Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
Anyone else notice a change in the shade of Cactus Gray on B&P?

I went to B&P to see if I wanted to take SAS off or keep it for the cost and my driving. When I selected the CG and saw the color I thought it look funny in my opinion.

Now:
1612809832409.png

JRHopp

Rank III

Promoter III

Oct 7, 2020
Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Hopping
It looks like they tried to update it to take some of the green out. I haven't seen this color in person, but I think it must be hard to represent it on a computer screen. I've seen some Audi, BMW and Mercedes witha similar "mat gray". I think this is probably closer to reality.

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
It looks like they tried to update it to take some of the green out. I haven't seen this color in person, but I think it must be hard to represent it on a computer screen. I've seen some Audi, BMW and Mercedes witha similar "mat gray". I think this is probably closer to reality.
The new update to me makes it look to Gray. I have seen the color in person on a Ranger and Bronco Sport. Like you said hard to get it to look right on computer screen.

meyermi

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jan 22, 2021
San Diego
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Meyer
Member #

There are about 7 threads on the "other forum" regarding this topic. Bottom line: Ford did update the color on B&P (confirmed by Mike Levine). In colorspeak, they technically removed some of the blue in the previous rendering.

Now if they could just fix/add some of the accessories and address things that people really need...

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
A lot of the colors don't look quite right on the screen. If you're unsure (like me) stop by the dealer and pick up a color sample book with actual paint swatches. Take it home and check all the colors in different lights to get a better idea what they will really look like.

No, it doesn't make the decision easier, I've been carrying this thing around for a week driving my wife nuts!

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
Took the wife by the dealer yesterday to see it in person during daylight. I also drove by later that evening after dark. During the day it is pretty more like the original B&P renderings. I would say that it is not nearly as "cactus" or "sage" as the rendering showed. It is predominately light gray when looking at it directly. Somehow when I looked through my windshield at it the sage tone showed through more. It is really dependent on the angle and sunlight when you look at it. Just seems to be a flat light gray from most angles but then it just sort of shifts and you pick up the hints of sage. At night the OPs screenshot is much more accurate. It appeared shade darker gray with no hint of sage or green.

Most Ford dealers have Rangers on the lot in Cactus Gray so I suggest you get down and see it in person with different lighting situations. Personally I like it. My last three trucks and suvs were in white so I am ready to change it up a bit. My work truck and wifes car are basically Carbonized Gray. That gray is just so common with all manufacturers at this point that it is not an option. Same goes for the silver. Then the black just shows dirt all the time so that is not an option. So Cactus Gray it is and when it gets scratched or I'm tired of it... time to get it wrapped!

Here are a few photos from the Rangers at the lot with Cactus Gray and Carbonized Gray.

Attachments

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
Took the wife by the dealer yesterday to see it in person during daylight. I also drove by later that evening after dark. During the day it is pretty more like the original B&P renderings. I would say that it is not nearly as "cactus" or "sage" as the rendering showed. It is predominately light gray when looking at it directly. Somehow when I looked through my windshield at it the sage tone showed through more. It is really dependent on the angle and sunlight when you look at it. Just seems to be a flat light gray from most angles but then it just sort of shifts and you pick up the hints of sage. At night the OPs screenshot is much more accurate. It appeared shade darker gray with no hint of sage or green.

Most Ford dealers have Rangers on the lot in Cactus Gray so I suggest you get down and see it in person with different lighting situations. Personally I like it. My last three trucks and suvs were in white so I am ready to change it up a bit. My work truck and wifes car are basically Carbonized Gray. That gray is just so common with all manufacturers at this point that it is not an option. Same goes for the silver. Then the black just shows dirt all the time so that is not an option. So Cactus Gray it is and when it gets scratched or I'm tired of it... time to get it wrapped!

Here are a few photos from the Rangers at the lot with Cactus Gray and Carbonized Gray.
Yeah I have been lucky to see it in person on a Bronco Sport and Ranger. If all I had to go on was the new B&P rendering I would not choose CG, but seeing it in person I love the color and getting it.

meyermi

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jan 22, 2021
San Diego
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Meyer
Member #

Yeah I have been lucky to see it in person on a Bronco Sport and Ranger. If all I had to go on was the new B&P rendering I would not choose CG, but seeing it in person I love the color and getting it.
It's interesting to note that CG seems to be the most controversial color on various Bronco forums, and yet the observed "take rate" on the color puts it within the Top 3 (along with A51 and the other CG - Carbonized Grey).

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

Its annoying.....because CG has been seen depicted as......

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 3.19.03 PM.png

5B09CB6C-7CC9-4767-B067-353D1D799F7B.jpeg

......and.........
7F7E7DAD-29A3-41F2-B928-E47898BC951B.jpeg

.....and......
BCBCB488-F3DD-46F8-9290-C49E4B7D477C.jpeg

Soooooo.......yeeeeaaaahhh.......

CG, LB and A51.......all competing for my order.......ugh.

All the colors in reality look great on the Bronco but its about picking one.......like picking your favorite M&M. :LOL:

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
Its annoying.....because CG has been seen depicted as......

View attachment 8828
View attachment 8830

......and.........
.View attachment 8829

.....and......
View attachment 8833

Soooooo.......yeeeeaaaahhh.......

CG, LB and A51.......all competing for my order.......ugh.

All the colors in reality look great on the Bronco but its about picking one.......like picking your favorite M&M. :LOL:
I would say that last picture on the trail is the best representation of the color overall from my personal observation. The ones in the factory are pretty accurate from straight on in direct light. The one with graphics kinda appears from some angles but I don't think it is the best representation. It is a very shifty color!

