Called ford customer service

J.bell
Jun 28, 2021

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

Just got off phone with customer service. She said build and vins will be sent within 30-45 days. She also said if you ordered the gray mic it should not be much of an issue and shouldn’t change my order.October reservation. January order.
BC33, MikeA2315
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2021

Rank V

Jun 28, 2021

I'd be a little hesitant to drink that Kool-Aid
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
PC Austin, BDDavidn

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

I'd be a little hesitant to drink that Kool-Aid
Not holding my breath!
Mountainwiitch

Rank II

Jun 28, 2021

Get in writing.
Cliffhanger

Rank V

Jun 28, 2021

Just got off phone with customer service. She said build and vins will be sent within 30-45 days. She also said if you ordered the gray mic it should not be much of an issue and shouldn’t change my order.October reservation. January order.

Which is counter to everything else we've been told. While I want to believe they will crank out a ton of Bronco in the next couple months there's ample evidence they won't. But they are giving you good advice on the MIC, you're an October res so by the time they get around to you they will probably have it mostly sorted out. I'm an even later res and I'll sit on my order and get the MIC. In 2022.
Bronc96, KennyMac

Road trip!!!

Jun 28, 2021

Once they have a steady flow of parts they should be able to schedule like that.

Everyone needs some GOOD NEWS, so I will add to the Kool-Aid.

Ford is building 2,186 broncos and 1,612 rangers this week. Congrats if one of the broncos is yours. This week they are building more hard tops than soft tops.

Webasto currently has a goal of 30 hard tops per hour. However…..this number is fluctuating quite a bit. Math shows this at over 700 hard tops per day if they are making 30 per hour.

So…..the MIC hard tops and our broncos are coming! Hang in there everyone.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
jedmisten, Buckin'

Rank V

Jun 28, 2021

Once they have a steady flow of parts they should be able to schedule like that.

Everyone needs some GOOD NEWS, so I will add to the Kool-Aid.

Ford is building 2,186 broncos and 1,612 rangers this week. Congrats if one of the broncos is yours. This week they are building more hard tops than soft tops.

Webasto currently has a goal of 30 hard tops per hour. However…..this number is fluctuating quiet a bit. Math shows this at over 700 hard tops per day if they are making 30 per hour.

So…..the MIC hard tops and our broncos are coming! Hang in there everyone.
I love hearing this news!
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
bdawson24, jedmisten

Road trip!!!

Jun 29, 2021

This time frame for everyone getting a build date actually makes sense.

Everyone who wants to change to a soft top with the hard top prep has until 07/16/21 to make the change. By now, Ford should have a really good grasp on part supplies(including hard tops) from vendors. Once all of the dust from this has settled(roughly 30-45 days), Ford will probably work on scheduling builds through 12 Dec 21.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
BC33, KennyMac

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

Am I missing something? There's more than one color of MIC top? There were no color options or roof options for my 2 door Black Diamond. As I'm going with Cactus Grey for the paint, a grey MIC top wouldn't be terrible. How do I sign up for that?
Manual BD 2 door, tow, roof rails, standard package. Reserve #1031xxx 7/20/20, ordered 3/6/21, reordered 11/16/21. Got the golden email 3/3/22, build scheduled week of 3/21/22.

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

Ford is building 2,186 broncos this week.

2,183 will be on dealer lots ready to purchase. with a 10k mark up.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
KennyMac

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2021

Am I missing something? There's more than one color of MIC top? There were no color options or roof options for my 2 door Black Diamond. As I'm going with Cactus Grey for the paint, a grey MIC top wouldn't be terrible. How do I sign up for that?
I think that many of the photos appear to be more Gray than black on the MIC top. this is from the Bronco Nation website.1624990034654.png
bdawson24, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

It's carbonized grey. It's NOT a painted top. it will be like a faded black textured finish.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

It's carbonized grey. It's NOT a painted top. it will be like a faded black textured finish.

No, I get that. I know the MICs aren't painted. I was just confused by the specificity of the grey MIC top as if there was another MIC option that would get my Bronco to me faster, but I guess I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification. I think I'm on the same page now.
Manual BD 2 door, tow, roof rails, standard package. Reserve #1031xxx 7/20/20, ordered 3/6/21, reordered 11/16/21. Got the golden email 3/3/22, build scheduled week of 3/21/22.
BC33, SlashRacer

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

No, I get that. I know the MICs aren't painted. I was just confused by the specificity of the grey MIC top as if there was another MIC option that would get my Bronco to me faster, but I guess I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification. I think I'm on the same page now.

the carbonized grey (faded black) is the only option in MIC.

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2021

Funny, I called 2x's trying to find out why mine has been in production since 6/18 and I was told "it's been produced but something is holding it up, did you get the MIC top cause that's probably why, it's built waiting to a top" :rolleyes: yea, ok. I doubt the customer service people really have a clue what's going on.
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2021

I can't drink the Kool-Aid. It's too disappointing every Thursday. Almost every week I concede MY2022 and then some wonderful, positive minded soul sends a notice like this and I think "well, maybe this
Thursday?" Then I get sad/mad/frustrated when it doesn't happen. I did see my dealers Big Bend, 2DR, SAS service vehicle yesterday. Made me mad and happy. Want mine even more.
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow
Mountainwiitch, 1Five1 Garage

Rank II

Jun 29, 2021

To confirm - she said that build and vins will be sent within 30-45 days of your vehicle being produced or within 30-45 days EVERYONE with an order will get a schedule, even if it's months out?
Cliffhanger, Broncadonk MKG

Rank III

Jun 30, 2021

Well hopefully this 30-45 day thing is true, I am debating on either upgrading my current JLU or getting a Rubi due to the possibility of not getting my WT till next year sometime.
2020 GT350 Ford Perf Blue
2021 4dr AMB Wildtrak on order, Building my retirement garage

Rank IV

Jun 30, 2021

To confirm - she said that build and vins will be sent within 30-45 days of your vehicle being produced or within 30-45 days EVERYONE with an order will get a schedule, even if it's months out?

I wonder why they tell everyone something different? I called a few weeks back & they knew nothing! So weird! I guess it depends on who answers the phone. My question though is really do they really know what’s going on? Haha
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Rank II

Jun 30, 2021

I wonder why they tell everyone something different? I called a few weeks back & they knew nothing! So weird! I guess it depends on who answers the phone. My question though is really do they really know what’s going on?

1625019960603.png
Sdakotabronco, Mountainwiitch