Bronco Tool kit for 2 & 4 Door - first look

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA
I like how Ford is providing a tool kit. I suspect many Bronco buyers will enjoy having the tools they need without having to track down each socket and make sure they match to your chosen drive. Nice.

Early on I realized my metric tool collection was woefully inadequate. During my most recent project involving the Yakima Roof Rack, I had all the tools I needed. I guess somedays you can not have too many tools. ;)

View attachment 9408
Id recommend putting them into a milwaukee packout they make a small one if you like that or they have a small ratchet kit that is like that. Pretty sure those are like the Kobalt 90 kits that I think they are phasing out. Kobalt is going to be more power tools I think now. Previously they used Williams like the jh williams snap on owned but that at some point stopped and now they are kinda overpriced tools at least for the hand tools. I know Kaizen foam makes a metal mounting rack for two half size or one full. Maybe try finding a way to screw it into the vehicle and then mount it on them

Last edited:
Reactions: BuzzyBud

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA
OK, I just don't understand the naysayer attitude? These tools are a simple gesture from FMC. They DO NOT have to provide these, period. Ford is not going to "give you" anything... Like everybody is saying... they are probably ONLY intended for door/top removal. They are a SIMPLE add-on. If one doesn't like what is provided... simply, go B-U-Y what works for you. But to say "they look... blah, blah, blah" without ever physically looking or handling them... We'd ALL like to see a quality tool kit, like we'd all like to see an $800. ARB hydraulic jack or "cheaper" High Lift jack... myself, I'd like to see a free SAT phone OR free GMRS radio with purchase of my Badlands. lol
All im saying is that Ford is making it seem like this is a big thing. Instead of stamping quinn or eastwood they are stamping Bronco on them. They look exactly like the same junk that comes from cheapened out tool lines today. It would be at least nicer to have something a bit better considering that owners will be taking their tops off and on often. Im not trying to add any hate or argument towards anyone but rather add and improve the bronco more.

One thing I like that jeep does now is they stamp their torx bits T25 so you know how big they are. Yes, if you worked on a vehicle or in an assembly place you kinda just know. However I think the BRONCO brand and ford need to think a bit more like that as well.

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

All im saying is that Ford is making it seem like this is a big thing. Instead of stamping quinn or eastwood they are stamping Bronco on them. They look exactly like the same junk that comes from cheapened out tool lines today. It would be at least nicer to have something a bit better considering that owners will be taking their tops off and on often. Im not trying to add any hate or argument towards anyone but rather add and improve the bronco more.

One thing I like that jeep does now is they stamp their torx bits T25 so you know how big they are. Yes, if you worked on a vehicle or in an assembly place you kinda just know. However I think the BRONCO brand and ford need to think a bit more like that as well.
And my only thing is - cheap or expensive, WallyWorld special or top-end-lasts-forever tool "fill in the blank" - FMC didn't have to provide anything, it was a nice gesture. Historically, and I've purchased a number of vehicles in my years... never have I seen a high-end anything, especially as a "freebie" (said loosely for those paying an arm & leg for their new Broncos) accompanying a new vehicle. Hard to be too critical of free is my thought.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

@Will1234 I would like to apologize for my poking at your posts on this dang tool kit thread. It is meant to be all in a good natured spirit. I for one realize this “tool kit” from Ford is really nothing more than a small yet seemingly rather nice gift from them to us as a very, very small token of their appreciation for what is, I am guessing, a rather large group of buyers, who are showing tremendous patience. It is something I for one appreciate but will never use. Has nothing to do with quality, everything to do with the tools I will have in my own kit that I put together.

This site is one that I find to be refreshing and at most times, filled with knowledgable people willing to help, teach and show the way to others who are very new to this all. Most of the time we keep our egos relatively in check, but sometimes it gets away from us. I am sure it has a lot to do with the wait, the mixed messages and changing information. I encourage us all to stay focused and stay patient and attempt to keep it light hearted as much as possible. Let’s keep our eyes on the prize ladies and gentlemen! It’s about the journey, not the destination! And those friends, new and old that we meet along the way!

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

@Will1234 I would like to apologize for my poking at your posts on this dang tool kit thread. It is meant to be all in a good natured spirit. I for one realize this “tool kit” from Ford is really nothing more than a small yet seemingly rather nice gift from them to us as a very, very small token of their appreciation for what is, I am guessing, a rather large group of buyers, who are showing tremendous patience. It is something I for one appreciate but will never use. Has nothing to do with quality, everything to do with the tools I will have in my own kit that I put together.

This site is one that I find to be refreshing and at most times, filled with knowledgable people willing to help, teach and show the way to others who are very new to this all. Most of the time we keep our egos relatively in check, but sometimes it gets away from us. I am sure it has a lot to do with the wait, the mixed messages and changing information. I encourage us all to stay focused and stay patient and attempt to keep it light hearted as much as possible. Let’s keep our eyes on the prize ladies and gentlemen! It’s about the journey, not the destination! And those friends, new and old that we meet along the way!
Well said, Tim.

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA

I think lets argue for the bronco and not just between each other! Better for all of us.

TrailReady

Rank V

Champion I

Jan 27, 2021
calif.
First Name
S
Last Name
T
Member #

One of my least expensive knives is a buck knife.
One day Bass Pro Shops
(aka my favorite store)
had one of the Buck Brothers engraving his name.
That pocket knife grew in value big time for me.

20210310_060548-1.jpg

Last edited: