Buck got lit this weekend

Johnperrion
Apr 26, 2021

Rank IV

Apr 26, 2021

MFZH7471[1].JPGWTVZ6560[1].JPG
NIFK2052[1].JPG
Follow our continuing adventures on Instagram at Buck_N_Penny !
Steve777468, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

Why didn't you take pics of where the light shines? Pics of the lit lamps shows nothing but what the vehicle looks like with the lamps on, which isn't the point of the lamps, is it? Or, maybe it is. Seems that's more and more the point of offroad gear nowadays than what it's traditionally been.

Do they work for lighting up the roads or trails you plan to travel?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
benjaminkrawiec, ResidualGenius

Rank IV

Apr 26, 2021

Why didn't you take pics of where the light shines? Pics of the lit lamps shows nothing but what the vehicle looks like with the lamps on, which isn't the point of the lamps, is it? Or, maybe it is. Seems that's more and more the point of offroad gear nowadays than what it's traditionally been.

Do they work for lighting up the roads or trails you plan to travel?
Why are you being so worrisome about the pics I didn't take instead of the ones I did? Your response comes off a certain way....
It is almost like you answer your own snarky little question... Clearly these pics are just pics to show what the vehicle looks like with the light on. If my intention was to make a post to show where the light shines; I prolly would have drove it to a trail and took pics of the trail without it lit up.... and then with it lit up. If you would like to ask me to take pics of where the light shines, maybe ask me to do it in a way that seems like you are being friendly instead of criticizing the pics I chose to post.
Perhaps it was late and after spending the entire day wiring up the lighting, I just didn't didn't wanna drive much farther than the end of my block to take some quick pics?
Do you think you could have written a response that promotes community rather than... I dunno. Do what you did?
Just a thought.
Y2Dre, Kennp

Road trip!!!

Apr 26, 2021

2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
the poacher, Steve777468

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

I really enjoy seeing owners make mods. Thank you.
benjaminkrawiec, Steve777468

Rank IV

Apr 26, 2021

I will do a tutorial/write up in more depth on what I did later.
But I've woken up with a light drizzle here in Utah and Buck and Penny are both howling to go play in the mud!
Steve777468, Bronc96

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

I'm like a well-made bacon, salty.

I guess you're right, I did answer my own question. It was rhetorical. You took pics of your lights because you wanted to show off how cool they look, not how they perform. You appear, like most people, to be more concerned with how you look to others, not how you perform.
ResidualGenius

Rank V

Apr 26, 2021

Agree some befor and after performance pics would be nice also.

Question to the lights mounted just above the hood at front of windshield.
Do they light up the inside cabin a bit? Glare?
Or just project light forward onto your hood?

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

It may be of value to install an anti-glare film over the hood. It may reduce eye strain over time if you are using the lights for an extended period of time.
Sdakotabronco, BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Apr 26, 2021

I'm like a well-made bacon, salty.

I guess you're right, I did answer my own question. It was rhetorical. You took pics of your lights because you wanted to show off how cool they look, not how they perform. You appear, like most people, to be more concerned with how you look to others, not how you perform.
You are making a gratuitous assumption about me... based on what?
Please leave your negative energy away from my sphere. You are free to look at my posts, but I will not interact with you further. Act your age, not your shoe size.
I am making an assumption about you as well. And trust me; mine is more based on evidence than anecdotal information.
Y2Dre, AcesandEights

Rank IV

Apr 26, 2021

Agree some befor and after performance pics would be nice also.

Question to the lights mounted just above the hood at front of windshield.
Do they light up the inside cabin a bit? Glare?
Or just project light forward onto your hood?
The lights are mounted to the hood with like 15-20 amazon brackets.

I'm gonna be real honest with ya, I've had them on less than 24 hours and only used them for the 2-3 hours I spent splashing around earlier today. When I have more info about how the lights perform. I will get it to ya! :)
TK1215, SlashRacer

Rank IV

Apr 26, 2021

It may be of value to install an anti-glare film over the hood. It may reduce eye strain over time if you are using the lights for an extended period of time.
That is a good suggestion. Thanks I will look into it!
TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
TK1215, Johnperrion

Rank IV

Aug 23, 2021

You rock!! I just got my Bronco Badlands last week and I hope to achieve this! Not sure if I have it in me to wire my 40" lightbar...but maybe. Congrats and thanks for all the instructions and pix.
SlashRacer, 1Five1 Garage

Rank IV

Aug 23, 2021

You totally can do it! Just takes the want to dive in there and get it figgered out! I have found the Bronco Sport platform very user friendly. If you need any help/advice/insight don't be afraid to reach out! I'm on my Instagram more often than here so you'll have better luck getting a faster response there. Link to the insta is in my sig :)
DRWright

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2021

John - when you have time, let us know what lights you got as well.

I have some Tractor Supply pods on my Jeep, they were clearance 5 years ago, put off a decent amount of light for some of the trails here in Florida, and ironically, have no condensation in them! Was pleasantly surprised with that.

However, they have some major oxidation and fading issues on the casing.

I have some Rigid Amber Pods for the Bronco.

Also, very honest and courteous with your responses, I’m glad Aces and You can have a civil conversation. The suggestion of the anti glare film shows mutual respect both ways.

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2021

Harbor Freight has some decent lights (pods) for minimal money. They do not necessarily perform as well as something priced 10x more, but they probably are a good "value". Not unlike Tractor Supply lights ;)