Bronco with tan interior color

Would you support Ford offering an all tan color interior?

• Total voters

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
North Palm Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
I want to give Ford a shout out, thank you for bringing the Bronco back with such great styling from its rich heritage!

I do have a request for an all tan interior color.
The interior color is a huge part of the overall experience...
  • Overall feel of riding in a vehicle with tan interior puts a smile on my face. I absolutely love the look and feel of a tan color interior.
  • We live in a very warm area, the tan color interior does a lot to cool the inside temperature of the vehicle in the warm sunshine.
  • Tan interiors give a vehicle a lot of class in my humble opinion. . I would pay extra for this option.
If you are supportive of the all tan color interior option, please like this post, vote yes in the poll and help me by spreading the word.

I am new to the forum and appreciate any feedback and help.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

Last edited:

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

I’m all for supporting what others want in their rigs, but tan interior is not on MY wishlist. I currently have a 2014 Escape with tan leather interior, and I have be honest it’s been really hard to keep clean and looking good. I think it’d be even worse after hitting the trails topless and doorless. I live in Phoenix so I know about hot car interiors, and to be honest I really haven’t felt an appreciable difference in my current tan leather, my wife’s current red leather, or her past black leather...it was all HOT! If the MGV in my Badlands is too terrible, I’ll just figure out some kind of seat cover.

I’m actually surprised the passion (and vehement hatred) people have for interiors. They’ve never been a particularly big deal for me.

Good luck optioning a rig that makes you happy! And welcome to Bronco Nation. There is a great group of enthusiastic and knowledgeable people here!

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
I’m all for supporting what others want in their rigs, but tan interior is not on MY wishlist. I currently have a 2014 Escape with tan leather interior, and I have be honest it’s been really hard to keep clean and looking good. I think it’d be even worse after hitting the trails topless and doorless. I live in Phoenix so I know about hot car interiors, and to be honest I really haven’t felt an appreciable difference in my current tan leather, my wife’s current red leather, or her past black leather...it was all HOT! If the MGV in my Badlands is too terrible, I’ll just figure out some kind of seat cover.

I’m actually surprised the passion (and vehement hatred) people have for interiors. They’ve never been a particularly big deal for me.

Good luck optioning a rig that makes you happy! And welcome to Bronco Nation. There is a great group of enthusiastic and knowledgeable people here!
Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.
I am coming to a quick conclusion that a few basic color options across the different build types would benefit all Bronco owners. I am passionate about tan (I hear the concern - it may be a bit harder to keep clean, yet, the feeling I get riding around in a vehicle with a tan color interior makes it worth my extra effort to keep it clean. I own two vehicles currently that have all tan interiors and I love the feeling. Makes me feel cheerful when riding in them compared to the vehicles I have had with black or dark interiors while felt a little down to me. Yet, I realize everyone has a different perspective on this and may not care as much about the interior color. Maybe Ford could give us a core group of colors to choose from on the interior, similar to what they did with exterior colors.

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne

I am glad to be on the Bronco Nation forum, feeling welcomed and so glad to be getting all the feedback. A strong community here of knowledgeable folks.

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

What Trim are you looking at? I'm getting a Badlands, so I'm locked into black. The Outer banks has the Roast with Black Onyx interior in cloth and leather and the Wildtrak has it in leather. It's not a full tan interior, but I think they are the most tan you can get in the initial Broncos.

nsd22

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 20, 2020
Arkansas, USA
First Name
Nicole
Last Name
Dougherty
Instead of all tan, I would LOVE an all black interior. I don't want my dash to be navy or the roast color, just an all black would be perfect. Wanted it to OBX then realized that wasn't an option, have yet to pick a trim based on this.

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
What Trim are you looking at? I'm getting a Badlands, so I'm locked into black. The Outer banks has the Roast with Black Onyx interior in cloth and leather and the Wildtrak has it in leather. It's not a full tan interior, but I think they are the most tan you can get in the initial Broncos.
I am looking at the Big Bend, they offer a black with sandstone option. Yet, I would prefer an all tan option. Maybe Ford will give us some basic interior color options, similar to what they do with exterior colors. Such as:
  • Black
  • Gray
  • Tan / Brown
  • White with a combo color (thought I saw this in one of their marketing photos.)

I agree with the comment above, a black interior can feel as dark as a cave.
    The tan interior color really adds some light into the interior and I love that.

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
Instead of all tan, I would LOVE an all black interior. I don't want my dash to be navy or the roast color, just an all black would be perfect. Wanted it to OBX then realized that wasn't an option, have yet to pick a trim based on this.
I could get behind that, give the buyers a few choices for interior colors and let them choose.

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

I would add......Tan or brown with an additional insert color to offset what would be too much tan/brown. They had this right from the get go! You could even do a bit more brown/tan along the side bolsters.......PERFECT! I have no idea why this is not on a current Bronco production vehicle. :unsure:

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 2.10.23 PM.png

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
I would add......Tan or brown with an additional insert color to offset what would be too much tan/brown. They had this right from the get go! You could even do a bit more brown/tan along the side bolsters.......PERFECT! I have no idea why this is not on a current Bronco production vehicle. :unsure:

View attachment 6532
Hard to argue with how good this looks, I am still a fan of letting the owner pick the interior color on all the models. I am more than likely going with a Big Bend and would like to have more interior color options :)

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

This. I'm not particular towards tan, but anything is better than all black. I just want something bold. The blue interior is nice, but it wouldn't be a good match with red exterior paint jobs.
People keep saying that the Navy Pier and red exteriors don't look good together, and I am of the opposite opinion. I think they look great together. Maybe living in Arizona and being bombarded constantly with Maroon/Gold and Navy/Red color palettes from ASU and UofA, respectively, have affected more than I would like to admit!

Champion I

Jun 1, 2020
Alaska, USA
People keep saying that the Navy Pier and red exteriors don't look good together, and I am of the opposite opinion. I think they look great together. Maybe living in Arizona and being bombarded constantly with Maroon/Gold and Navy/Red color palettes from ASU and UofA, respectively, have affected more than I would like to admit!
If Ford offers it, I'd love to see one in person and judge for myself. I'm skeptical but willing to be proven wrong.

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
Sounds like you found your perfect Bronco colors.
Mine is Cactus Gray with Black leather.

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

I agree! I know enough has been said about Navy Nonsense but if people like it so be it.....I'll take my FE interior in all Black!

Hopefully they get a little creative and give the Black interior some nice stitching or mild accents otherwise I'm soooooooo happy to have it over the Navy. (y)

Last edited:

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

haha, I think I'm just used to the Navy and Red color combo being in Arizona. I'm getting a Badlands, so I'm locked into black interior :). I've bounced around on exterior color a LOT. At first I was all in on area 51, but I kind of cooled on that. Then it was anitmatter blue, but I think its just too dark on a Badlands with black interior. Now I'm feeling velocity blue. My LFD has a Bronco Sport in cactus grey, so I may try to get over there this weekend to check that color out live and in person.

I've just never been a fan of greyscale car colors (I'm not saying everyone should feel that way, its just my opinion), so black, white, iconic silver, and carbonized grey are out for me. My wife is the opposite. She's had a black Z3 and gun metal grey c-class, haha.