Love to see more Antimatter Blue pics.....anyone?

srick76

Rank V

Don't delete

Jun 11, 2020
Butler, NJ, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
RIcker
Member #

The new update to me makes it look to Gray. I have seen the color in person on a Ranger and Bronco Sport. Like you said hard to get it to look right on computer screen.
This best represents what CG looks like in the shade. In the sun it has more of the mint/sage look the old B and P had.

Garemlin

Rank VI

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

It's almost like they are trying to make it look like it doesn't have a slight green hue. Which it does. It's funny to see the arguments about this color. People swearing up and down that it doesn't have any green in it. I saw it in person on a Ranger and it does have a very slight green tint. Of course many people arguing that it doesn't have green have never even seen it in person. Or are judging it by others pics. Which can change perception drastically. This is definitely a color you need to see in person before committing.

F2455727-7106-46BE-AB9E-EABBA37450A2.jpeg
6F471A62-FEB4-4191-9558-7665F83310F5.jpeg
BA7681EE-277E-402D-BAB2-827158FF4B92.jpeg
6CE71EA8-FBD0-4641-8662-BDF77FD7382D.jpeg
7D4E3667-97AD-48D6-8D15-5EE839E5426A.jpeg

srick76

Rank V

Don't delete

Jun 11, 2020
Butler, NJ, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
RIcker
Member #

It's almost like they are trying to make it look like it doesn't have a slight green hue. Which it does. It's funny to see the arguments about this color. People swearing up and down that it doesn't have any green in it. I saw it in person on a Ranger and it does have a very slight green tint. Of course many people arguing that it doesn't have green have never even seen it in person. Or are judging it by others pics. Which can change perception drastically. This is definitely a color you need to see in person before committing.

View attachment 8841View attachment 8842View attachment 8843View attachment 8844View attachment 8845
Agreed. The Bronco Sport I saw looked as if it had sage green or I described it as mint green mixed with the gray.

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
Agreed. The Bronco Sport I saw looked as if it had sage green or I described it as mint green mixed with the gray.
I'm with you. Your pictures are a perfect example. The last one shows no sage in my opinion whereas the first ones clearly show it. The brighter the light the less green you see. It'll be green in Seattle gray in Phoenix!

Chaos

Rank IV

Promoter III

Feb 9, 2021
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wiersema
I've seen it in person on vehicles and when I went in for my build the color swatch was marked cactus grey/fighter jet grey (mustang color, I believe). The color swatch was more of a light nardo, opaque grey, both inside (show room fluorescent lights) and outside, cloudy. On the vehicles I have seen the greenish tint, and also seen it look very much like balboa mist wall paint. I like it with the green tint, don't like the plan jane grey. The antimatter blue is cool, but it is way dark and almost black depending on light. I wanted cactus with a white top, but that is not happening or at least not anytime soon. I reserved 7/13. My original reservation was a badlands; the first editions were available, but I didn't really want it based on the build at the time (maybe if I could delete the side graphic). With all the changes I order a fully decked out wild track in carbonized grey. I like the sandstone. It was that or aftermarket ivory leather. I still have and drive regularly my 95 green/mocha EB 5.8 windsor....original owner, now going on 26 years. The dogs have trashed the leather, and it is a noisy like all trucks were back then, but it has been an exceptionally great vehicle over the year. Push button 4x4 still works like a charm.

Riddle me this, why can't you get the roof racks with the SAS..... Same with sound deadening for the hardtop only available in some configurations and packages.... Every dealer I have spoke with is baffled by the way some of the options are laid out. To be honest the interior choices aren't great. I had two reservations. I cancelled one. I thought about canceling both and just order a land rover defender. We will see how plasticky this thing is when it is ready.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Riddle me this, why can't you get the roof racks with the SAS..... Same with sound deadening for the hardtop only available in some configurations and packages.... Every dealer I have spoke with is baffled by the way some of the options are laid out. To be honest the interior choices aren't great. I had two reservations. I cancelled one. I thought about canceling both and just order a land rover defender. We will see how plasticky this thing is when it is ready.
Esteban talks about it a little on this video. It has to do with GVWR and how the Ford ordering system can't add weight for each option so it assumes you are getting all the options. Something like that. Good video.

Chaos

Rank IV

Promoter III

Feb 9, 2021
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wiersema
Esteban talks about it a little on this video. It has to do with GVWR and how the Ford ordering system can't add weight for each option so it assumes you are getting all the options. Something like that. Good video.
Thank you. Yeah, I've seen the video. I guess I am more interested in a real answer based on a meaningful (scientific) rational, not 'our ordering system has quirks', you might as well say your overseas programer hacks suck....... I mean honestly if you can get a roof rack on any 4 door, then you should be able to get in with SAS in 2021, saying it will be available in 2022 is even a bigger slap in the face. Not offering the manual with SAS is understandable, a transmission and a roof rack are worlds apart as far as development and testing.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Thank you. Yeah, I've seen the video. I guess I am more interested in a real answer based on a meaningful (scientific) rational, not 'our ordering system has quirks', you might as well say your overseas programer hacks suck....... I mean honestly if you can get a roof rack on any 4 door, then you should be able to get in with SAS in 2021, saying it will be available in 2022 is even a bigger slap in the face. Not offering the manual with SAS is understandable, a transmission and a roof rack are worlds apart as far as development and testing.
Yeah, I understand what you are saying but I doubt Ford is going to get into the specifics. It really doesn't make much sense as all this should have been figured out prior to launch. I've just come to the conclusion not to worry about things that I can't control regarding the Bronco rollout. Especially since there are ways to get things around some of it by ordering through the dealer or AM.

Reactions: Chaos