Today Ford updated the timing and production constraints for the 2021 Bronco. The news will be expected by some and come as a surprise to others as this launch has been anything but predictable. Tops continue to be the biggest news making commodity and as we reported earlier this week, the supply base and Ford continue to face challenges delivering on the modularity options which has been a cornerstone of the modularity story shared by Ford since the reveal last summer. Below is a summary of the news being made by Ford today:
CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
- Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
- 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
- More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
- COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
- The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
- The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
- Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
- Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
- Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
- Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
- Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
- We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
- Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
- We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
- In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
- In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.