Bronco with tan interior color

Would you support Ford offering an all tan color interior?

• Total voters

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
haha, I think I'm just used to the Navy and Red color combo being in Arizona. I'm getting a Badlands, so I'm locked into black interior :). I've bounced around on exterior color a LOT. At first I was all in on area 51, but I kind of cooled on that. Then it was anitmatter blue, but I think its just too dark on a Badlands with black interior. Now I'm feeling velocity blue. My LFD has a Bronco Sport in cactus grey, so I may try to get over there this weekend to check that color out live and in person.

I've just never been a fan of greyscale car colors (I'm not saying everyone should feel that way, its just my opinion), so black, white, iconic silver, and carbonized grey are out for me. My wife is the opposite. She's had a black Z3 and gun metal grey c-class, haha.
I wish Iconic Silver or Carbonized Gray was offered on the FE, I'd be all over those colors. But Cactus Gray works well for me, especially since I can get the Black interior. Now if only we can get the black mod hardtops off late availability, I could kick back with a beer

stoic1337

Rank 0

Advocate I

Dec 24, 2020
Florida
First Name
Brian
Last Name
River
I live and play in Florida. I don't need rock crawling reinforcement/accessories, but I'll pay for them to get MGV and washout flooring for all of the sand, mud, and clay we have. All the dark material on offer at launch sitting in direct sunlight waiting to burn my family is a deal-breaker though. What happened to that fabulous white interior in the promos?

Reactions: Timothy

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
I live and play in Florida. I don't need rock crawling reinforcement/accessories, but I'll pay for them to get MGV and washout flooring for all of the sand, mud, and clay we have. All the dark material on offer at launch sitting in direct sunlight waiting to burn my family is a deal-breaker though. What happened to that fabulous white interior in the promos?
The Outerbanks has a good looking Roast color cloth interior. Might be worth checking out.
Screenshot_20201225-202654_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201225-202747_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Bronc96

samanator

Rank V

Supporter I

Oct 10, 2020
Pompano Beach FL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martin
Member #

In the first post, the last one on the right is brown. Brown I want, tan not so much. All the tan leather interiors I've had wear the color off on the outer lower cushion and piping. Don't want another unless my only other choices are light grey. I would prefer brown in MGV with wash out floors.

Reactions: Timothy

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
In the first post, the last one on the right is brown. Brown I want, tan not so much. All the tan leather interiors I've had wear the color off on the outer lower cushion and piping. Don't want another unless my only other choices are light grey. I would prefer brown in MGV with wash out floors.
Another alternative would be to get the Bronco with cloth seats and use the $2195 leather upgrade towards custom leather seats. I know alot of new car dealers use Katzkin leather company to upgrade their in stock units to leather, the cost is comparable to factory leather upgrade. Katzkin has been around for years and they have a excellent reputation. I've personally have seen some of their work and think they do a great job. They do offer a wide range of colors and have alot of tan leathers to choose from. Check them out at www.katzkin.com

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
I don't understand why everything nowadays is half black. It used to be you could get you entire interior in tan, gray, red, and blue. From the carpet all the way up to the dash you got full color.

Now a days everything comes with a side of black.
On the new Bronco, I think Ford was going for that 60's two tone interior design. Personally the Sandstone/Black two tone is one of my favorites. Also loving the Roast/Black two tone. Wish the offered it on they First Edition.
images (15).jpeg
476F720E-FA98-4FEC-B938-E8F0B74468A5 (1).jpeg

Rydfree

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

On the new Bronco, I think Ford was going for that 60's two tone interior design. Personally the Sandstone/Black two tone is one of my favorites. Also loving the Roast/Black two tone. Wish the offered it on they First Edition.
View attachment 6845View attachment 6846
The Roast and black from the OBX is the best combo IMO . Ford should at least allow the BL , WT and FE to chose that option also . It adds a luxury quality that is missing from the $50k + Broncos . I just don't like the OBX with the anodized dash , painted mirrors etc and I want the Sway disconnect of the BL . A Roast trimmed MGV would be perfect also . Come on FORD , help a brottha out !!

