Buyers Be Ware!!!!

SlashRacer
Jul 29, 2021

Road trip!!!

Jul 29, 2021

I reserved my Bronco on 7/13/2020 at 10:17pm EST. I placed my reservation and order at a dealership(Harold Ziegler Ford in Plainwell, MI) that said I would get it at MSRP. Today I cancelled my order with the “stealership” and placed another order with a different dealership who gave me a written MSRP price guarantee.

I have a text message from my previous salesman from July 2020 that said the sales manager would honor MSRP.

Cool…..things are good and I will be getting a new bronco at MSRP when it’s finally built.

Now roll the calendar ahead a year. I went into the dealership this past Monday and tried to confirm pricing. The sales manager would not give me a price. He told me he had to discuss pricing with the other dealerships “in their group”(There are 30 dealerships owned by Harold Ziegler, but not all of them are Ford) and would have a price for me when the bronco is delivered. My heart sank and I got that gut feeling I was going to be screwed on pricing.

Today I printed off a copy of the text message that showed where it said the “sales manager would honor MSRP” and went back to the dealership. I told the salesman that if I don’t get the bronco for MSRP I was cancelling the order.

He went and spoke with the sales manager and came back and said that they can not guarantee MSRP at this time and that they would have a price for me when the Bronco gets here. I told him that, that was not acceptable and to cancel my order. He went back to the sales manager and they both came back to speak with me. The sales manager tried to talk me out of cancelling the order. I told him to give me a MSRP price guarantee in writing like what the salesman told me, or I was cancelling. I then showed him the printed out text message where his salesman told me his sales manager would honor MSRP. Then the sales manager said “Things have changed and I can not do that now”.

I asked why not? The sales manager tells me it’s because of market value. So I told him me getting a Bronco at MSRP like what they said I would get, has nothing to do with market value and that all market value does is tell me I’m going to pay $5,000-10,000 more for a Bronco that I was guaranteed MSRP on. I told him Ford guaranteed Bronco pricing through 2023.

The sales manager then told me I know nothing about economics, I spend to much time reading blogs and I have all of these wrong ideas in my head.

It is not economics locking someone into an order at a promised price then totally SCREWING them over on pricing after it’s to late to switch dealerships.

I told them to cancel the order and I would never do business with any Harold Ziegler businesses again. They gave me a receipt and said they will mail out a refund for my deposit.

After I left that dealership, I went to another Ford dealership. Denooyer Ford I’m Vicksburg, MI and placed another order for a bronco. I walked out with a signed MSRP price guarantee. SUPER nice group of people there!!! If you are are having issues with your dealership or want to place an order for a bronco, get ahold of ! Send me a PM if you want the contact information for Denooyer Ford.

FWIW……I spoke with the sales manager at Denooyer Ford and asked her about Ford’s MSRP price guarantee on the bronco. She told me Ford did not guarantee MSRP. Ford suggested to the dealerships to sell it at MSRP.

This is the text message with the MSRP price guarantee from the first dealership. Brent is the sales manager.

The second pic is my signed purchase agreement with the new dealership.
C4FC9417-5CF4-40A5-961D-C837CFA8560F.jpeg
7FCB778A-F89E-4F3F-A373-33F0B4985329.jpeg
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
KennyMac, Bronc96

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 29, 2021

Snakes. Glad I'm waiting now, besides my new convertible is coming soon.
Sdakotabronco, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jul 29, 2021

I reserved my Bronco on 7/13/2020 at 10:17pm EST. I placed my reservation and order at a dealership(Harold Ziegler Ford in Plainwell, MI) that said I would get it at MSRP. Today I cancelled my order with the “stealership” and placed another order with a different dealership who gave me a written MSRP price guarantee.

I have a text message from my previous salesman from July 2020 that said the sales manager would honor MSRP.

Cool…..things are good and I will be getting a new bronco at MSRP when it’s finally built.

Now roll the calendar ahead a year. I went into the dealership this past Monday and tried to confirm pricing. The sales manager would not give me a price. He told me he had to discuss pricing with the other dealerships “in their group”(There are 30 dealerships owned by Harold Ziegler, but not all of them are Ford) and would have a price for me when the bronco is delivered. My heart sank and I got that gut feeling I was going to be screwed on pricing.

Today I printed off a copy of the text message that showed where it said the “sales manager would honor MSRP” and went back to the dealership. I told the salesman that if I don’t get the bronco for MSRP I was cancelling the order.

He went and spoke with the sales manager and came back and said that they can not guarantee MSRP at this time and that they would have a price for me when the Bronco gets here. I told him that, that was not acceptable and to cancel my order. He went back to the sales manager and they both came back to speak with me. The sales manager tried to talk me out of cancelling the order. I told him to give me a MSRP price guarantee in writing like what the salesman told me, or I was cancelling. I then showed him the printed out text message where his salesman told me his sales manager would honor MSRP. Then the sales manager said “Things have changed and I can not do that now”.

I asked why not? The sales manager tells me it’s because of market value. So I told him me getting a Bronco at MSRP like what they said I would get, has nothing to do with market value and that all market value does is tell me I’m going to pay $5,000-10,000 more for a Bronco that I was guaranteed MSRP on. I told him Ford guaranteed Bronco pricing through 2023.

