Advocate III

Aug 8, 2020
Kentucky, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

It was from a friend and they may be messing with me. I haven’t contacted my dealer yet and was just curious if anyone else had heard this. Google and 6g aren’t showing anything and it may be hearsay.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

It was from a friend and they may be messing with me. I haven’t contacted my dealer yet and was just curious if anyone else had heard this. Google and 6g aren’t showing anything and it may be hearsay.
Yea, s/he fed you a lot of $hit and you ate it hook, line, and sinker.

• Haha
Reactions: Gutter Clown

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
Anyone else heard there’s a commodity hold on all V6 builds until 2022MY?
That rumor goes directly against Ford saying that all First Editions will be MY21 only (reiterated again in the latest roof announcement a couple days ago) since all First Editions have V6's.

Reactions: BBNation

Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Champion III

Jul 29, 2020
Milton, Georgia
First Name
MATT
Last Name
HOBBS
Member #

There was a commodity review from a dealer on 6G late last week. They mentioned that the 2.7L engine was not as bad as they were expecting. That does not sound bad coming from a dealer. They discussed many of the items in the post.

linzbunch

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 3, 2021
Austin Texas
First Name
Lindsey
Last Name
Bunch
I didn’t make a reservation till March 27. Anyone know when I’ll be able to covert to a order? I know I’ll have to wait till MY22 but any info on how they’re taking the 2nd wave of reservations. My dealer doesn’t seem to know anything more than I do.
I thought all orders were closed on the 19th, no matter when your resi was made. I had an October reservation and converted my order on day 2. Will agree the dealers are clueless.

joedirte

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Mar 13, 2021
Redding, CA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I’m sorry, is it just me? $50 worth of foam glued to the top doesn’t quite do it for me. How about, “Dear bronco owner, since we had a complete lack of foresight and completely botched the roll out of the Bronco you’ve been waiting for for 20 years. We are going to give you special 0% financing for up to 84 months.

Love, Ford

That would do it for me.
Now your talking.

Reactions: LagoCJ

LagoCJ

Rank V

Promoter III

Jul 13, 2020
Lago Vista, TX, USA
First Name
CJ
Last Name
Frost
Member #

I thought all orders were closed on the 19th, no matter when your resi was made. I had an October reservation and converted my order on day 2. Will agree the dealers are clueless.
The later reservations were not allowed to order in the 'first wave'. Last posting I saw was that second wave reservations will be on order hold until later this year and then they will be able to convert. As for the order window closing on 3/19, it did, and then it opened back up after the Top and option issues were announced. Ford is allowing for modifications to first wave orders until I think 4/8 or so....just in case people want to change their minds given the new limitations and changes to plan.

Reactions: ResidualGenius

swooshdave

Rank III

Supporter I

Dec 17, 2020
Portland, Oregon
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Friesen
The later reservations were not allowed to order in the 'first wave'. Last posting I saw was that second wave reservations will be on order hold until later this year and then they will be able to convert. As for the order window closing on 3/19, it did, and then it opened back up after the Top and option issues were announced. Ford is allowing for modifications to first wave orders until I think 4/8 or so....just in case people want to change their minds given the new limitations and changes to plan.
What do you mean about the first order wave? Or second order wave? Plenty of people with late reservations have ordered already.

I think you are confusing the builds, they will plan out the first quarter builds and then the second quarter. That should take care of most/some of the Day One and Day Two reservations and then some.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

like @swooshdave said there is no "waves" if you had a reservation prior to the 3/19 deadline you could place an order but the builds are based on your reservation timestamp so later reservations may not be built until Q4 or even Q1/2 2022 at best. All orders can be changed up until the VIN is made.

lonzo71

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Feb 20, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Damba
Member #

Well, I wouldn't make changes "up until the VIN is made", considering everything. Ford is asking people to make any changes till 4/8 for a reason. I've made my changes already and not going to mess things up with the possibility of getting delayed more.

When they tell me in May on when I can expect it, I might make changes based off 22MY, but cant go anything till at least May and until they release build & price info. Just hope that the color I chose this time would be offered for the 22. That would really suck

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
Looks like MY21s are still available according to this email from Ford that showed up less than an hour ago. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
I'm going to guess with the large percentage of people ordering V6, Sasquatch, and maybe hardtops also and given supply line constraints, that they might be expecting some room on the assembly line with available parts for some no option soft top 4 doors with 2.3Ls. They have been showing nothing but soft tops at all the dealer events in Michigan and there is probably a reason for it.

MN_OuterBanks

Rank III

Promoter III

Mar 19, 2021
MN, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wesanto
I read it as 21 and nearly all 22's are sold...hurry and get a reservation for 22.
Yeah I didn’t take that as you’ll get a MY21 if you order now. In fact, as fas as I know you can’t order now. The window was closed 3/19 and only changes are available until 4/8. But anything is possible I guess. My OBX with Lux and v6 is ripe with part constraints, so even my day one reservation may be at risk with the changes needed for FEs.

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
Yeah I didn’t take that as you’ll get a MY21 if you order now. In fact, as fas as I know you can’t order now. The window was closed 3/19 and only changes are available until 4/8. But anything is possible I guess. My OBX with Lux and v6 is ripe with part constraints, so even my day one reservation may be at risk with the changes needed for FEs.
You can still make reservations on the website and you can still go to a dealer and submit an order. You're just getting added to the end of the line of existing orders by time stamp. There is no reason for Ford to stop taking orders. Why would they turn potential customers away.

You can change your order up until it gets scheduled at the assembly plant a few weeks before production. The only thing the 4/8 date means is for Ford planning the first couple months production with relation to the roof. The very first bunch of Broncos produced will probably be scheduled very soon after 4/8 so that group needs to get their changes in right now. For those farther back in line, I doubt the 4/8 date means very much.

There may be a large chunk of the FE's getting the late availability black interior. I know I would if I was getting an FE rather than settle for Navy Pier. In reality, there may not be a ton of FE's getting built right off the start. I think they mentioned or people speculated that MY21 will be 60,000 to 70,000 vehicles. FE's at most represent 10% of production. Depending on how early you are on the first day and how high you are in the allocation for your dealership you could get yours pretty quick.

Reactions: swooshdave