Broncos in Mammoth

David
Nov 24, 2020

Rank VI

Nov 24, 2020

[RP][/RP]The 2021 Ford Bronco is making it's California debut to the public at Mammoth Ski Resort, DEC 4th-6th. Come see the Broncos!
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Bsooudi, Slownstddy
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2020

Rank 0

Nov 24, 2020

Bit too far for me, but thank you anyway.
David

Rank VI

Nov 24, 2020

Hmmm, they might want to put the real doors back on rather than tube doors for a trip up to Mammoth ;)
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
SierraHotelBronco, JFord

Rank VI

Nov 24, 2020

Well, well, well..... I'd be coming from about 200M west of there. Let's say, I put some tire chains on the old Jeep GC, take it real slow..... hmmmmm
2021 BadSquatch, 4DR, 2.7/AT, High Package, Oxford White
Mdemieville, JFord

Rank VI

Nov 24, 2020

I could do that!

Rank V

Nov 24, 2020

Y'all are about 3000 miles west of me. Tennessee is not "East" either. If is not one of the 13 original states, you're not east. Be nice if y'all visited us on the right coast...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Nov 24, 2020

Is this event hosted by Ford marketing? What else is happening there? Looks like it's at a shopping mall.

Rank IV

Nov 24, 2020

Do you have to purchase tickets to attend?

Rank 0

Nov 24, 2020

Is this event hosted by Ford marketing? What else is happening there? Looks like it\'s at a shopping mall.
It may look like a Mall, but that is the Village at Mammoth Mountain. Don't let that look fool you, the overall area is awesome and has a lot for everyone (but it will likely be quite snow covered by then, so reduced summer activities). Obviously the mountain has skiing and snowboarding. But, beyond that there are tons of trails and mountains to explore, snowmobiles in Dec but some elevations and areas may be passable in 4x4s. There is world class fishing year round, although some of the rivers are closed during the winter months. Climbing, hiking, and almost anything you'd want to do outside. It would be a good one if you are fine with cold weather.
broncoCrzy, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Nov 24, 2020

Can't wait to see them!!!

Rank V

Nov 24, 2020

I can do that...
2022 Wildtrack. Velocity Blue, Hard Top Mic, Tow Pkg. Lux, Res 7/2020, Build date 08/24/2022.
Im a lucky Dog

Rank VI

Nov 24, 2020

Awesome! Definitely gonna try to make it out!

Rank 0

Nov 24, 2020

Very cool. I wish it was closer and warmer local too.

Rank 0

Nov 24, 2020

Darn....I have some things scheduled for the 3rd and 4th that I can’t move. Hope whoever goes gets some great pics.

Rank V

Nov 24, 2020

@David do we know what broncos will be there, ie: 2 door/4 door, colors, production/pre-production? We are getting close enough im hoping we get real trim levels on production broncos since this will be our only chance to see them before ordering.

Rank VI

Nov 24, 2020

@David do we know what broncos will be there, ie: 2 door/4 door, colors, production/pre-production? We are getting close enough im hoping we get real trim levels on production broncos since this will be our only chance to see them before ordering.

Our understanding is that the Area 51 Overlander will be there and the Off-Roadeo Adventure Patrol Bronco Sport will be there.

A few things to understand about pre-production Broncos.
  • They're the only Broncos you're seeing right now, production Broncos probably don't exist yet
  • There are primarily three types
    • Testing - For trying out features and mechanicals
    • Training - For helping key personnel, like dealers, understand how to use and market the features of the vehicle
    • Display - For showing the public the look and feel of the vehicle and help them make buying choices
The units that you'll see at that event are display units. They will give you an understanding of the size of the vehicle, what the colors looks like in real life, and what the interior will be like. You'll also see some of the Bronco's potential for customization with all the accessories and aftermarket parts that are installed on it. I've been pretty close to these units for a couple events now and I've never talked to anyone who was disappointed with them but there are little things here and there that aren't production spec. You have to be kind of a nerd to find them and they're pretty inconsequential but they're there.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Nov 24, 2020

For those going, see if you can sit in the driver’s seat and look in the rear view mirror. Can you spot the “Easter Egg” (Early Bronco) etched into the rear window glass? A pic would be great!
(As a preproduction vehicle, the etching may not be there. :(. )
nic

Rank VI

Nov 24, 2020

For those going, see if you can sit in the driver’s seat and look in the rear view mirror. Can you spot the “Easter Egg” (Early Bronco) etched into the rear window glass? A pic would be great!
(As a preproduction vehicle, the etching may not be there. :(. )
Flip! I finally saw this but it was on the Bronco Sport. I still owe you a picture of it. I haven't seen one on a Bronco but I can confirm that it's on the Sport.
BuzzyBud, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Nov 24, 2020

Our understanding is that the Area 51 Overlander will be there and the Off-Roadeo Adventure Patrol Bronco Sport will be there.

A few things to understand about pre-production Broncos.
  • They're the only Broncos you're seeing right now, production Broncos probably don't exist yet
  • There are primarily three types
    • Testing - For trying out features and mechanicals
    • Training - For helping key personnel, like dealers, understand how to use and market the features of the vehicle
    • Display - For showing the public the look and feel of the vehicle and help them make buying choices
The units that you'll see at that event are display units. They will give you an understanding of the size of the vehicle, what the colors looks like in real life, and what the interior will be like. You'll also see some of the Bronco's potential for customization with all the accessories and aftermarket parts that are installed on it. I've been pretty close to these units for a couple events now and I've never talked to anyone who was disappointed with them but there are little things here and there that aren't production spec. You have to be kind of a nerd to find them and they're pretty inconsequential but they're there.
Thank you for the info David!

Rank VI

Nov 24, 2020

And, in case I don't make it, can someone measure the step-in height of the Badlands on 35s please?
2021 BadSquatch, 4DR, 2.7/AT, High Package, Oxford White
JFord