Bronco "Warthog"? Maybe not... Speculation around new name

Collin
May 25, 2021

Rank V

May 25, 2021

The people over at Ford Authority are speculating that the high-performance variant of the Bronco might not be released under the name "Warthog."
Instead, they believe Ford may recycle a well-recognized, traditional Ford vehicle name (similar to the case with the Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning).

They also revealed that "Redback" is the supposed codename for the 2023 Ford Ranger Raptor.
I've linked the article below.

What do you all think? Are there any old names you'd like to see brought back for this Bronco variant?

Ford Bronco Warthog Might Launch Under Different Name: Exclusive (fordauthority.com)
Shadowblade
Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2021

Rank IV

May 27, 2021

I've seen this mentioned in several other places already. All the other trim names were different during development. The trim names (Badlands, OBX, etc...) weren't revealed internally until a couple weeks before the media reveal for the Bronco. The placeholder names were not as good as what the company went with for the reveal. Wouldn't shock me if the name changed for the Warthog too.
SlashRacer, LR48

Rank VI

May 31, 2021

Some old Ford names to choose from:
  • Edsel
  • Country Squire
  • Crown Victoria
  • Skyliner
  • Nite
  • Tudor
  • Fairlane
  • Maverick
  • Pinto
  • Torino
  • Aerostar
  • Falcon
  • Galaxie
None of which sound better than "Bronco Raptor"!
2022 Bronco BadSquatch, 1974 Bronco Ranger, 1976 Bronco Crawler, 1978 Bronco Custom
SlashRacer, LR48