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
North Palm Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
View attachment 6845View attachment 6846
The 60s two tone interior looks nice, thank you for posting! Would be great to get some basic colors to choose from on all the trims offered with the new Bronco. This keeps me going back and forth on when to buy. Do I wait a year and see if Ford offers an tan cover, all tan interior option? Is this something they would communicate their intentions @David

My Ford dealer said I got my new Bronco reservation in soon enough that I should get delivery with the first set of Broncos that are anticipated for June 2021. Yet, getting a clear answer on the interior options for the future and what Ford is leaning towards would be really helpful.

samanator

Rank V

Supporter I

Oct 10, 2020
Pompano Beach FL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Another alternative would be to get the Bronco with cloth seats and use the $2195 leather upgrade towards custom leather seats. I know alot of new car dealers use Katzkin leather company to upgrade their in stock units to leather, the cost is comparable to factory leather upgrade. Katzkin has been around for years and they have a excellent reputation. I've personally have seen some of their work and think they do a great job. They do offer a wide range of colors and have alot of tan leathers to choose from. Check them out at www.katzkin.com
I've seen Katzkin and I like you can have them with heated and ventilated options which would make them better than the OEM version. The issue with them is they sometimes don't have the color or pattern you want and you have to find a way to get the color to parts like the armrests, door panels, and sometimes dash so things match. Getting that done would far exceed the $2195.

Garemlin

Rank VI

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

I have heard great things about Alea. They are supposed to be better quality than Katzkin and they are less pricey.

www.alealeather.com

Reactions: Bronc96 and Timothy

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
I've seen Katzkin and I like you can have them with heated and ventilated options which would make them better than the OEM version. The issue with them is they sometimes don't have the color or pattern you want and you have to find a way to get the color to parts like the armrests, door panels, and sometimes dash so things match. Getting that done would far exceed the $2195.
Interesting options, I am glad to hear there are other ways to upgrade the interior, such as with Katzkin.com. I know Ford can not do everything and give every option. Yet, the color of the interior remains a big consideration for myself on what options to ultimatley go with. It would put a big smile on my face to have an all tan option :)

I like how interchangeable the items are on the module approach to this Bronco. From the fenders, bumpers, doors and more. Being able to customize is a lot of fun.

Last edited:

samanator

Rank V

Supporter I

Oct 10, 2020
Pompano Beach FL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martin
Member #

This is a helpful photo to see the Medium Sandstone and what it looks like. Thank you for posting.
I wish the colors were reversed on that. The Outer edge cushions are the ones that take the most beating when you get in and out, and black will take more abuse than tan(medium Sand Stone). The tan would be where you sit and be a bit cooler. Tan also starts to turn blue if you wear jeans a lot. I feel the roast and black or just black will be more durable. Speaking from having about a dozen tan seat leather interiors, two brown leather seat interiors, and two black leather seat interiors. Brown or black is best, and these were all in convertibles. I never want tan again in a convertible with the black stuff in the soil here that gets blown in the wind. Nearly impossible to get out of tan leather.

Reactions: Bronc96

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
I wish the colors were reversed on that. The Outer edge cushions are the ones that take the most beating when you get in and out, and black will take more abuse than tan(medium Sand Stone). The tan would be where you sit and be a bit cooler. Tan also starts to turn blue if you wear jeans a lot. I feel the roast and black or just black will be more durable. Speaking from having about a dozen tan seat leather interiors, two brown leather seat interiors, and two black leather seat interiors. Brown or black is best, and these were all in convertibles. I never want tan again in a convertible with the black stuff in the soil here that gets blown in the wind. Nearly impossible to get out of tan leather.
Hmm, I haven't had tan interiors change color from blue jeans. I do clean and coat the tan leather seats in my current vehicles often with leather care. I know everyone has a different thought on interior colors. I would be happy if we had a core set of interior colors we could customize the Bronco with, similar to how there are a set of exterior colors to choose from.

Reactions: Vigor and Bronc96

Vigor

Rank V

Promoter III

Dec 31, 2020
Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Farrar
Member #

The Roast and black from the OBX is the best combo IMO . Ford should at least allow the BL , WT and FE to chose that option also . It adds a luxury quality that is missing from the $50k + Broncos . I just don't like the OBX with the anodized dash , painted mirrors etc and I want the Sway disconnect of the BL . A Roast trimmed MGV would be perfect also . Come on FORD , help a brottha out !!
I know others may disagree with you and I. But the dash of the obx is really my only hold up here. Oddly enough the blue dash has a grey hue. I think it will blend better with roast/onyx than uh, that bright penny color

Vigor

Rank V

Promoter III

Dec 31, 2020
Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Farrar
Member #

Hmm, I haven't had tan interiors change color from blue jeans. I do clean and coat the tan leather seats in my current vehicles often with leather care. I know everyone has a different thought on interior colors. I would be happy if we had a core set of interior colors we could customize the Bronco with, similar to how there are a set of exterior colors to choose from.
So I did ask my dealer if at order time I can put a request for one color set of seats and the alternate dash, for obx. He said he will do the research but I'm not holding my breath

The white accents of the navy pier dash will match well with my white exterior

I also like that Navy tier has a grey arm rest. Blends well with onyx. Makes the roast seats POP! That option I just described doesn't come standard but is such an easy swap at the factory