Bronco Top News - Ford Says Replacement Program Should Be Complete In November

David
Nov 01, 2021

Rank VI

Nov 01, 2021

In their presentation on Bronco DR, Ford announced some news regarding the Bronco hard top. Mark Gruber, Ford US Consumer Marketing Manager, said that the hard top replacement program for Bronco was ahead of schedule and that he expected it to be complete, "later this month, in November."

Both here on Bronco Nation and across the Bronco-Sphere, we've seen plenty of postings from users who have had their Dirt Mountain Broncos delivered. However, in the past week there have been threads from MIC 2.0 owners that are pointing out some of the same issues that we saw with MIC 1.0. Whether those issues are wide spread and will merit a new replacement program remains to be seen.

View attachment 20833
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
bdawson24, Gunninja1
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 01, 2021

Rank V

Nov 01, 2021

3rd times the charm if MIC 2.0 doesn't workout :ROFLMAO:
VegasJason

Rank III

Nov 01, 2021

Please let someone dig Old Man Henry Ford up, so he can start firing people over this debacle..:rolleyes:...
BroncoTerry, Cable Guy

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Nov 02, 2021

Crossing fingers for everyone who's got to swap out their hard tops. I'm sure it must be a source of frustration, but I hope we will laugh about this some day.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
WeakNinja, Bronc96

Rank 0

Nov 02, 2021

Frustrating for sure… seeing lots of Broncos delivered built after my 8.12 FE…. I guess Ill be the last to leave dirt mountain… They also said we would get an update….. last update 9.23.21…. I guess announcing today was the update

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Nov 02, 2021

As long as I get mine this year, I'm happy

Got a catch can waiting to be installed anyway, so I'm all good
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
BuckYeah, AcesandEights

Rank IV

Nov 09, 2021

In their presentation on Bronco DR, Ford announced some news regarding the Bronco hard top. Mark Gruber, Ford US Consumer Marketing Manager, said that the hard top replacement program for Bronco was ahead of schedule and that he expected it to be complete, "later this month, in November."

Both here on Bronco Nation and across the Bronco-Sphere, we've seen plenty of postings from users who have had their Dirt Mountain Broncos delivered. However, in the past week there have been threads from MIC 2.0 owners that are pointing out some of the same issues that we saw with MIC 1.0. Whether those issues are wide spread and will merit a new replacement program remains to be seen.

View attachment 20833
Has there been any word on when those who converted to soft top will be able to order a hard top?

Libations MOD

Nov 10, 2021

Has there been any word on when those who converted to soft top will be able to order a hard top?
2023 at best and a nice price tag with rumors of $2500+ and you cover the freight which will be around $500 since you are a partial load for the carrier
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank V

Nov 10, 2021

I am on hurry up and wait because I ordered the Wild Trak with the hard top. I don’t like the soft top but this is getting frustrating. I am staying with waiting on the hard top.

Rank IV

Nov 10, 2021

Thanks! The soft top isn't horrible and its easy to manipulate to get the full affects of not having the roof covered but I do miss reduced road noise and I anticiapte that the inside of my bronco may get a lot colder in January here in Nebraska. Hopefully Ford will keep the price around $1,200 which would include the sound reducing headliner that they initially gave to hard-top orderers for free! I would hope they would award those Bronco owners, who chose to change their order to soft-top, with one of the first opportunities to order the hard-top. Maybe if I say it out loud, it will come true.
:ROFLMAO:
CypressBronco, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Nov 23, 2021

Thanks! The soft top isn't horrible and its easy to manipulate to get the full affects of not having the roof covered but I do miss reduced road noise and I anticiapte that the inside of my bronco may get a lot colder in January here in Nebraska. Hopefully Ford will keep the price around $1,200 which would include the sound reducing headliner that they initially gave to hard-top orderers for free! I would hope they would award those Bronco owners, who chose to change their order to soft-top, with one of the first opportunities to order the hard-top. Maybe if I say it out loud, it will come true.
Agreed. Still looking for the soft top replacement but happy to have my OB!

Any progress on the aftermarket hard tops in development?
ResidualGenius

Rank V

Nov 23, 2021

I never changed from the hard top and finally have notice my order is placed. No manufacturing date yet. I did not want the soft top. Hopefully in the short term mine will get built.
SuperMike

Rank V

Nov 23, 2021

I am on hurry up and wait because I ordered the Wild Trak with the hard top. I don’t like the soft top but this is getting frustrating. I am staying with waiting on the hard top.

Same. I'm hopeful once they complete the replacement process for those that need it, they will begin building out those that are ordered with them.
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22

Rank 0

Nov 24, 2021

They could borrow some tops from jeep if this top don‘t work out

Libations MOD

Nov 24, 2021

Any progress on the aftermarket hard tops in development?
Some company/person posted their slantback for $9,500 last week or so LOL But that price doesn't surprise me as MIC will easily be $4000+
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank V

Nov 24, 2021

Bestop makes soft tops for 2 dr Broncos, they've been available for over a year. I drove several Broncos (both 2 door and 4 door) with them at the Off-Roadeo and had no problems with them. Why doesn't Ford offer them with the 2 door? Those of us who are STILL waiting for ours could change the order to a soft top, get our Broncos, and enjoy them while Ford figures out the MIC (MIC= Mostly, It's Cardboard). Or, admit that they can't figure it out, and manufacture the hard tops out of fiberglass (or aluminum, or....STEEL) and be done with it.

Rank 0

Nov 26, 2021

They soft top is a lot quieter then I expected but I am still waiting for the hard top to replace it!

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Nov 26, 2021

Bestop makes soft tops for 2 dr Broncos, they've been available for over a year. I drove several Broncos (both 2 door and 4 door) with them at the Off-Roadeo and had no problems with them. Why doesn't Ford offer them with the 2 door? Those of us who are STILL waiting for ours could change the order to a soft top, get our Broncos, and enjoy them while Ford figures out the MIC (MIC= Mostly, It's Cardboard). Or, admit that they can't figure it out, and manufacture the hard tops out of fiberglass (or aluminum, or....STEEL) and be done with it.

Bestop is in no better shape than anyone else during this supply chain debacle to make a lot of product . If Ford could offer soft tops at the moment they would . The decision not to offer soft tops for 2 drs was made long ago and can not easily be reversed during this supply chain fiasco :(
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."

Rank VI

Nov 26, 2021

I haven’t any faith Ford will do the right thing for owners that changed there mic to soft top in order to receive their bronco earlier. They completely f’ed it up regardless of the supply chain restraints. They gave us sound deadening for the mic but couldn’t deliver the mic. And a year later I still don’t have a soft top. This is probably the last Ford I will ever own.