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Don't delete

Sep 22, 2021
Arizona
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Vogel
Member #

why doesn't ford just send out the correct stix for the ones that are obsolete. liked the cards & calendar swag but i much rather have the correct equipment.
Because they already have your money so you don’t interest them.

jossman

Rank II

Advocate III

Apr 17, 2021
Monument,CO
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Joss
Hope to get some answers when mine arrives but don't think the Dealership has a clue or even cares.Would love to tell them to shove it but that is what they want.They have a 2021 used Raptor PU + listed for $154,000 0n their website.

Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Don't delete

Sep 22, 2021
Arizona
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Vogel
Member #

Hope to get some answers when mine arrives but don't think the Dealership has a clue or even cares.Would love to tell them to shove it but that is what they want.They have a 2021 used Raptor PU + listed for $154,000 0n their website.
I guess the dealership is like the government…. “ we aren’t in a resections “: Both of them have there heads up there A**.
Just keeping it real.

J.bell

Rank VI

Promoter II

Mar 25, 2021
Bay Shore, NY, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Bellino
Member #

I have an “H” dipstick. With 7 qts the full line is now the “fomoco” etching. It would be an issue if it was too short.