The sales manager then told me I know nothing about economics, I spend to much time reading blogs and I have all of these wrong ideas in my head.

It is not economics locking someone into an order at a promised price then totally SCREWING them over on pricing after it’s to late to switch dealerships.

I told them to cancel the order and I would never do business with any Harold Ziegler businesses again. They gave me a receipt and said they will mail out a refund for my deposit.

After I left that dealership, I went to another Ford dealership. Denooyer Ford I’m Vicksburg, MI and placed another order for a bronco. I walked out with a signed MSRP price guarantee. SUPER nice group of people there!!! If you are are having issues with your dealership or want to place an order for a bronco, get ahold of ! Send me a PM if you want the contact information for Denooyer Ford.

FWIW……I spoke with the sales manager at Denooyer Ford and asked her about Ford’s MSRP price guarantee on the bronco. She told me Ford did not guarantee MSRP. Ford suggested to the dealerships to sell it at MSRP.

This is the text message with the MSRP price guarantee from the first dealership. Brent is the sales manager.

View attachment 16153View attachment 16156
So when you converted your reservation to an order before the end of March the dealership didn't give you a print out with the price and options you ordered and had you sign it with your deposit?
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
SlashRacer

Road trip!!!

Jul 29, 2021

So when you converted your reservation to an order before the end of March the dealership didn't give you a print out with the price and options you ordered and had you sign it with your deposit?
I sent my order in via email. I was mailed the build from Ford with pricing, made a few changes to the build and received emails with the changes and the new prices, but never signed anything. No addition deposit at time of order was required.

Shame on me!

Rank V

Jul 29, 2021

Call Ford and make sure they know what happened and why you cancelled, and make sure it was actually cancelled so you don't see your build on the dealer's lot with $10,000 ADM. Get on other social media as well and trash them...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
KennyMac, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jul 29, 2021

I sent my order in via email. I was mailed the build from Ford with pricing, made a few changes to the build and received emails with the changes and the new prices, but never signed anything. No addition deposit at time of order was required.

Shame on me!
Yeah.. that sucks and the dealer knows they can get you because you didn't sign the build sheet.
SlashRacer

Road trip!!!

Jul 29, 2021

Yeah.. that sucks and the dealer knows they can get you because you didn't sign the build sheet.
I should have caught the red flag when they told me on 17 Jan that if I don’t get my order in on 19 Jan I wouldn’t be in their first allocation of 18.

Rank II

Jul 29, 2021

View attachment 16153View attachment 16156
Thanks for the heads up…makes me a little nervous my dealership might try the same crap. DEF RECOMMEND YOU LEAVE A GOOGLE REVIEW for them regarding their antics.
G.O.A.T.
KennyMac, Bronc96

Road trip!!!

Jul 29, 2021

Call Ford and make sure they know what happened and why you cancelled, and make sure it was actually cancelled so you don't see your build on the dealer's lot with $10,000 ADM. Get on other social media as well and trash them...
I tried to call a Ford today, but it was after hours. I WILL CALL THEM TOMORROW and make sure the dealership cancelled my order so it doesn’t end up on their lot. Also going to file a nice complaint.

7B6C962C-1A7B-48B5-BF7A-2F42A2F1A928.png
KennyMac, Bronc96

Road trip!!!

Jul 29, 2021

Thanks for the heads up…makes me a little nervous my dealership might try the same crap. DEF RECOMMEND YOU LEAVE A GOOGLE REVIEW for them regarding their antics.
Go in and get your price guarantee in writing.
Bronc96, DRWright

Life is a Highway

Jul 29, 2021

What a bunch of cork soakers
Bronc96, DRWright

Rank V

Jul 29, 2021

You forgot to ask them about the additional fees they like to add on for prep and other bs. I get a final out the door price that includes all fees. Otherwise, you could still be in for a bad surprise.
Bronc96, okie4570

Road trip!!!

Jul 29, 2021

You forgot to ask them about the additional fees they like to add on for prep and other bs. I get a final out the door price that includes all fees. Otherwise, you could still be in for a bad surprise.
My new dealership are good people! No snake oil salesman there. But……I will ask them about that tomorrow.
Bronc96, okie4570

Rank V

Jul 29, 2021

My new dealership are good people! No snake oil salesman there. But……I will ask them about that tomorrow.
I have everything in writing. my MSRP (sticker) will be $57,560, my "out the door" with document fees, temp tag, etc. will be $53,471. Did the same thing with a Maverick I ordered as well. Too many unknowns that I don't want to deal with after months of agonizing waiting.
SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jul 29, 2021

So sorry to hear about the mess you went through. But thank you for sharing your experience! I go in to my dealer to place my order on Saturday. I already emailed them my build and we will go over it together. Now I know what to do - or not do. I won't leave without a signed document guaranteeing my price.

Side note... Thanks to my brother, I get to apply A Plan discounting since he is a Ford employee. Anybody have an idea what that amounts to?
Kathleen
OBX, 4D, Soft top, 2.7, Cyber Orange, Lux, Tow, BO Leather; Order 4/3, Prod Week 11/29, Blend Date 12/1, Delivery 12/11/21
SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jul 29, 2021

Yeah that happened with my initial build sheet they tried getting me to sign. I made them take off the garbage addon charges and they tried acting like oh we thought you were leasing so we added those trick.
Bronc96, SlashRacer