Rank 0

Advocate I

Jun 14, 2021
Flat Rock, Wayne County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Howard
I would highly doubt it. Here is a picture of the Overlander which is a Badlands without the Squatch package. It has aftermarket wheels and 35" tires.
I am sure you would have rubbing issues while turning.

View attachment 8820
Do you know what brand and the specs (offsets) of the tires and wheels pictured here? I loved the wheels and they look great I just can read the brand from the pic

Advocate I

Jun 30, 2021
Texas
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Nguyen
Just an FYI, I just bought new wheels (20in) and tires (35in) for a base Bronco, and found out that although the bolt pattern is the same as the Ranger, some of the Ranger wheels will not fit due to brake caliper clearance problems.

bbarnshaw

Rank IV

Champion III

May 24, 2021
Cherry Hill, NJ
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Barnshaw
Member #

Not an expert on this topic so looking for some guidance. My dealer won't help as they stated they can't change out the rims or tires as it changes the safety ratings. I can do so on my own however. I ordered a 4 door OBX. I think the wheels and rims are wimpy looking (should have gone with SAS in hindsight) but I'm looking to put bigger / beefier tires on it to make it look more aggressive. Can I do that with the stock 18 inch rims without a lift? Or if that's not an option, can I drop down to a 17 inch rim with bigger tires (again without a lift)? I don't plan on off roading. This will be my daily commuter so mainly city and occasionally highway. I think the OBX tires are 32" (255/70 R18). Ideally I'd like to powder coat the stock rims to a glossy black to match the grill on the OBX and put 285/70's on them. Any insight is appreciated.

Last edited:

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Not an expert on this topic so looking for some guidance. My dealer won't help as they stated they can't change out the rims or tires as it changes the safety ratings. I can do so on my own however. I ordered a 4 door OBX. I think the wheels and rims are wimpy looking (should have gone with SAS in hindsight) but I'm looking to put bigger / beefier tires on it to make it look more aggressive. Can I do that with the stock 18 inch rims without a lift? Or if that's not an option, can I drop down to a 17 inch rim with bigger tires (again without a lift)? I don't plan on off roading. This will be my daily commuter so mainly city and occasionally highway. I think the OBX tires are 32" (255/70 R18). Ideally I'd like to powder coat the stock rims to a glossy black to match the grill on the OBX and put 285/70's on them. Any insight is appreciated.
Changes safety ratings? you need a new dealer.

Jmoder

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jun 29, 2021
Texas
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Moder
There’s a guy on Facebook group for Base owners who took pics of his Steelies with 33s. It looks awesome.

Wanted 33

Rank II

Supporter I

Aug 9, 2020
Down South in Dixie
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Kee
I could have written this post myself as I'm in the same boat. The design of the OBX wheels just don't trip my trigger. The problem with the 18" wheels on the OBX is they are only 7.5" wide, and the tires are sized to fit. The aftermarket wheels I've been looking, 17's & 18's, are 9" wide. Of course some say the factory 255/70R18 will fit a 9" wide rim, but it's not recommended by the tire manufacturer. I tend to lean towards the experts on something like this. So, for my OBX if I have to buy new tires I'm going down to 17x9" +20 offset rims (Fuel Shok) with a 285/70R17 tire. The 285 is right at 33" tall, and there shouldn't be any needed suspension tweaks going that size.

BTW, that's all the easy part. I now have to run this scenario past my Financial Advisor, and she may make me sleep with the dog for coming up with this idea. :)

Reactions: Deano Bronc

JumpityJump

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jul 13, 2021
SoCal
First Name
Nate
Last Name
McMahon
I've been trying to find a parts number for the steel wheels on the base Badlands. Tried multiple dealers sales departments and parts departments and no one can give me any info about them. ANyone here have an id of the parts number for them? I'm looking to potential order them separate for my 2020 Raptor and just want to see if they would be compatible.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

I've been trying to find a parts number for the steel wheels on the base Badlands. Tried multiple dealers sales departments and parts departments and no one can give me any info about them. ANyone here have an id of the parts number for them? I'm looking to potential order them separate for my 2020 Raptor and just want to see if they would be compatible.
They are not compatible. The Bronco is the same as the Ranger but not the F150 line.

BTW - There is a guy on here trying to sell his base Badlands wheels.

Reactions: JumpityJump

JumpityJump

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jul 13, 2021
SoCal
First Name
Nate
Last Name
McMahon
I appreciate that. I expected they wouldn't be compatible. I wish there was a good option for steelies for my Raptor. Oh well.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

Advocate I

Jun 30, 2021
Texas
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Nguyen
I jumped the gun a bit and ordered these for my son's new Bronco, they just arrived this week. 20inch wheels with 35 in Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Hopefully his Bronco arrives in a few weeks. His is a white base 2dr. My wife ordered a 4dr Badlands w/Sasquatch, but that will arrive much later. These will theoretically require a small adapter to clear the brake calipers (they fit the Ranger fine, but don't clear the Bronco calipers). We're also going to lift it a little bit.
part0.jpg

Bike007b

Rank V

Supporter III

Feb 12, 2021
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hauritz
Member #

I jumped the gun a bit and ordered these for my son's new Bronco, they just arrived this week. 20inch wheels with 35 in Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Hopefully his Bronco arrives in a few weeks. His is a white base 2dr. My wife ordered a 4dr Badlands w/Sasquatch, but that will arrive much later. These will theoretically require a small adapter to clear the brake calipers (they fit the Ranger fine, but don't clear the Bronco calipers). We're also going to lift it a little bit.
View attachment 15498
Nice looking rims!!!