Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

In their presentation on Bronco DR, Ford announced some news regarding the Bronco hard top. Mark Gruber, Ford US Consumer Marketing Manager, said that the hard top replacement program for Bronco was ahead of schedule and that he expected it to be complete, "later this month, in November."

Both here on Bronco Nation and across the Bronco-Sphere, we've seen plenty of postings from users who have had their Dirt Mountain Broncos delivered. However, in the past week there have been threads from MIC 2.0 owners that are pointing out some of the same issues that we saw with MIC 1.0. Whether those issues are wide spread and will merit a new replacement program remains to be seen.

View attachment 20833

Krmparkguy

Rank 0

Advocate I

Aug 15, 2021
Grapevine, Texas
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Mitchell
Frustrating for sure… seeing lots of Broncos delivered built after my 8.12 FE…. I guess Ill be the last to leave dirt mountain… They also said we would get an update….. last update 9.23.21…. I guess announcing today was the update

Rank III

Advocate I

Oct 6, 2021
Lincoln Nebraska
First Name
Jennifer
Last Name
Heaton
Member #

In their presentation on Bronco DR, Ford announced some news regarding the Bronco hard top. Mark Gruber, Ford US Consumer Marketing Manager, said that the hard top replacement program for Bronco was ahead of schedule and that he expected it to be complete, "later this month, in November."

Both here on Bronco Nation and across the Bronco-Sphere, we've seen plenty of postings from users who have had their Dirt Mountain Broncos delivered. However, in the past week there have been threads from MIC 2.0 owners that are pointing out some of the same issues that we saw with MIC 1.0. Whether those issues are wide spread and will merit a new replacement program remains to be seen.

View attachment 20833
Has there been any word on when those who converted to soft top will be able to order a hard top?

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Has there been any word on when those who converted to soft top will be able to order a hard top?
2023 at best and a nice price tag with rumors of $2500+ and you cover the freight which will be around $500 since you are a partial load for the carrier

Recce

Rank III

Advocate I

Nov 7, 2021
Huntsville, A.l
First Name
Ricky
Last Name
Kleager
Member #

I am on hurry up and wait because I ordered the Wild Trak with the hard top. I don’t like the soft top but this is getting frustrating. I am staying with waiting on the hard top.

Rank III

Advocate I

Oct 6, 2021
Lincoln Nebraska
First Name
Jennifer
Last Name
Heaton
Member #

Thanks! The soft top isn't horrible and its easy to manipulate to get the full affects of not having the roof covered but I do miss reduced road noise and I anticiapte that the inside of my bronco may get a lot colder in January here in Nebraska. Hopefully Ford will keep the price around $1,200 which would include the sound reducing headliner that they initially gave to hard-top orderers for free! I would hope they would award those Bronco owners, who chose to change their order to soft-top, with one of the first opportunities to order the hard-top. Maybe if I say it out loud, it will come true.
:ROFLMAO:

CypressBronco

Rank 0

Advocate II

Sep 28, 2021
Cypress, TX
First Name
JOEY
Last Name
ELIZOND
Thanks! The soft top isn't horrible and its easy to manipulate to get the full affects of not having the roof covered but I do miss reduced road noise and I anticiapte that the inside of my bronco may get a lot colder in January here in Nebraska. Hopefully Ford will keep the price around $1,200 which would include the sound reducing headliner that they initially gave to hard-top orderers for free! I would hope they would award those Bronco owners, who chose to change their order to soft-top, with one of the first opportunities to order the hard-top. Maybe if I say it out loud, it will come true.
Agreed. Still looking for the soft top replacement but happy to have my OB!

Any progress on the aftermarket hard tops in development?

• Haha
Reactions: ResidualGenius

Recce

Rank III

Advocate I

Nov 7, 2021
Huntsville, A.l
First Name
Ricky
Last Name
Kleager
Member #

I never changed from the hard top and finally have notice my order is placed. No manufacturing date yet. I did not want the soft top. Hopefully in the short term mine will get built.

Reactions: SuperMike

SuperMike

Rank IV

Promoter III

Jun 3, 2021
Jeffersonville, IN
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Adams
I am on hurry up and wait because I ordered the Wild Trak with the hard top. I don’t like the soft top but this is getting frustrating. I am staying with waiting on the hard top.
Same. I'm hopeful once they complete the replacement process for those that need it, they will begin building out those that are ordered with them.

EBG

Rank IV

Supporter I

May 20, 2020
Bestop makes soft tops for 2 dr Broncos, they've been available for over a year. I drove several Broncos (both 2 door and 4 door) with them at the Off-Roadeo and had no problems with them. Why doesn't Ford offer them with the 2 door? Those of us who are STILL waiting for ours could change the order to a soft top, get our Broncos, and enjoy them while Ford figures out the MIC (MIC= Mostly, It's Cardboard). Or, admit that they can't figure it out, and manufacture the hard tops out of fiberglass (or aluminum, or....STEEL) and be done with it.

Andrea25

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 19, 2021
Cleveland ohio
First Name
Andrea
Last Name
Lingenfelter
They soft top is a lot quieter then I expected but I am still waiting for the hard top to replace it!

Rydfree

Rank VI

Promoter II

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

Bestop makes soft tops for 2 dr Broncos, they've been available for over a year. I drove several Broncos (both 2 door and 4 door) with them at the Off-Roadeo and had no problems with them. Why doesn't Ford offer them with the 2 door? Those of us who are STILL waiting for ours could change the order to a soft top, get our Broncos, and enjoy them while Ford figures out the MIC (MIC= Mostly, It's Cardboard). Or, admit that they can't figure it out, and manufacture the hard tops out of fiberglass (or aluminum, or....STEEL) and be done with it.
Bestop is in no better shape than anyone else during this supply chain debacle to make a lot of product . If Ford could offer soft tops at the moment they would . The decision not to offer soft tops for 2 drs was made long ago and can not easily be reversed during this supply chain fiasco :(

J.bell

Rank VI

Promoter II

Mar 25, 2021
Bay Shore, NY, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Bellino
Member #

I haven’t any faith Ford will do the right thing for owners that changed there mic to soft top in order to receive their bronco earlier. They completely f’ed it up regardless of the supply chain restraints. They gave us sound deadening for the mic but couldn’t deliver the mic. And a year later I still don’t have a soft top. This is probably the last Ford I will ever own.