Advocate II

Oct 6, 2021
Chicago
First Name
Vanessa
Last Name
Vole
Member #

What was your build date and where is this dealer?
I was built on May 6 and now my delivery window has moved about 3 times. ETA 5/23 now...
@Ford Motor Company can you help us out here? How many convoys are leaving the plant daily? Is the issue diesel prices vs. fixed contracts for shipment? I'd gladly pay an extra $500 to the driver of the convoy if we move our trucks!!
Mines the same way it’s very frustrating.

rayhil67

Rank II

Supporter I

Mar 1, 2022
Berks County, PA, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Hilborn
I was built on May 6 and now my delivery window has moved about 3 times. ETA 5/23 now...
@Ford Motor Company can you help us out here? How many convoys are leaving the plant daily? Is the issue diesel prices vs. fixed contracts for shipment? I'd gladly pay an extra $500 to the driver of the convoy if we move our trucks!!
Look like mine hit the dealer today. Hope it was a safe journey.View attachment 36086
Did you call and confirm, ford seems to just send random emails

washope

Rank II

Supporter I

Oct 22, 2021
Denver
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Shope
Mine was built on 5/11 and shipped 5/13. Called my dealer today and he said it looks like it's sitting in a train car in Michigan still, but has an expected delivery within the window Ford gave me. He also said they've had vehicles show up early, so fingers crossed I have it within a couple weeks!

Supporter III

Mar 6, 2022
Canada
First Name
Joe
Last Name
La
My build date was May 05 22. It got here a week early. Moncton NB Canada but we are a rail hub.

dwick71

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Oct 15, 2021
Huntingtown, MD
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Wick
My build date was May 05 22. It got here a week early. Moncton NB Canada but we are a rail hub.
I think this had been the difference. Convoy seems to be getting the shaft and by the way it looks the ones coming off the line seem to be getting preference. Since mine spent the better part of 5 months on ice mountain I am getting concerned on what has happened to it over that time.

Reactions: TangerineScream

rayhil67

Rank II

Supporter I

Mar 1, 2022
Berks County, PA, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Hilborn
I think this had been the difference. Convoy seems to be getting the shaft and by the way it looks the ones coming off the line seem to be getting preference. Since mine spent the better part of 5 months on ice mountain I am getting concerned on what has happened to it over that time.
My dealer said and I quote "driver shortage" is now a big hold up. funny thing is I do see a lot of car haulers in my travels and they are all Toyota, jeep/dodge, GM, ect.... So did ford piss-off the teamsters or something???????

GypsyV

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 6, 2021
Chicago
First Name
Vanessa
Last Name
Vole
Member #

My dealer said and I quote "driver shortage" is now a big hold up. funny thing is I do see a lot of car haulers in my travels and they are all Toyota, jeep/dodge, GM, ect.... So did ford piss-off the teamsters or something???????
I called ford directly and a lot of cars are built but don’t have chips yet

Reactions: dwick71

dwick71

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Oct 15, 2021
Huntingtown, MD
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Wick
I called ford directly and a lot of cars are built but don’t have chips yet
That was our issue from Jan 12 until April 6. Then we got the email that it was built so we called Ford to verify it was completely built ( chip, tow assembly, ect). They did verify and then it has been on a shipping delay. I think I am leaning towards what @rayhil67 mentioned. Might be having a union issue? Sent an email to my dealer to see if they can dig a little.

Reactions: GypsyV